Vestas Wind Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Vestas Wind Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Vestas Wind Systems

2.8

RESOURCE Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems.

Interview

There were a few brief questions regarding my previous work experience, but other than that it was really quite simple and straightforward. I would still do a bit of research on the company itself just to show that you have done your part in the interview process.

Production Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Brighton, CO (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Waited 2 1/2 hours for an interview. I was called an "old fart" while waiting in the lobby for my interview. I have 25 years experience in part design, CAD, and assembly. I have written procedure manuals for past clients. I have done safety inspection for government contractors. I have done work for military and aerospace. My interview was the last of the day. I was rushed. I got cut off several times when trying to explain my experience. One guy decided that I had too much creative experience and not enough of simply putting things together.(so being able to think is a hindrance in their eyes). Anyone who takes a moment to think about it could see my experience was entirely relevant not just in assembly but safety as well. As a person who has designed parts I obviously know how to assemble them as well. Early on in the interview they carried themselves like they were just going through the moves of the interview and even said they had to hurry to get to a meeting. Both interviewers came across as people who follow instructions well but perhaps not so well for considering outside the box(kind of like the gammas in Aldous Huxleys book "Brave New World"). I know because I have had to recognize these traits in staff I have supervised in the past.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Vestas?   1 Answer

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

2 rounds of interview first round just close to 5 mins telephonic round and next round face to face for data science interviewed by person who does not have any knowledge on data science itself

Wind Turbine Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Iowa City, IA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Went to the site and was climb tested and interviewed. It went well. got a tour of the site and ONM Building. Met people on the crew while i was there.

Interview Questions

• Whats your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Brighton, CO (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

pretty standard, talked about safety, job duties , tell us about yourself. that was all. he talked about the department i was interviewing for. He asked if I had any questions or concerns.

Ndt Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pueblo, CO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Pueblo, CO (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

You get a phone call from a recruiter, then a phone interview with a Team Lead, then a sit down interview with management. After that you wait for the call from the recruiter with their offer. DONT LISTEN TO ANYTHING THEY SAY ABOUT PAY SCALE OR ADVANCEMENT. It's all a lie. You'll spend 5 years working the same job, same shift and every year get a 30-50 cents raise.

Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denmark, SC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Denmark, SC (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

We provide attractive opportunities for personal and professional development in a diverse working environment and fast-paced industry. Product development? Project Planning? Installation Manager? Service Technician? At MHI Vestas Offshore Wind™, we have positions within the entire value chain for you to explore and discover.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems (Kalamazoo, MI (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone call with site manager, He asked me a bunch of questions as to my knowledge in the industry. Tools I was competent with, the nature of the work I would be doing, etc.

Interview Questions

• If I was up for doing the job   1 Answer

Vestas Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vestas Wind Systems.

Interview

I applied online, through their career website.

Shortly after, I received an invitation for an "on-demand video interview", which is basically your opportunity to record your answers to 14 different questions, mostly about yourself and as often as you want. The process and website was very easy to handle, and it appeared to be a fair way to screen a large quantity of people. I enjoyed it.

However, two weeks later, I received an e-mail that informed me, that "We are delighted to inform you, that your application has made it through the first selection in our recruitment process." That was on the 06th of October. And I am quoting again:
    "Your resume and video interview will be shared with the Hiring Manager the week of October 2nd. You will hear from one of our Recruiters’ on your candidacy the following week. We are anticipating two rounds of interviews. First interview will be either on location or by Skype with the Hiring Manager week of October 16th depending on your location - and a second onsite interview with Hiring Manager and HR representatives end of October to early November. You will also be asked to complete an online assessment and a Vestas case during the process as well."

As you can imagine - I was delighted!

Sadly - and I am being honest here, because I do thing that Vestas is a great employer and tries its best - I never heard back. Wrote two e-mails (16. & 19.) to the address that had sent the invitation and tried to get in contact with HR personnel at Vestas through LinkedIn. Until today without any response on either channel.

Really unfortunate, but not a great experience after all.

EDIT: On the 01.11. I received this e-mail - just FYI

Hello [NAME],

Unfortunately, the position in Hamburg has been cancelled. Please visit vestas.com for other opportunities within the organization.

Yours sincerely / Med venlig hilsen,

Interview Questions

• Tell us about (1) Teamwork (2) failure (3) international experience   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Interview

really fast and they just want to see if you're down to do the job
    make sure you keep an eye contact tho and show up on time

all they really want is someone to stick in because this job isn't really going anywhere in the future

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.