WSP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

WSP Interview Questions

Updated 11 Dec 2017

2.7

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Pre-interview with the section manager, pretty informal, and also very professional. Mainly the interview is about the potential job openings, so they just want to have some basic understanding of the candidates.

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WSP (Lawrence, KS (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

This was an on campus interview with a few representatives from the company after the career fair. It was very laid back, more of a conversation as opposed to a formal interview.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WSP in October 2017.

Interview

I applied Monday and got a call from HR that Friday to schedule for an interview the same day. The next week I got a call from HR saying they were considering an offer. The following week, I got a call from HR again saying my offer would come in soon. I got my offer letter along with company benefits/employee manual the next day.

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WSP (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

During a disaster deployment if you apply they will call you. You must be ready to drop everything and travel to an on-boarding site. there you will be given paperwork to fill out, direct deposit forms (have a cancelled check with you), direct deposit info for your bank, two forms of government issued ID, information of your past for a detailed and multi-day background check. A fingerprint session will be carried out a government facility. Have enough cash to sustain you for at least 3 weeks in a disaster area before they reimburse you.

Interview Questions

• No real questions except cannot have a criminal background. It is under most of the government hiring guidelines as a government contractor.   Answer Question

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WSP in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter asking for a date to fix a conference phone interview with the assistant vice president and the senior vice president of the traction department.
    It was a phone interview, but the fact that it was with the head of department was nerve wrecking. They talked about the company for 10 mins and talked about the position and job. In my opinion it went very well, but they barely asked me anything. They asked me to talk about my projects at school since those were more relevant to the job requirements. I was hoping they asked me more questions about my work experience or basic interview questions.
    The interviewer told me that someone will get back to me by the end of the week definitely after they discussed it over and from the tone they seemed very positive. But no one contacted me and I ended up emailing after two weeks for updates and the recruiter emailed me back saying they are moving forward with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• talk about your school projects, where do you see your self in your career, tell a little about self.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WSP in September 2017.

Interview

I applied Online. Process took few days. I received call form HR to schedule Skype interview with assistant vice president and president of rail and transit. On the day of interview they went over my resume and explained role of Assistant engineer very well. They were really polite and wants you to understand how the role is defined. Received call from HR within week offering me the position.

Assistant Engineer (Environmental Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSP (Herndon, VA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted 2 weeks later for a phone interview. A week after the phone interview, was invited for an in-person interview. Interviewed separately with 5 people and then was taken to lunch by 2 employees that were at about the same level as me. Was asked to provide a short writing sample after lunch. Everyone was incredibly friendly and down-to-earth. Process was very professional and they maintained communication throughout. Received an offer a little over a week after the in-person interview.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WSP (Coral Gables, FL (US)).

Interview

Very anti-climatic. I stepped in and the Senior Vice President read my resume out swiftly, then asked if I had any questions. The interview lasted 4-5 mins at most. The interviewer seemed extremely checked out and not interested, nor did they discuss the position at all. It felt like they had already selected someone else and were only going through the motions with me just "because." It was a waste of time.

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked aside from "do you have any questions?"   Answer Question

Civil Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSP (Baltimore, MD (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Recieved an email requesting a phone interview. The interview was very casual. I spoke to the engineer coordinating the interns. Then I spoke with the engineer in the department I would be working in. We discussed previous jobs, why I wanted the position and what I expected from it.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSP (Lancaster, PA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview. Asked an appropriate amount of questions. Make sure that you have questions for them as well. Very light conversation and wont ask you intimidating questions. Very easy to get along with.

Interview Questions

• If you could chose any other career what would it be?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.