WSP Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

WSP Interview Questions

Updated 8 Feb 2018

2.7

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WSP (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Very laid back campus recruiting followed by a 2 day on site interview in San Francisco. The campus recruiting was done by the lead of the Mechanical Engineering department. The onsite interview was done by 4 different groups lasting about an hour each. The questions were quite simple and were more to see if you would get along with the group of employees already working in the office.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you failed and how did you go back and fix your error?   Answer Question

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Pre-interview with the section manager, pretty informal, and also very professional. Mainly the interview is about the potential job openings, so they just want to have some basic understanding of the candidates.

Associate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (Cleveland, OH (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Very laid back with not many questions about related coursework, but relative experience with previous internships. Multiple employees sat in the interview which seemed overwhelming at first, but they were very nice people.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WSP in October 2017.

Interview

I applied Monday and got a call from HR that Friday to schedule for an interview the same day. The next week I got a call from HR saying they were considering an offer. The following week, I got a call from HR again saying my offer would come in soon. I got my offer letter along with company benefits/employee manual the next day.

Entry Level Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WSP (Lawrence, KS (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

This was an on campus interview with a few representatives from the company after the career fair. It was very laid back, more of a conversation as opposed to a formal interview.

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WSP (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

During a disaster deployment if you apply they will call you. You must be ready to drop everything and travel to an on-boarding site. there you will be given paperwork to fill out, direct deposit forms (have a cancelled check with you), direct deposit info for your bank, two forms of government issued ID, information of your past for a detailed and multi-day background check. A fingerprint session will be carried out a government facility. Have enough cash to sustain you for at least 3 weeks in a disaster area before they reimburse you.

Interview Questions

• No real questions except cannot have a criminal background. It is under most of the government hiring guidelines as a government contractor.   Answer Question

Assistant Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WSP in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter asking for a date to fix a conference phone interview with the assistant vice president and the senior vice president of the traction department.
    It was a phone interview, but the fact that it was with the head of department was nerve wrecking. They talked about the company for 10 mins and talked about the position and job. In my opinion it went very well, but they barely asked me anything. They asked me to talk about my projects at school since those were more relevant to the job requirements. I was hoping they asked me more questions about my work experience or basic interview questions.
    The interviewer told me that someone will get back to me by the end of the week definitely after they discussed it over and from the tone they seemed very positive. But no one contacted me and I ended up emailing after two weeks for updates and the recruiter emailed me back saying they are moving forward with other applicants.

Interview Questions

• talk about your school projects, where do you see your self in your career, tell a little about self.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WSP in September 2017.

Interview

I applied Online. Process took few days. I received call form HR to schedule Skype interview with assistant vice president and president of rail and transit. On the day of interview they went over my resume and explained role of Assistant engineer very well. They were really polite and wants you to understand how the role is defined. Received call from HR within week offering me the position.

Assistant Engineer (Environmental Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WSP (Herndon, VA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted 2 weeks later for a phone interview. A week after the phone interview, was invited for an in-person interview. Interviewed separately with 5 people and then was taken to lunch by 2 employees that were at about the same level as me. Was asked to provide a short writing sample after lunch. Everyone was incredibly friendly and down-to-earth. Process was very professional and they maintained communication throughout. Received an offer a little over a week after the in-person interview.

Project Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WSP (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by the direct superior. The interview took about 20 minutes. The supervisor asked me questions about my background, future career goals, and she explained what was required for me to successfully execute my tasks as an intern.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.