Watlow Electric Manufacturing Interview Questions

Updated 12 Jan 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 24 of over 24 interviews

Recruitment Agency14%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Watlow Electric Manufacturing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (San Jose, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

Initially the interview was supposed to be a phone interview and then the recruiter asked me to do a video interview on the day of the interview. I did not receive the invitation, so I joined the call. The interviewers asked me to join a video call and I was not prepared for that because I had not planned accordingly.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly behavioral questions. Some technical questions.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hannibal, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (Hannibal, MO) in May 2018

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screening, a phone interview, and finally an in-person interview. There were no really difficult questions or anything to be surprised about. The process took me approximately 1.5 months.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (Richmond, IL) in Jan 2018

Interview

The whole interview process consisted of the following: 1) A 30-45 min. phone interview with the former Supply Chain Manager 2) 3- 2 member team interviews ~1 hour each in person at the Richmond facility 3) Online assessments ~3-4 hours of work through a 3rd Party website 4) A phone interview with a 3rd Party Consultant 5) A phone interview with the Supply Chain Director which was not able to attend the in-person interviews Each of the interviewers took time to talk about the company, the culture, their specific roles, and allowed ample time for questions. I was very impressed with the team, the culture, and the surprisingly modern and open office which was recently updated.

Interview Questions
  • All questions throughout the process were behavioral based and you were asked to use the STAR method in your responses.
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (Winona, MN) in Mar 2017

Interview

Went to my university's career fair and got an interview by showing enthusiasm and a couple minutes of research on the company's background. I was then invited to an on-campus interview, where they asked standard behavioral (STAR format) questions, which were open-ended and long (3 questions took about 45 minutes as they ask questions off of your answer). After that, I was invited to an on-site "career day" where I and other applicants were interviewed by three teams of two, and took a plant tour as well. The questions and interview were in the same format as the on-campus interview. We were given resources on what areas the questions would focus on (all behavioral). Technical questions might pop up based on your answers, but are very soft if you aren't making anything up. Overall, it was a fairly easy process. The interviewers were all very nice and encouraging, and I was provided with the resources to succeed in the interviews.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where you had to make a decision based on limited information.

Watlow Electric Manufacturing

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing in Feb 2017

Interview

I found out about the company through the career fair at my university. I was asked to have a behavior based interviewer with someone from HR and another rotational engineer. At the begining of the interview, I was allowed to ask the question I had prepared, then they asked their questions. They appeared to be very organized and had a list of questions to ask, but only picked a few of them. After the first round interview, I was flown to one of their plants to have 3 separate interviews as well as receive a plant tour. I heard their decision within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you excelled and did showed off your skill. Then also describe a situation where it wasn't your best work. What was different between the two of them.
2 people found this interview helpful

Watlow Electric Manufacturing

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing

Interview

Behavioral Interview Process that seemed a bit redundant. A number of the same questions just differently worded, but I can understand how this shows past accomplishments...that is what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (Richmond, IL) in Nov 2016

Interview

I approached Watlow at a Job Fair at my college. After speaking to a couple of the engineers, I received a phone call from their HR department about scheduling an on-campus interview. The on-campus interview consisted of two engineers, asking about previous experience. Following the on-campus interview, I was invited to a Career day at their main manufacturing plant in Richmond, IL. The night before Career day, Watlow held a social event at a nearby restaurant, where we could mingle with engineers, HR, and other applicants. Career day consisted of a provided breakfast, a brief introduction and overview, and four rounds of interviewing with behavior-based questions. Each round consisted of two Watlow employees (engineers and/or HR). The day also included a plant tour. The hardest part of the process was the questions themselves. The event itself was well-organized, all arrangements were made by Watlow, and everyone seemed to be happy to be there; a very welcoming environment.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to convince a team member, who was operating on incorrect information.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (Richmond, IL) in Nov 2016

Interview

Watlow had on campus interviews. In my interview they had another engineer from another facility on the phone which was awkward because you don't get the ques that someone is about to say something so we kept interrupting each other. I was asked to attend a plant visit for a career day where there were 4 rounds of interviews with two Watlow employees asking behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time that you were successful in learning a new skill or knowledge and, conversely, describe a time that you had difficulty learning something new.

Watlow Electric Manufacturing

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing

Interview

They contacted me through a school website. Very professional interview, standard interview questions. They had two people there one engineer and one HR person. They wanted you to ask questions first and basically ran through how the interview would work. Overall it was very comfortable and laid back.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had difficulty working in a group.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Watlow Electric Manufacturing (Saint Louis, MO) in Jul 2016

Interview

Met with a HR specialist and a marketing manager. They were very welcoming and made me feel comfortable. They had done their research on me before had and had questions that were specifically designed for me based on my experiences.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Interviews