Weightmans Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Weightmans

2.2

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weightmans (Birmingham, England) in September 2019.

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one was with 2 members of the team and the second one was with another 2. So in total I met with 4 different people.

It was quite relaxed, which is good but I felt like it was far too relaxed and I got the impression that the people who interviewed the second time didn’t really want to be there. Quite poorly organised too, they weren’t prepared and by the impression I got they had forgotten about the interview. The first interview however was the opposite, much better.

Both of the interviews were pretty much exactly the same though, so wasn’t really sure what the point was in having 2 apart from wasting time. Could have just had the one with the main people. I think even if I did get offered the position I would be very hesitant to take it due to the negative vibes I received in the interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weightmans (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

So it was very casual, nothing tedious or nerve-racking to say the least. I was invited into a room to have a lovely chat with Gill Williams (Department Manager) and Christine Allen (solicitor). It started off with Gill Willams briefly explaining the nature of the work and talking more about what the firm is and the department team that I'll be working with. Then Christine Allen further gave insights into what will happen once a candidate is successful (so every successful candidate is to travel to Liverpool - where the HQ is based, all expenses paid for by the firm). It was very relaxed so for any interviewees who are stressing right this minute, don't be. The people as far as I can tell from the firm are very friendly.

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weightmans (Manchester City Centre, England) in January 2017.

Interview

Very happy with my experience, had a brief chat about the role, they got to know me a little bit, asked me the standard interview questions, and then after that I was left in the room for 20 or so minutes to complete a quiz. The quiz itself was fairly straight forward, I've done similar before. It consisted of correcting or identifying incorrect grammar, totting up VAT calculations and disbursements to make sure everything was added correctly, reordering sequences etc.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time when you have had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

23 Mar 2017 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review of your interview experience here at Weightmans. I am pleased to hear that you are very happy with how it went, and hopefully you are now with us and finding that your experience as an employee is equally satisfying.

Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weightmans (Liverpool, England) in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by service delivery manager and service desk team leader, nice laid back guys. Ask you questions surrounding your CV and you past experience. They then move on to around 3-5 scenario based questions like the below. After that there's a competency based assessment where they leave you alone in the room with a laptop for 20 minutes or so and you have to complete 3 tasks, one was a basic AD task, another was a basic info gathering task, last one was resolving a near impossible printer based issue. I think it went fine for me until the practical, 2/3 tasks were easy but the laptop provided was awful and it slowed me down immensely, maybe this was intentional?

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you've had to deal with a difficult user and how you've handled it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you've received criticism and what you did to improve on it?   Answer Question

16 Aug 2016 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review of your interview experience here at Weightmans. I am pleased to hear that you found our interviewers to be pleasant but disappointed that you believe the laptop provided may have hindered your performance in the practical assessments. I shall feed that back to the interviewers.

Solictor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weightmans (London, England) in May 2015.

Interview

Review of CV, face to face interview, discussion with HR,

This was an internal move and therefore the internal process was instigated. The interview would be more in depth and background checks also required in the applicant was an external applicant.

Interview Questions

Weightmans Response

19 Jun 2019 – Recruitment Adviser

Thank you for your review of your interview experience here at Weightmans.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.