Well Pharmacy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Well Pharmacy

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Well Pharmacy (Manchester, England).

Interview

tl;dr: for a digital transformation project, the process was excessive and led by interviewers with little-to-no empathy for the candidate. Avoid.

There were four stages to my application: an informal chat with the agency's recruiter (30 minutes); a chat with the tech lead (30 minutes); a 2-part take-home test (4 hours); and a final interview with said tech lead and an external consultant (2 hours). This makes the total time 7 hours.

A working solution to the first part of the take-home test could definitely be achieved in 2 hours, but building a quality, maintainable solution with unit tests certainly took me longer. If that wasn't enough for a single candidacy, there was a second part in which one had to design the architecture of an analytics platform for pharmacy POS events and write a short document to explain one's choices.

The 2-hour follow-up was excruciating. Although some of the criticism around my backend code was absolutely valid, and something from which I've learned, I was called out on: not writing frontend unit tests (spoiler alert: I _had_ written some, but the interviewer missed them because he wasn't "familiar with the directory structure used"); not writing tests for every unit of the codebase (I would do this if this were a commercial project, but this was for one of many job applications for which I was in the process. How much time do you think I have?!); not understanding a particular concept (I actually gave the right answer, but one of the interviewers opted to talk over me to "correct" me, despite my having said the same thing); not handling edge cases in the data (it turns out they littered their 600-item data set with the odd invalid value; I appreciate this happens from time-to-time in the real world, but tripping someone up like this for a coding challenge is overkill); and having holes in my architecture (covering every potential service in a short timeframe is hard). All of this was laced with impromptu requests to implement new bits of functionality without any real context or further details; if you want me to build additional features then give me a proper spec.

I was fortunate that my first choice of company made me an offer and I thus accepted, but this experience has nonetheless grated on me. I was ultimately told that they were looking for someone who could help scale their architecture and assist with their wider hiring processes; maybe you should look for a _principal_ engineer in that case!

Unsurprisingly, the recruiter told me I was their only candidate who had made it to the final stage, which leads me to conclude that their bar is a touch too high. I appreciate you want good engineers with the appropriate skills, but the best ones are hard to find in a small city, and you're only going to alienate them unless you turn it down _just_ a notch. You're a digital transformation project for a pharmacy, not Google!

Digital Content Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Well Pharmacy (Manchester, England) in June 2020.

Interview

Not very personable. All correspondence from recruitment was sent from a no-reply email address. Interviewers were friendly people and never unreasonable, but no attempt throughout the process to get to know me, and no opportunity given to present my portfolio of work which seemed odd. Just a barrage of questions. Felt like they needed a quick hire.

Trainee Pharmacy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Well Pharmacy (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in March 2020.

Interview

Very immature..generic questions.seemed as though they didn't know what they were talking about..I rang store to enquire about the post, interview lasted 20 mins..got offered the post 2 days later..started 2 weeks after..not much training given..

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you are adapted to work in this environment   1 Answer

Relief Pharmacist Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Well Pharmacy (Bristol, England) in July 2019.

Interview

I uploaded my CV on indeed and was approached by Well's HR. They were very efficient and I had the interview within two weeks. The interview lasted just over an hour and the interviewer was very friendly and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give examples of how I demonstrated different skills.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Well Pharmacy in March 2019.

Interview

An informal interview the interview was a waste of space was more worried about making money than the customers cut corner to maximise going on his phone and not doing a lot

Interview Questions

• Would you be ok to work here for six months then go out on relief   Answer Question

Pharmacy sales assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irlam, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Well Pharmacy (Irlam, England) in August 2018.

Interview

my employer showed me around asked me if i wanted a drink or anything introdused me to the staff theyn were amazing and very nice they sat dowe with me and made sure i was ok

Interview Questions

• how i thought it was like there   1 Answer

Trainee Pharmacy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Well Pharmacy (Cardiff, Wales) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later I was called to go to an interview. The interview itself was competency based with questions about my past working experience. It took about 20 minutes, it was a very positive experience, I felt that the manager was really interested in my answers.

Trainee Healthcare Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Well Pharmacy (Nottingham, England) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied via email and received a call the following day for an interview. The interview process was chilled. The interviewer was also very friendly. Overall, the process was very swift and completed within a week.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Well Pharmacy in October 2016.

Interview

Was given a set of KPI data for a fictitious branch a week beforehand, and asked to show insights into the data, and how I would personally tackle the information given, such as low prescription figures, or high stock wastage. This was to be presented as a written plan, and a 10 minute discussion.

Interview Questions

• What does a low prescription turnover indicate to you, and how would you improve it?   2 Answers

Dispensing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Well Pharmacy (Southampton, England) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on-line on their website. Got a call after a week or so in which I was invited in the pharmacy for the interview in a few days. The manager who interviewed was nice, made me feel welcomed, and not so anxious. The interview took about 30 or 40 minutes with questions about me and my former experience and what would I do in some situations she detailed for me.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.