Wellcome Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Wellcome Trust Interview Questions

Updated 29 May 2018

2.9

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust.

Interview

Straightforward - several interviews with management and team

Negotiation

Not great.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust in November 2011.

Interview

Nice premises and structured format in a form with very little room to fill out. Got a good feel for the company culture when the meeting was delayed significantly due to an impromptu meeting with the department head. Lots of staff movement lately in the organisation and work is international but detailed and principled.

Interview Questions

• What was your weaknesses identified from your first performance review in your career and how have you addressed it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

A Very rude interviewer, sending task assignment without even saying a word. Very unprofessional.
    I strongly encourage you to avoid such companies. Developers feel disrespected when you send an assignment without even saying something about the position, easy to filter but disrespectful.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in July 2015.

Interview

CV and cover letter. Was offered interview within a couple of weeks. Questions were mainly about CV/background and my motivations. The interview was one hour in total and was with both the head of the department and the current Quant. I was expected to ask as many questions, if not more, than they did.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Wellcome Trust?
      Are you applying for jobs on the sell-side as well?   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in January 2011.

Interview

Application deadline for the NIH/WT PhD programme is November -- and if you're offered the scholarship, you'll start in September of the next year.
    There was a ~10-page long application form to fill. Very thorough.
    Once you apply in November, you hear back in November/December if you've been selected for interviews.
    WT headquarters are in London and the interview will be with an intimidating panel (at least 10-15 subject specific experts). Be prepared to answer specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your PhD project   1 Answer

Web Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in July 2013.

Interview

Formal interview with 3 members of management, with questions relating directly to the post and evidencing skills. Then followed by a one to one with someone from HR, asking softer questions about teamwork and attitudes to colleagues. Then a second stage which was a chat with someone higher up.

Interview Questions

• Describe the organisation to someone who's never heard of it.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (Oxford, England).

Interview

Standard online application consisting of supporting statement and CV.

40min panel interview oriented around the nature of the post and my research background. Technical questions were asked based on aspects of the post e.g. knowledge of techniques. Standard common competency questions were additionally asked.

Interview Questions

• How would other people describe you?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about an interesting paper or article that you have recently read   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of how you would convey your research/ aspect of your research to somone with no background in science   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an email telling me I had an interview a week later. The whole process took just under 2 weeks. The interview consisted of a 45-minute task and then a 40-minute panel interview. The interviewers and everyone I spoke to at Wellcome were very polite and friendly. The task was a little tricky but the interview itself was relatively easy.

Postdoctoral Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (Oxford, England) in February 2012.

Interview

It was an internal job application (advertised with the University only) and it took only about 2 weeks from the application deadline to the job offer which is very fast for academia. The interview was only 15 min and very much on the job questions. Easy in my case because I haev a lot of experience with the techniques that were asked for in the job advert. However, anybody with less experience would be able to answer the questions with a little bit of preparation before the interview.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Written application form answering four long questions with about a paragraph of text each. This was followed by an offer of a video interview, for which you had to answer questions to a computer which recorded and relayed your response to the organisation. I was then invited to an assessment centre about a month later. There were about 20 people there on the day, but they ran multiple assessment centres. The centre was well-organised and people were friendly, and they provided detailed feedback afterwards.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.