Wellcome Trust Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 51 of over 51 interviews

Recruiter5%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Wellcome Trust

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust

Interview

This is a place for failed scientists. The panel who interviewed me was quite disorganised. They gave me a task to complete which seemed like they were looking to get quite some piece of work done for free! Such a shame this organisation is going so low. 65K in London equals to less that 40K in the Midlands, not even matching a Post-doc salary.

Interview Questions
  • Prepare a presentation on a related topic.
    Answer Question

Wellcome Trust

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust in Jun 2022

Interview

A rigid competencies based interview conducted online by a panel of three. This leaves no room for "chat" but I guess this makes it a fair process for all applicants. For an organisation that trumpets (loudly) diversity, it was remarkable that the panel members were all an identical age, I'd guess 38. Absolutely zero age diversity but ticking the boxes for a person of colour, a female and a male. Heard nothing in the two weeks after the interview and then, after sending an email, a person from HR rang immediately (coincidence ?) to tell me I wasn't successful. Seriously doubt I would ever have heard further had I not chased. HR person robotically read me three bullets of feedback but it sounded like it was somebody else's ?

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time you had a challenge in leading somebody, what happened and what was the outcome.

Wellcome Trust

Application

I interviewed at Wellcome Trust

Interview

1 human resource screening call follow by 1 one-hour panel interview with a mix of competency based and situational questions tailored to the role and job description. The interview lasted for one hour.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Why do you want to work for Wellcome? Tell us about a time where you...

Wellcome Trust

Application

I interviewed at Wellcome Trust

Interview

Interviewed for two separate positions. One of which placed D&I over ability to actually take on role. Whilst I understand the importance of D&I in order to ensure the mix to work well together, more emphasis was made on this than pretty much anything else during interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Can you provide us with a detailed example of when you have in a situation that placed you in a position to respond to

Wellcome Trust

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust in Apr 2022

Interview

Telephone screen and then a competency based interview with two interviewers. It would have proceeded to a 3rd stage. The telephone screen was really positive and the interviewer was very friendly whilst maintaining a level of professionalism. She gave me a good feel for the organisation and I thought it sounded like a good place to work. The 2nd stage competency interview felt like l was interviewing for a completely different company. There were two interviewers with one whom I found to be particularly abrupt and unfriendly. Whilst I totally agree with competency interviews I believe these can be run with a level of engagement, friendliness and create an environment where people would like to come and work there. I would have left the interview in the first 15 minutes and found myself becoming more disengaged as it went on with the aim to just get through it. Sadly I definitely did not want to work there at the end of it. The talent team did call after the interview to ask for feedback which I felt was a positive.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a difficult case/situation you have managed and your role within this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England)

Interview

First interview was scheduled and went well, asked a range of questions and felt fairly assessed. After this didn't hear from them for 2 months, at which point they contacted me to ask if I had attended the first interview. Heard nothing since, I'm guessing I was unsuccessful.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in Feb 2022

Interview

Phase one was application with role-specific questions, CV and motivation letter. Phase two 1.5 hours interview including presentation on a topic assigned, behaviour-based questions with STAR system answer, some role-specific, some general from your background

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with two pieces of conflicting information?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in Nov 2021

Interview

Filled in a question-based online application form followed by virtual interview with the Lead, the Senior Manager, and an Advisor. Competency and experiential knowledge questions specific to the role description.

Interview Questions
  • What problems do you think you might face in a role like this? What considerations are required to mitigate those circumstances?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in Oct 2021

Interview

I had an interview with two Internal Audit Managers with competency-based questions. In the second round, I had to solve a case study. My final round was an interview/discussion with the Head of Internal Audit around the expectations both me and the team had towards the role I had applied for.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me an example when you had to deal with a difficult stakeholder.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England)

Interview

Standard interview and task. Nice people put me at ease. Interview task was to plan a campaign - they asked me to present for ten minutes. Offices are very impressive and good place to wokr

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time where something hasn't gone right and what you did to fix it
Viewing 1 - 10 of 51 Interviews

Wellcome Trust Interviews FAQs

Common stages of the interview process at Wellcome Trust according to 50 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 31.15%