Wellcome Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Wellcome Trust Interview Questions

Interviews at Wellcome Trust

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Assessment centre :
    -split into 4 sections :written task , presentation , group task, one on one interview
    -The staff were all extremely friendly
    - no extra time for dyslexia for the group task in reading and prepping your ideas to others, 5 mins wasn't enough time for me with dyslexia to read instructions and additional material we had to use and then prep how I was going to pitch to others
    -Apart from that all other tasks were well run and considerate of additional requirements

Interview Questions

• You were interviewed one on one by someone high up in Wellcome.
      It wasn't really an interview as such but more an opportunity to explain your story and why you would be well suited for Wellcome and your motivations   Answer Question

Investments Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust in November 2019.

Interview

Application form including questions regarding the scheme, your skills and topical current affairs / investment Qs. Not too onerous, and somewhat interesting.

Video interview - 5 Qs (I think). Didn't go well and I knew I wouldn't be invited to the AC.

After being offered feedback without requesting, I politely accepted the recruiter's offer. The best part of 2 months later, however, I have not received any response. A basic level of respect for candidates who have invested time in the process certainly wouldn't go amiss Wellcome !

Interview Questions

• How I would value Airbnb, and the risks / opportunities of investing in such sectors.   Answer Question

Internal Communications and Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

Telephone interview first, then a timed skills test in which you had to review a piece of comms and provide suggestions for improvement.

The face to face part was two back to back 1hr panel interviews with two groups of employees. Questions mostly on competency questions (e.g explain a time you did X to overcome Y).

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult decision you’ve made that goes against your manager’s wishes?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time something wasn’t going to plan and you made a decision that changed it   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you changed the mind of a senior manager   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you worked in a challenging team environment   Answer Question
    • What areas of improvement have previously been identified in an appraisal with your manager   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust.

Interview

Clear communication, got through first round test and completed video interview. Tests include writing on a cause you would like to work on at wellcome and how wellcome will help, you will be asked to talk in more detail about this at the video interview stage.

Interview Questions

• In the video interview you will be asked to ask questions   1 Answer

Wellcome Trust Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust.

Interview

In the email they sent describing the interview process, they pretty much sum up the questions they will ask you. Everything is made available to you, so just take advantage of that. Also look out for questions used previously as they tend to arise.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the news story you would promote to wellcome and how would you go about engaging the public   Answer Question

Strategic Programmes Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

A really ill-managed and disappointing interview experience.

Applied online and was invited to interview with instructions to prepare a presentation around a specific project. Searched everywhere online and found no information for this project so emailed them and asked if it was made up. they replied back just two days before the interview saying

"it refers to a project we are scoping so there isn’t detail yet available on the website"

I then asked her to send me information on it so I could prepare my presentation, which she did do so without apology or acknowledgement that a task was set for a candidate that would have been impossible without this missing information. A critical oversight on their part.

Another issue was that they removed the job description from their website right after the deadline. This meant that I was forced to prepare based on my memory of what was in it and where I had, thankfully, copied and pasted some parts on to a document when I was applying.

The interview itself was over an hour long. Questions were difficult but more or less what I expected. After the interview however I heard nothing for two weeks, despite being told that I would be informed of a decision in just a few days. Sent a follow up email and got no response. Waited for 2 weeks before eventually, without thinking, logging on to my online portal, where I had submitted my application, and it was there I saw that they had rejected me. No opportunity was provided to me to get feedback. This is probably the worst way I've been informed of an interview outcome.

I'm left with a really bad impression of Wellcome. Though in the media they portray themselves as always looking out for the well being of staff and the general public, they certainly do not adopt best practice when it comes to candidates they interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a public engagement activity that you really liked?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in February 2019.

Interview

written interview, video interview, assessment centre (interviews, group assessment, presentation, written exercise), final interview. Found out about the offer over the phone a few weeks after final interview. Great communication throughout the process, always felt very comfortable

Business Management Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

A long but interesting questionnaire to fill and then the video stage with similar questions. Then an assessment center where you have to group exercises. I struggled at the assessment center as I find them a slightly unnatural environment for interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What have you read recently in the news that interested you and you think the Trust could look into?   Answer Question

General Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust.

Interview

Initial application form followed by a timed situational judgement test and 4 motivational/ competency questions. These are then reviewed before being invited for a video interview, unfortunately I did not make it to the video interview round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England).

Interview

Had to complete an online application with questions and undergo a brief test on competency questions. The application form questions were read in isolation and were only 200 words each. Did not have to attach a CV.

Interview Questions

• They questioned me on one of the application questions which concerned a recent news article that I had read.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.