Wellcome Trust Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 18 Jul 2017

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in July 2017.

Interview

A Very rude interviewer, sending task assignment without even saying a word. Very unprofessional.
    I strongly encourage you to avoid such companies. Developers feel disrespected when you send an assignment without even saying something about the position, easy to filter but disrespectful.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an email telling me I had an interview a week later. The whole process took just under 2 weeks. The interview consisted of a 45-minute task and then a 40-minute panel interview. The interviewers and everyone I spoke to at Wellcome were very polite and friendly. The task was a little tricky but the interview itself was relatively easy.

Portfolio Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust.

Interview

Very disorganised process - forgot to ask me to write the draft document until just before the interview. Two rounds of interviews both over lunch hour.
    Strange questions - never heard a thing afterwards from them let alone offer to cover expenses !

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone had BO in the office !!!???
      How would you deal with someone who had had their application rejected and wouldn't accept the result ?
      What is the most important thing you have ever done ?
      What is important ??   Answer Question

Wellcome Trust Response

21 Dec 2016 – Sr. HRBP

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience but hard to investigate fully without specific details. If you would like to contact the HR or Recruitment team, I will ensure that your experience is... More

Portfolio Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust.

Interview

Applied online and was invited for a first interview less than a week after submitting the application. The first interview took place roughly two weeks after the invite. The interview was with a panel and was fairly typical. I was invited for a second interview soon after, which took place roughly two weeks later. The second interview was with another panel of different people, and different questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your background.
      Why are you interested in this position?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Where do you get your health information and news?
      What's a recent scientific breakthrough that you found interesting?
      How do you evaluate scientific evidence?
      Tell us about a time you had to push forward change that may not have been very popular.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online with cv and cover letter. There's only one interview, it was approximately 40 minutes long in their London office. Asked me why the wellcome trust. Most enjoyable and least enjoyable part of my course. How I handle conflicts in teams.

Research Portfolio Adviser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard. First round of interviews, followed by a second round about a week or two later. The questions are pretty much as expected - why do you want this job, what qualities do you think you will need, etc.
    I made it through to the second round, and then never heard back from them at all after the second interview. I think that's a really horrible way of treating applicants - it takes two seconds to send a 'thanks, but no thanks' email. Given the fact that applicants have to invest a lot of time and effort in the interview process in terms of preparation and taking time off work, it's pretty low to not get back to them at all after two rounds of interviews. Not impressed and wouldn't apply again.

Interview Questions

Wellcome Trust Response

20 Sep 2016 – Sr. HRBP

I am sorry to hear that you have not heard back following your second interview. We normally respond within a couple of days of the interview, however this can be delayed if the second round... More

Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in February 2016.

Interview

Written application form answering four long questions with about a paragraph of text each. This was followed by an offer of a video interview, for which you had to answer questions to a computer which recorded and relayed your response to the organisation. I was then invited to an assessment centre about a month later. There were about 20 people there on the day, but they ran multiple assessment centres. The centre was well-organised and people were friendly, and they provided detailed feedback afterwards.

Finance and Investment Graduate Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online with questions on why I wanted to join the company and that particular role. If you pass the screening you are invited for psychometric and numerical tests. I thought I'd failed the numerical but ended up being invited for a phone interview. In the phone interview they ask again why the company and the specific role you applied for and then ask 3 or 4 competency questions. The competencies listed on the company's website for the role weren't helpful at all since I ended up being asked about different competencies. I can only remember about creativity and research skills. Don't know how the assessment centre is since I got rejected at this point. Overall great experience and the guy who interviewed me was very friendly and made the interview very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to research a topic and how did you go about it. Tell me about a time you had to change a process.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in July 2015.

Interview

CV and cover letter. Was offered interview within a couple of weeks. Questions were mainly about CV/background and my motivations. The interview was one hour in total and was with both the head of the department and the current Quant. I was expected to ask as many questions, if not more, than they did.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Wellcome Trust?
      Are you applying for jobs on the sell-side as well?   Answer Question

Graduate Development Programme- Policy and Funding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wellcome Trust (London, England) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted a cover letter and CV. I then completed online tests including a verbal reasoning test and a logic test. After this I was given a competency based telephone interview. I was subsequently invited to an assessment day at the Wellcome. The day included an interview by two people, online maths test, individual power point presentation (with 1hr preparation time), writing exercise and a group exercise.

Interview Questions

• The telephone interview was competency based. I was asked to provide examples of times where I had demonstrated competencies such as learning and researching, analytical thinking and creative or innovative thinking. The face to face interview on the assessment day was also competency based but less rigid in structure. I was given the opportunity to discuss projects at the Wellcome I found exciting.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.