World Vision USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

World Vision USA Interview Questions

Interviews at World Vision USA

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at World Vision USA (Washington, DC (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

There were 3 interview rounds, pretty standard. Everyone seemed very nice and the process went very well for me. However, when it came to the salary offer they offered me $15k less than what I stated was a minimum, after previously saying they could afford my minimum. It was honestly insulting and they wasted my time. Not only was it $15k less, the benefits were not great. To add more context, this position would have been a managerial role (my previous role was a specialist) with more demanding work...yet they will not pay for that work and expertise. What they offered me was actually less than what I make as a specialist.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to get up to speed and learn quickly in a fast moving environment (especially during COVID-19)?   Answer Question

Director of Segment and Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at World Vision USA (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Recruiter call. Important Note: Unless you are a Christian they will not consider hiring you.

She spent most of the time telling me about the role and what the manager is looking for. Her only two questions for me were 1. What is your salary needs. 2. Are you Christian.

It's required for getting a job here. If you are a Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, etc... you are unwelcome in their organization. Crazy that this level of prejudice is going on. I told her I respect and support all in their religious beliefs, but that isn't enough -- you need to a follower of Jesus.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Vision USA.

Interview

A phone call interview and then a panel interview in the office building with the same person who gave you the phone interview. They also have you do a computer test to see how you would do using something similar to their system.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Vision USA.

Interview

It was a great experience. Interviewed with a panel, and then the process took about 3 weeks, but it was an amazing experience and the questions where also not to hard.

Health Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at World Vision USA in March 2018.

Interview

I applied just as applications were posted, so had to wait a month or so to hear back about an interview. Started with phone screen with recruiter then a few days later I had an interview with former manager.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer
    • What kind of coordinating experience do you have?   1 Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at World Vision USA in December 2017.

Interview

Did a recruitment screen and hiring manager call and a supplemental application where I had to scramble to secure professional & spiritual references . Hiring manager corrected me about how I should be explaining my background in interviews. I regret the time I spent looking for a role at this company.

Project Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at World Vision USA (Federal Way, WA (US)).

Interview

Apparently the recruitment team there gets far more applications than they have jobs avail. They are slow and unresponsive unless you know somebody on the inside. Seems like "recruiting" is the wrong title. Should be "screening" department.

Interview Questions

• Ask if you are a Christian. They won't hire you if you aren't. Even if you are a Christian, note that hey don't hire LGBT, not even Christian ones.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I interviewed at World Vision USA in July 2017.

Interview

Too many interviews, unclear hiring and promotions process, "panel" interviews with non-active/non-adjacent staff members. Frequently the interview process is very long and there is very little sense of urgency on WV's part. Plan to stick it out for a long period of time if you really want the job. Also, actually getting from the phone screen to the in-person interview is a very good sign, it's common to only interview 2-3 candidates for a position.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Tell us about a difficult situation and how you resolved it, tell us about why you are interested in this position, tell us why you would be good at this job. Questions about strategic planning, but very few that allowed any actual productive dialogue on real day to day job function. Many people leave interviews still very unclear on what a particular job actually entails.   1 Answer

Senior Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at World Vision USA (Federal Way, WA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Thorough, thoughtful, great with follow-up. The recruiter was diligent in getting back to me and didn't make promises she couldn't keep. Everyone on the interview panel was well-prepared and asked me extremely thoughtful questions and were open and honest with me when I asked them questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you plan to spend your first 90 days?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at World Vision USA in January 2017.

Interview

A very lengthy five step interview process where you are interviewed by the recruiter, hr, position manager, team, and then finally a skills test. They are extremely thorough and want to have the best possible fit.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.