- Boston, United States
- 1001 to 5000 Employees
- 13 Locations
- Type: Company - Public (SEMR)
- Founded in 2008
- Revenue: Unknown / Non-Applicable
- Software Development
What people are saying about Semrush
Got a burning question about Semrush? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Semrush employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
- Autonomy to do my job without interruption - Lots of people to help you - Friendly, welcoming, and warm culture - Good benefits, good compensation - Ability to choose WFH or Office (depending on position) - International environment, you're exposed to lots of different people from different places - AMAZING team, awesome people, and wonderful environment. At Semrush, I feel trusted to do my job, which is the biggest benefit for me. The people I interact with on a daily basis, both inside and outside of my direct team, are incredibly hard workers who strive to do their best. We collaborate together efficiently while having a great time doing it. Over my career, I worked at several toxic workplaces. It was a nonstop fight for trust and autonomy, let alone sanity. But here, it's the opposite - I've never had to worry about that. Everything I do feels right and appreciated, and I felt like a real part of the team almost immediately. Overall, I feel supported in every way. Do yourself a favor, and work here if you're looking to be appreciated, trusted, and challenged.
As you read in my pros, I don't have anything negative to say. - I'm remote, so my environment is a bit lonely at times (not a huge deal, since I can go into one of our offices as it's nearby) - I work with an international team, so the hours overlap don't always line up perfectly and don't get to see them often (in-person)
- Anonymous Employee in PragueAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
Interview[Remote job] Don’t expect a “blitz interview” or “get a job in 3 clicks” type of ideas.
The entire Interview process is divided into 5 blocks:
First encounter 10-30 min
This stage implies a call from our recruiter. Here we discuss general questions about the company, the job you are applying for, as well as your work experience in more detail. At this stage, we also discuss a test task, if provided.
Technical interview 60-90 min
At this stage, you will talk with our tech experts. Their questions will relate to your knowledge and experience. At the end of the interview, you will have space to ask your questions.
Team interview 60-90 min
At this stage, you will finally meet your future team and colleagues. They will be asking about your approach to work. Also, it is the best time to tell them more about yourself. Finally, you can learn all the details about projects and processes, so that you have a more accurate understanding of what you will be dealing with in this role.
This is probably the most pleasant stage. If everything goes well, you'll get a job offer from Semrush. And then, it is up to you to decide 😉 On average, it takes three to five days for a candidate to move from one stage to another.
At Semrush, Onboarding doesn’t end on Day 1. From the very first moment, your HR will take good care of you. You receive a comprehensive Onboarding checklist for the first months that ensures that you will get every piece of information and support you might need for your work. Your team leader or an assigned mentor will be there to help you make your onboarding at Semrush as smooth as possible.Interview
Past experience, product-management-related questions, and team-management-related questions.Answer Question
See All 166 interviews
Semrush is certified as a Great Place to Work in the United States. 88% of participants voted Semrush as a Great Place to Work in a recent survey sent to all US employees. The survey lasted 3 weeks, and received 160 responses! This is a great win for the company–this award is well-respected and will help us acquire even more quality candidates in the future.
Semrush Acquires Leading Marketing Education Company Traffic Think Tank. With more than 300 hours of content from over 90 industry experts, the TTT Academy is one of the most well-respected resources for digital marketing education in the world. In addition to its extensive content library, TTT offers a members-only expert community on Slack available to help answer questions, serve as a sounding board, and connect with other peers from the global marketing industry. “The acquisition of Traffic Think Tank marks another milestone in Semrush’s commitment to assist marketers at every step of their career journey,” said Andrew Warden, Chief Marketing Officer of Semrush. “Enhancing your brand’s online visibility has never been more important, and we are simply delighted to bring TTT and its incredible content and culture to Semrush.”
Semrush Awards & Accolades
- Great Place to Work Certified, Great Place to Work 2023, Great Place to Work® (GPTW), 2023
- Great Place to Work Certified, USA, Great Place to Work-Certified™, 2022
Popular Careers with Semrush Job Seekers
All answers shown come directly from Semrush Reviews and are not edited or altered.
...Privacy violation ( a former employee left also because he/she wasn’t granted a salary increase and this person was pissed off since he/she became aware of my yearly salary blathered by someone internally!!!) Lack of organisation, toxic aggressive management with zero or low experience as managers, humiliating attitude,no proper training for managers, no proper effective fees, no proper onboarding for new hires (just a google sheet filled with links to read),word harassment, patronising attitude from the management, constant unclarity on projects (you loose you time amending your work constantly with no meaning) , toxic workload, 10 pm requests for changes, presentations and data....
9 September 2023
People Also Ask about Semrush
Employees rate Semrush 4 out of 5 stars based on 274 anonymous reviews on Glassdoor.
Overall, 74% of employees would recommend working at Semrush to a friend. This is based on 274 anonymously submitted reviews on Glassdoor.
48% of job seekers rate their interview experience at Semrush as positive. Candidates give an average difficulty score of 2.7 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty) for their job interview at Semrush.
61% of employees think that Semrush has a positive business outlook. This is based on anonymous employee reviews submitted on Glassdoor.