AO Drivers Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2022

Found 43 of over 72 reviews

2.3
AO Drivers Chief Executive Officer John Roberts (no image)
John Roberts
Pros
  • "The company does daft things for the drivers like give us bottles of water on a morning and free coffee(in 5 reviews)

• "Only thing can be said is you have a job but half the lads there have to take the odd day off to go sign on the dole(in 3 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Average about 35 - 45 drops per day(in 5 reviews)

• "crap(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

recruitment administrator

Apr 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Vibe, Work ethic, Benefits

Cons

not sure there are many cons but maybe sometimes more work is needed to stay busy

2. 5.0

Great company and team

Jan 12, 2022 - Recruitment Administrator in Crewe, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has great culture, everyone is nice and helpful

Cons

I cant think of anything for a con

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Awful

Jan 6, 2021 - Gas Engineer in Potters Bar, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Honestly can’t think of one

Cons

You are not treated well, You are forced to work over time, these people DO NOT care that they have negative affects on your family life.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, we pride ourselves on our positive culture and place huge important on our AO’ers wellbeing and work life balance so I’m disappointed to hear this wasn’t your experience. It’s difficult to comment on specific issues without more details but if you’d like to provide us with more information, we have an independent and confidential whistle-blowing service, available for both current and past employees. The contact number is: 01204 672 601. We’d appreciate the opportunity to look into this further. All the best, AO

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Brilliant job if you don't mind working hard long hours in dangerous conditions for no money!

Dec 20, 2020 - Delivery Driver in Slough, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The occasional tip from a customer.

Cons

Too many to count but i'll highlight a few. The main issue I have had is not getting paid for the overtime I did. I have emailed driver disputes, they take a couple weeks to reply each time and offer no help in getting the money I am rightfully owed and worked harder than I have ever done in my life for! They give you impossibly long runs which causes drivers to speed and be driving for way longer than is safe, but if you cause any damage to the van, or customers property, you pay for it! The management are a bunch of bullies that are rude to all the their staff. No covid safety what so ever, you go into at least 20-30 homes a day, often dirty and with people who have symptoms inside, and at the depot, no one wheres a mask and they all work shoulder to shoulder. Other dangers include walking on an ancient lorry with a platform above that could drop and crush you at any point. I'd be genuinely amazed if no one has died doing this job. All the heavy lifting will cause you back problems in the future. Being self-employed is just a con so they don't have to pay any tax on you and have no obligation to pay you for your overtime. I could go on and on about how awful this company is and how angry I am about how they have treated me and other staff. I have never and am sure I will never work a more horrible job.

6 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, I’m very disappointed to hear of the issues you’ve experienced. I note you posted your feedback on 20th December, has this now been resolved for you through driverdisputes? All the best, AO.

5. 5.0

Brilliant

Nov 7, 2020 - FLT Driver in Crewe, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company easy to access online

Cons

Didn’t really find any tbh

Recruitment Manager

We're so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the Glassdoor community. All the best, AO.

6. 2.0

All take and no give

Nov 12, 2020 - Self Employed Delivery Driver in Croydon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

This could be a really rewarding job if handled properly. Get to meet some really appreciative customers. Flexibility and different routes every shift

Cons

Very poor management with little or no empathy for drivers. Dice all loaded in company favour. Very poor communications and support from office staff.

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review – we’re always looking for ways to improve, so appreciate your feedback. All the best - AO

7. 1.0
      Current Employee

Don't pay all the time to work

Nov 14, 2020 - Van Driver in Luton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not exist in that company

Cons

Have done all the details to work for the company

2 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Manager

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review. We'd love to hear more about your time as an AO Driver so that we might work to improve in the future. However, without any details, we can't comment. I urge you to get in touch so you can tell us more. Thank you again - AO

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awful treatment

Nov 16, 2020 - Delivery Driver in Crewe, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I genuinely can not think of any

Cons

Treated appallingly Customer complaints are dealt with poorly

Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, I’m sorry to hear your personal experience isn’t positive. If there’s something we can investigate for you please email driverdisputes@ao.com with your crew ID and confirm whether you hold a contract with us or whether you contract via a multi crew so that this can be looked into in more detail. Thanks - AO

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Unfriendly

Sep 12, 2020 - Porter in Yaxley, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

For the hours given it’s good pay

Cons

No consistent hours, unfriendly environment, and they find ways to rip off their staff with estimated delivery times. Not sure I could continue working here long.

Recruitment Manager

We're disappointed to hear you’re unhappy. Without more specific details, it's difficult to comment on the particular areas you've raised concerns. If there is a particular situation that you felt was unfairly dealt with, we’d urge you to get in touch in confidence for us to fully investigate for you. Thanks - Expert Logistics

10. 5.0

Multi-crew driver

May 10, 2018 - Delivery Driver in Crewe, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I currently work on a multi-crew basis within expert logistics and have been for just under a year. I left a competertor to work for this company after attending a interview and training day with a multi-crew leader. From my personal experience this company looks after there drivers better than other home delivery companies for example adding on bonuses when earnt to handing out refreshments in the mornings.

Cons

The times we receive our run times of an evening.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 43 Reviews

AO Drivers Reviews FAQs

AO Drivers has an overall rating of 2.3 out of 5, based on over 72 reviews left anonymously by employees. 30% of employees would recommend working at AO Drivers to a friend and 34% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AO Drivers employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AO Drivers. This rating has improved by 10% over the last 12 months.

30% of AO Drivers employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AO Drivers 2.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.4 for culture and values and 2.3 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with AO Drivers Job Seekers