AXA UK Reviews

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 275 of over 291 reviews

4.2
Pros
  • "Great team connections and work life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "Flexible working and good values(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Quite a lot of red tape, but understandable given the industry(in 11 reviews)

• "Big company- can feel like a number(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Respected, Supported, Trusted and Empowered

Jan 20, 2021 - Quality Assurance Specialist in Glasgow, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

In a world where everything is uncertain right now, I couldn't be happier working for AXA UK. The business has really stepped up to help all employees to navigate through these difficult times. They've set up an online well-being hub with lots of useful and practical resources. There's been consistent and informative communication all through the pandemic, from local management level all the way up to board level. Despite a bit of a slow start, AXA UK have made sure that we all have the technology and hardware that we need to work from home effectively too, without having to jump through hoops to get it. Outside of COVID, I think their an excellent employer - fair remuneration, good benefits, excellent access to learning (including putting you through CII qualifications), good ethics/values (socially and as a business), inspiring colleagues (inc managers and leaders) and you're treated as an individual, rather than just a number. I would highly recommend considering AXA UK as your next employer.

Cons

Not really many cons to be honest. Some of the systems and platforms we use are behind the times but there are plans afoot to fix this. Sometime business changes take longer than they should due to red tape, though that's to be expected in big company in a heavily regulated industry.

4 people found this review helpful

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It's really great to read and will be so helpful to those considering working at AXA.

2. 5.0

Great

Oct 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Career progression and culture are great.

Cons

I wouldn't say there are any cons.

AXA UK Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, its great to hear you're enjoying your role at AXA.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

bad compensation plan

Nov 11, 2021 - Claims Specialist in Birmingham, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good culture with great colleagues

Cons

bad compensation plan, resulting in high turnaround and many leaving to join competitors

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

They're good at a few things

Oct 11, 2021 - Workplace Support Administrator in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Extra days holiday and paid leave during pandemic On the whole job security

Cons

Lots of middle management and bureaucracy No one leaves their job there's so many lifers in AXA which means no opportunity to grow Property department is stuck in the 1980s Lots of flag flying and wellbeing champions but no one practices what they preach You are expected to take on tasks that are above your pay grade

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Happy I left

Oct 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

During COVID-19 I didn't have to see my line manager

Cons

My line manager. He was only interested in furthering his own career. He had no clue how to develop a team or how to make them feel included. In my first week he insisted on checking every email I sent out. Why hire someone if you're going to micro manage them?

3 people found this review helpful

AXA UK Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At AXA we look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and recruitment is based on a fair and equal process, both internally and externally. We're always actively working to create a diverse and inclusive environment, because that's what makes AXA a great place to work.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Disingenuous

Sep 15, 2021 - Project Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong board intentions Good people Strong employer brand

Cons

Biased and unfair recruitment processes are rife. People are employed based on how closely they match line manager styles as opposed to genuine recognition of merit or the desire to bring in fresh thinking. Lip service is paid to D&I and the external perception of this is not at all matched internally. Very little progress on race and ethnicity agenda in particular and representation in key teams such as HR and Comms is non existent.

AXA UK Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. At AXA we look for candidates with the right skills and values to join us and recruitment is based on a fair and equal process. We’re proud to be committed to equal opportunities and welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We're always actively working to create a diverse and inclusive environment, because that's what makes AXA a great place to work.

7. 5.0

Great

Aug 7, 2021 - Director in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is at market rate for this type of work.

Cons

Some project managers can make projects overly complicated.

AXA UK Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

8. 5.0

Great company

Aug 6, 2021 - Claims Handler in Redhill, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training, benefits and pay

Cons

Some departments lack growth to progress.

AXA UK Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, it's great to hear you're enjoying your time with us. I would really encourage you talking to your line manager and perhaps your resourcing team about internal opportunities, include any idea's on how you think things can be improved.

9. 5.0

Excellent culture and flexibility

Aug 5, 2021 - Recruiter in Ipswich, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working, Progression opportunities and Employee benefits

Cons

Salary less competitive than other companies

AXA UK Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, its great to hear you're enjoying your time with us. Your feedback on our opportunities for progression is greatly appreciated. Regarding salary, we look at market rates across all roles to try and remain market competitive, whilst providing our extensive Employee Benefits package which you have also kindly provided feedback on.

10. 5.0

Amazing Company

Jul 28, 2021 - Insurance Representative in Derry, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay Amazing staff Helpful and friendly managers

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind

1 person found this review helpful