AXA UK Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.9
AXA UK CEO Claudio Gienal
Claudio Gienal

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Good work life balance and benefits" (in 11 reviews)

• "Great people, excellent benefits package and really fair employee policies" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lots of red tape which causes frustration" (in 6 reviews)

• "Basic career progression available but can feel limited in scope and scale" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A great Employer"

I have been working at AXA UK part-time

Pros

Axa provides excellent career opportunities
    I have always felt trusted and empowered to perform my role
    I have always been fully supported with my development with my professional qualification being paid for by AXA
    I have performed a number of roles for the organisation and think that the more flexible you can be the more opportunities you can explore.

Cons

It is a great employer so many stay with the organisation for a long periods of time this may act s a blocker to others by not providing the space within the organisation to progress.

Advice to Management

With a new CEO employees are looking to understand his priorities and the 5 year plan - communication during this time will be key to ensure all understand the vision and direction of travel and how their role can support this.

4 Jan 2019 – Head of Employer Brand

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review. It's great to hear what you think about working at AXA. We read every comment and take all feedback and advice on board so thanks again.... More

2. "Good"

I have been working at AXA UK part-time

Pros

Good work life balance and benefits

Cons

Bureaucratic, constant restructuring, uninnovative, boring and too many people who have no ideas themselves but shoot down other people's - biggest reason for staff leaving

Advice to Management

Stop the blockers in their tracks

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at AXA UK full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Multiple benefits which make AXA a great place to work.
    The people you work with are amazing and will support you in everything.
    AXA really care about their employees and want to make a difference.
    More recently I feel AXA is beginning to listen to employees and changing for the better.

Cons

Slow at delivering new ideas but as an insurance company we are risk adverse.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow employees, show you care and put them first like our customers.

4 Jan 2019 – Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback. It's vital we hear from our people to ensure we're getting things right! It's great to hear we're on the right track and what we need to do to get even... More

4. "Great benefits package"

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

Pros

Buy up to 5 days holiday
    Amazing life insurance
    Yearly bonuses
    Lots of shop discounts, local and otherwise
    Free bus to and from centre of town every half hour

Cons

Limited parking spaces in car park

18 Dec 2018 – Head of Employer Brand

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your employment in our Tunbridge Wells offices. We really appreciate your comments and honesty.

5. "No plans to leave this great company"

Current Employee - Employer Brand and Professional Qualifications Coordinator in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at AXA UK part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance
    Career Progression
    Competitive salary
    Company Benefits
    The people

Cons

Internal IT system issues can be frustrating.

Can sometimes feel slow paced compared to our competitors when launching new initiatives and offerings. I think it gives impression we are on the back foot of other insurers.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees on the 'front line' who do the job - they know the customer best.

I have experienced fantastic line management, giving me the opportunity to grow professionally and reach both my personal and career goals.

Remain competitive in the market to attract new people and retain our employees . They make AXA succeed.

4 Dec 2018 – Head of Employer Brand

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! Thanks for your honesty around what we could be doing better too - this is all duly noted and will be fed back.

6. "Enjoyable place to work"

Former Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in Basingstoke, England
    Former Employee - IT Service Desk Analyst in Basingstoke, England

I worked at AXA UK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits were good
    Bonus was always appreciated
    Colleagues were generally very similar in mind-set
    Flexible working

Cons

Trying to fit all divisions/businesses into a one-size-fits-all model

Advice to Management

Back-to-the-floor type research/interaction would be useful to engage with some of the pain encountered with new products

8 Jan 2019 – Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - we really appreciate your honest feedback and also your ideas on how we can improve.

7. "They do try, but can still fall short"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cobham, Surrey, South East England, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good and flexible working hours
    Good holiday and array of benefits
    Annual pay review
    Friendly people
    A lot of people try and help push the company forward
    Management try hard to engage with staff
    Good effort towards diversity

Cons

They're trying to solve a lack of empowerment, but it's something I still find in my day to day job. Changes can't be made without upsetting lots of people and there's a few close minded people who get in the way of progress.
    As a software engineer, I hardly write any code. I spent most of my time doing investigations, gathering business requirements, testing or sitting in meetings that are not relevant.
    I struggle to bring anything new to the table as you have to please so many people to have it progress and fight against other priorities.
    In the IT department there's hardly any HR process; we don't have any decent objectives or proper performance reviews. The compliance training within IT (not the training for everyone) is not very well thoughts out and feels like a waste of time.
    There is a lack of recognition for good work.
    In software engineering there is no room for progression unless you want to become a manager as there is no junior or senior roles.
    Also when joining the recruitment process was slow
    Some of the messiest meeting rooms I've come across
    Lack of IT tools to be able to collaborate and work with team members, especially across site.
    There is a feeling of favouritism in the company

Advice to Management

Ensure that everyone in your chain is upholding the AXA values.
    You need to correctly utilise the talent your staff bring, software engineers should be writing code, not gathering requirements or writing tests.
    They should also be empowered to help bring change and development to the company, because we do have the company's best interest.

To HR team - make sure that every department is following the correct processes outlined by yourselves, make sure the AXA values are being upheld by all areas of the business.
    Also take an extended approach to diversity; being diverse in individuals, in the way we think and act, help encourage people to respect other points of view and reduce favoritism between people.

7 Dec 2018 – Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. It really is very helpful for us to hear what we're doing well but also the detail around what need to be improved. Thank you for... More

8. "Great company but too much red tape"

Current Employee - Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Current Employee - Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Room to progress
    Lots of initiatives

Cons

Too much red tape
    Too risk averse

Advice to Management

Add some personality in to the brand as AXA have a great basis

3 Dec 2018 – HR Transformation & Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Your feedback helps us to reflect, change and it helps support the business’ continuous improvement plans.

It’s really nice to read that you view... More

9. "Good if you have the right face"

Current Employee - Strategy Manager
    Current Employee - Strategy Manager

I have been working at AXA UK full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Potential to grow fast in the organisation

Cons

But very political, and now motivated on costs which will impact employees and quality

Advice to Management

Inclusive mindset is key

3 Dec 2018 – HR Transformation & Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It is fantastic to read that you view the opportunity for fast progression as a positive for working at AXA.

Our business is constantly evolving to... More

10. "Flexible and future facing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible working is encouraged, great work/ life balance, understanding managers, good benefits

Cons

Can be slow moving with progress limited by needless bureaucracy and control from AXA group in Paris.

Advice to Management

Restructure, centralise under one set of management. IT should be brought in house and refocused on the businesses needs, not making profit for AGS. Believe and live your AXA Values especially ONE AXA - which is not followed at all the business lines are very silo'd.

29 Nov 2018 – HR Transformation & Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts with us. It is fantastic to read that you have a good relationship with your local management team and value what we can offer... More