AXA UK Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2021

Found 263 of over 276 reviews

4.2
Pros
  • "Great team connections and work life balance(in 29 reviews)

• "Flexible working and good values(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Quite a lot of red tape, but understandable given the industry(in 11 reviews)

• "Big company- can feel like a number(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years
      Featured Review

Respected, Supported, Trusted and Empowered

Jan 20, 2021 - Quality Assurance Specialist in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

In a world where everything is uncertain right now, I couldn't be happier working for AXA UK. The business has really stepped up to help all employees to navigate through these difficult times. They've set up an online well-being hub with lots of useful and practical resources. There's been consistent and informative communication all through the pandemic, from local management level all the way up to board level. Despite a bit of a slow start, AXA UK have made sure that we all have the technology and hardware that we need to work from home effectively too, without having to jump through hoops to get it. Outside of COVID, I think their an excellent employer - fair remuneration, good benefits, excellent access to learning (including putting you through CII qualifications), good ethics/values (socially and as a business), inspiring colleagues (inc managers and leaders) and you're treated as an individual, rather than just a number. I would highly recommend considering AXA UK as your next employer.

Cons

Not really many cons to be honest. Some of the systems and platforms we use are behind the times but there are plans afoot to fix this. Sometime business changes take longer than they should due to red tape, though that's to be expected in big company in a heavily regulated industry.

3 people found this review helpful

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It's really great to read and will be so helpful to those considering working at AXA.

2. 5.0

People focused

Jul 15, 2021 - Team Leader in Ipswich, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Family friendly People focused Development plans

Cons

I can’t think of any

AXA UK Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, its great to hear you're enjoying your time with us. Your comments are really helpful to those considering AXA as a future employer.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Wonderful company with bad spots

Jun 10, 2021 - UK Service Manager in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall a very people focussed company given its size. Supportive and generous HR policies. Until the last few years I have enjoyed every minute of working for AXA and generally can highly recommend it. Salaries are not always the highest but are good enough.

Cons

Still some areas where the cited AXA leadership dimensions are not displayed. Lack of investment in resource and tech to enable work to be delivered. I recently left for the sake of my mental health because the department I worked in after a reorganisation became under funded and managed by bullies with a culture that didn't sit with my values. Major projects are expected to be delivered by BAU staff. Managers became less empowered to manage their own areas despite empowerment being a buzz word bandied around frequently. People are pulled off their normal roles to do other work leaving gaps in service provision to the detriment of the business they are trying to support. Decisions are made based on what looks good and bias rather than what the business needs. High number of employees off with stress. I wouldn't currently recommend the area I worked in as somewhere good to work but this does not apply to AXA generally.

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you very much for leaving such a comprehensive review. Your comments have been fed back.

4. 5.0

Great Company

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Schemes Underwriter in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Been brilliant to work for

Cons

No Cons that I can speak off

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Solid Business & Great People

Jul 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment, benefits and people

Cons

Turf wars between some areas of the business

AXA UK Response

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your time with AXA.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee

Axa

May 17, 2021 - IT Director in Bristol, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent company with great opportunities for growth

Cons

None that I can think of

Head of Employer Brand

Thanks for taking the time to leave some details for those considering a career at AXA.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Overall a good company to work for

Jun 2, 2021 - Business Analyst in Bolton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good bonus/benefits scheme - Potential development opportunities - Flexible working

Cons

- Poor decision making at leadership level - IT equipment not fit for purpose - Poor communication to employees - Finances often spent in the wrong areas

Head of Employer Brand

Thanks for your review. Regarding your comments the IT hardware is having a huge overhaul at the moment with new kits being provided for nearly all staff. Please keep your manager informed if you have any thoughts on this subject. Remember that we have quarterly employee surveys you can put your thoughts and comments in if you feel changes need to be made. Thanks again for taking the time to write your review.

8. 3.0

Jun 11, 2021 - Insurance Underwriter in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bonus scheme, Holiday, Central location

Cons

Culture, Pay, Inconsistent, Career path/progression

Head of Employer Brand

Thanks for your review. Please do feed back to your line manager or via our quarterly internal employee survey ways you think things can be improved.

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Axa

Apr 26, 2021 - Insurance Agent in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good staff support Training is good Benefits are very good Good opportunitys

Cons

Nothing very well run company

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Trusted Company and Proud to be an AXA employee

Aug 11, 2020 - Physical Security Manager in Bolton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

AXA is very passionate about their people and delivers a great service to our customers. The company provides many benefits to suit all employees, there is passion within the company to ensure employees receive the best support in what they do and what they want to achieve. I love working for AXA, I have been here for over 18 years and I have progressed in a great positions within in different functions of the business. This is down to the fact the management/colleagues within AXA provide the commitment to push you forward with your development and make you feel comfortable in whatever decision you make. AXA have many other support functions for all employees that will suit them and there are great opportunities to become successful in a career here in AXA. We are global company and when I see our brand name on advertisements and products it makes me proud to know I am part of this company. Being a branded name for a training kit for the most successful football club in the world says it all.

Cons

Many of our external products have not suited me in the past, but there are internal services and products which are great but, could look to have some improvements going forward.

Head of Employer Brand

Thank you taking the time to write such a lovely review. It's great to hear how much you love working for AXA and everything that's offered here. Thanks again - lovely to read your words!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 263 Reviews