AXA UK Reviews

4.3
AXA UK CEO Claudio Gienal
Claudio Gienal
Pros
Cons
  • "Challenges of a big corporate, slow tied down in red tape occasionally, had some really awful managers but nothing you can do about it(in 8 reviews)

• "Currently no direction from senior management(in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Claims Technical Services"

Current Employee - Surveyor in Exeter, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have worked for AXA for 7 months now, I feel as though I've been here for years. I feel privileged to be part of AXA, and have been made to feel welcome, supported and valued. Although not personally affected, I am incredibly impressed with the support AXA in general and respective line managers look after all of their employees above and beyond anything I've experienced or seen anywhere else.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything adverse to date.

June 4, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you so much for you review. It's great to hear your're really enjoying your time with us. Long may that continue!

2. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Underwriter in London, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Very supportive employer - Friendly staff and made to feel very welcome - Good office facilities along with flexible working

Cons

- Large corporation, red tape - Difficult to encourage change at times

Continue reading
  3. "Great company that genuinely cares"

Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

AXA really do care about it's customer and it's people!

Cons

As part of a global organisation, it can sometimes feel too big

4. "A brilliant first 6 months"

Current Employee - Digital Learning Designer in Norwich, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Strong sense of community within teams, coupled with cross-departmental collaboration - Small-company-like benefits in terms of flexibility and team vibe, along with all the benefits of working for a larger organisation (generous holiday, competitive pay, schemes and perks) - Truly care about their employees wellbeing, the effort I've seen here is more than in any other company I've worked for - Investment in personal and professional development - opportunities for growth and movement across business areas - Working towards being more agile and digital - Given autonomy and trusted to crack on, but support is available if you need it

Cons

- Can take a while to get your head around all the different business areas (I'm still not there yet) - In terms of IT, there's a lot of different systems/processes to get your head around (which sometimes differ between business unit/location) and it can be difficult to navigate the information to find what you need - As with all large companies, it can be difficult and time consuming to implement real change at scale

5. COVID-19

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Telephone Counsellor in Eastbourne, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

AXA provides a friendly place to work which is even more important if you solely work from home. It has a great benefits package, I genuinely feel looked after and supported. I experienced first hand how AXA provide working parents with a great deal of flexibility and promote a healthy work life balance. Also the response mounted during the Covid-19 pandemic has been incredible, getting 90% of the work force working from home relatively easily was very impressive. Lastly open and honest communication from CEO and board of management promotes a culture of transparency and high morale.

Cons

Salary could be slightly higher, but the overall package more than compensates for this.

6. COVID-19

"Nothing but positive"

Current Employee - Personal Advisor in Royal Tunbridge Wells, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time

Pros

Worked here for 9 months now nothing but support and positivity throughout my time, especially throughout the COVID-19 situation and allowing working from home where possible

Cons

nothing comes to mind that's negative

7. "Great Investment team"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Clever People to work with - Private /pro life balance

Cons

- Low pay - Too hierarchal

8. "Highly Recommend"

Current Employee - Campaign Manager

I have been working at AXA UK full-time

Pros

Wonderful management, brilliant benefits & a great work life balance

Cons

The salary is not very competitive.

June 4, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you for writing a review for us. Every review add so much value to those who are deciding whether to work with us.

9. COVID-19

"Great to be part of the AXA team"

Current Employee - Marketing Campaign Manager in London, England

I have been working at AXA UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

AXA are an employer that really value each individual and make them feel welcome and part of the greater cause. As a newbie to the Insurance/Finance industry, the transition has been really easy, not challenging at all and that's mainly down to the Managers and my colleagues. A great team, that's honest, friendly and progressive. The support received during the Covid-19 pandemic has also been unimaginable, AXA have gone above and beyond to keep employers happy, ensuring everyone's health and well-being was priority and showing great support to those who have families. As a parent, they are a great employer that give working parents flexibility in all aspects and also understand the importance of work-home life balance. Lastly, great employer package with bonus and benefits.

Cons

Marketing salary within the company needs to be reviewed, not quite the benchmark compared to other industries

June 4, 2020Head of Employer Brand

Thank you very much for writing your review. Obviously the current covid-19 situation has been difficult for everyone and I'm so pleased to hear that you feel we've taken the right approach. Regarding your comment about salaries, our reward team review salaries frequently and although we may, in some areas, be a little below benchmark our total rewards financial package is seen as very favourable in the market and also with our employees.

10. "The worst time of my life"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at AXA UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros for working here, this was the worst 2 years of my life

Cons

Culture is zero, no training, no support, extremely hierarchical company

Found 193 reviews