Advanced Legal Systems Reviews

Updated 7 Jul 2020

2.7
Advanced Legal Systems CEO Scott Randall (no image)
Scott Randall

"BDM Role"

Business Development Manager

I worked at Advanced Legal Systems for more than a year

Pros

nice collegues crazy expense policy they pay fro lunch!

Cons

Managment no direction poor product development - just lost their Director of development core product behind the curve regarding PCMS

Continue reading

"Everybody wants change, as long as they don't have to do anything differently"

Former Employee - Director of Professional Services

I worked at Advanced Legal Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The work is meaningful, and you can see the direct impact of your contributions. Senior leadership is sincerely well-intentioned, especially with benefits.

Cons

There is no work/life balance. Entry-level techs expected to spend more than half their time on the road at below-market pay. Billable utilization expectations are ridiculous, leaving no time for professional development or anything else. Every suggestion for improvement met with some variation of "we tried that once, and it failed" The cycle of broken agreements and promises is never-ending. No growth in 20+ years in business Shareholder benefit is meaningless even without the increase in value as your voice is ignored

Advanced Legal Systems Response

July 2, 2020VP of Service, Operations and HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We value your input, strive to learn from it and are truly sorry about your experience at Advanced Legal. We appreciate that you valued the work and its impact on you as well as the efforts senior leadership has put towards employee benefits. We've identified some of the same opportunities you listed and I'm happy to let you know that we’ve made many changes over the last 12 months. Travel has been reduced as we optimized our systems for remote assistance, billable time requirements have been reduced and restructured and team building activities and group workshops have been added. We have also implemented a better defined employee career pathing program where employees are rewarded when achieving quarterly certifications and professional development courses paid for by Advanced Legal. The leadership team has worked effortlessly to restructure the business, streamline processes and deliberately refrained from growth until our rebuilt foundation was firmly in place. We are now beginning to carefully ramp up our sales efforts, with all processes falling into place, and look forward for growth in the last half of 2020 and 2021. Our goal is for Advanced Legal to be the best company with our strong set of core values and company culture as only when this goal is achieved can we provide the highest level of services to our clients. I want to thank you again for sharing your feedback with us so that we can incorporate it as we always strive to be better.

"Set Up for Failure- Beware"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Data Analyst in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Advanced Legal Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent Pay Small Office Quiet working envrionment

Cons

Health Insurance costs are VERY high! My job description didn't match the actual job functions at all. UN-focused, judgemental "Leadership Team." Judgemental CEO

Advanced Legal Systems Response

August 18, 2020VP of Service, Operations and HR

Here at Advanced Legal Systems we value every review and consider it an opportunity to grow. Unfortunately this review is based on 3 weeks of employment with our company. We also determined during that time that the skill set of the candidate did not match the job requirements. Under normal circumstances, our team goes through personalized training and development plans tailored to their individual areas of opportunity. That assessment is done after 30 - 60 days where the employee and the supervisor develop a custom action plan. Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, our company had to make the difficult decision of downsizing our team and we didn’t have the opportunity to follow our normal training directives. At Advanced Legal Systems, we strive to have positive communication and support for our team from the smallest tasks to the largest projects. Through this process, we ensure that our most valuable asset, our people, are set up for success and armed with the tools and knowledge needed to perform their job with excellence. We will continue to improve our processes in preparation for future growth to ensure prospect hires feel supported.

"Building cool tech"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Advanced Legal Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is highly innovative and the technology is top of the line. As a practitioner in the computer sciences I have direct access to the latest in cutting-edge hardware from mobile, to desktops, to the building blocks of the Esoteric Cloud. I think having the massive power of a full cloud desktop on any device is just cool. This place is defiantly for anyone looking to build and deliver advanced solutions. I have enjoyed learning new ways of getting the job done while taking on new challenges daily. Nobly, the heart of this organization strives to provide technological calm to its customers. The best part is everyone has direct access to the company’s president.

Cons

I only have a few cons: This company is not for anyone Just looking for a 9-5 job. The hours are long, and challenging. Vegas can be unbearably hot. Not enough Linux systems. The train next to the office is disruptive and the sounds can be scary. The Vegas Knights only made it to the Stanley Cup, bummer. I don’t like the planes flying over the office, also scary! Can’t always finish eating the elephant in one day. They make me think and fix broken stuff. And why didn't they tell me that tech was so hard!

Continue reading

""NOT FOR THE AMBITIOUS""

1.0

I have been working at Advanced Legal Systems full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

" A fairly decent group of team members in the Las Vegas office.

Cons

'NOT FOR THE AMBITIOUS OR INNOVATIVE" Constant push back from Senior Management, both in Las Vegas and Portland, who are uncomfortable outside of their capacity. There is a LACK of VISION and FOCUS amongst the executives at Advanced Legal and Advanced Legal Systems.

Continue reading

"Great Place To Work With Lots OF Opportunities To Grow"

5.0
    Current Employee - Vice President of Operations in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Advanced Legal Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You can make your role what you want it to be. The company is very open to suggestions to help make us run more efficiently. Flexibility in hours is a huge plus for me having 2 kids grow up while I've been here. We do fun quarterly events. We keep up on technology so I get to have fun gadgets if I want. All the people within the company are like family. We have amazing benefits for being a small company. You can also be a shareholder and help make company decisions. CEO is always willing hear what you have to say and is hands on within the company. They encourage you to keep up with certifications for your role and pay for it. All our business has been largely through word of mouth which in incredible.

Cons

It is hard to find good people to hire because the industry we serve is unique to meet all qualifications. Wish the Portland & Vegas team could meet face to face more often but I know it's difficult with clients demands.

"Opportunity for growth on the horizon"

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Portland, OR

I have been working at Advanced Legal Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance is important to me and one of the biggest benefits of working for this company. Travel is also an option as we work with national clients. Great people to work with and almost everyone at the company (exception of 2 individuals that are recent hires) have been with the company for more than two years and half of us have been with company for more than 8 years. For a small company these are pretty good retention rates. In a small company, each individual has the option of being heard and making changes that directly impact the business. Employees get great benefits for themselves and option to be a Shareholder in the company.

Cons

As one of the individuals not located in the Las Vegas, NV headquarters, it is a challenge to feel connected to the team. The benefit of being able to make an impact on the company as an individual can often be a detriment to the company if an individual is not a team player. Every person plays a vital role in a small company and has to wear many hats, often causing prioritization problems. Benefits for family are cost prohibitive.

Continue reading

"Company with so much potential. Just loses focus too easily"

Former Employee - Consultant in Portland, OR
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Advanced Legal Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Like any consulting/integrator organization in technology you have the opportunity to work on many different projects and gain lots of experience. Ability to make own schedule as long as you stay focused on client goals.

Cons

Unqualified dead weight. Top to bottom. Some incredibly nice people to work with but they don't really have a clue how to run a business, how to work in a business or little alone a tech business. Too slow to change. Expected to have 40 hours of client focus work a week. That leaves no time for continuing education or focus to obtaining new skills.

Continue reading
  9. "Diverse work with diverse clients, intricate projects, flexibility with working hours and locations"

I worked at Advanced Legal Systems

Pros

Ability to work with national clients, travel, working from home, diverse work to create your own position

Cons

Decentralized makes it difficult to focus and collaborate with other employees.

"Business concept is viable, but weak management leads to failed delivery of contracted services."

Senior Systems Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at Advanced Legal Systems

Pros

Geek Nirvana: Raise your hand and be assigned a project lead role in lots of cutting edge technologies.

Cons

NO company provided traning or education despite promises to the contrary. Pay for training on new technologies on your own dime and on your own time. As a result the company expects a 55-hour work week and avoids paying you overtime for such by making you a salaried employee. Typical salary is $45 K and if you have a family you will pay about $1000.00/mo. out of pocket for medical insurance. Promised vacation time never pans out.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.