Amplify Trading Reviews

Updated Oct 10, 2021

Found 36 of over 131 reviews

4.7
Amplify Trading Founders Will de Lucy and Piers Curran (no image)
Will de Lucy and Piers Curran
Pros
  • "Knowledgeable about all aspects of the financial markets(in 21 reviews)

• "Some quality simulations through their platform(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some simulations still under development(in 4 reviews)

• "Coffee machine should be definitely replaced(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Finance

83 Comments

Finance

7.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Amplify Trading~327107
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Good Experience

Sep 20, 2020 - Campus Ambassador in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Reasonable commission-based rewards and get involved in the campus activities

Cons

Cannot think about any right now

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Don't believe on their false promises

Sep 29, 2020 - Administrative in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They can ruin your confidence

Cons

Company got no funds to pay you salary, sacked so many capable employees very recently

Continue reading
      1 person found this review helpful

CEO

We would very much like to contact you and discuss this review as we take all feedback very seriously. We have just doubled our workforce since the onset of the pandemic and are just about to launch a new business division so we would like to get the details regarding your comment. Members of the team are in the office periodically throughout the week, if you would like to book an appointment to speak with us directly then we would be more than happy to meet in person. Best wishes, The Amplify Trading Team

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Mar 9, 2020 - Junior Trader
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of learning Great performance review

Cons

no cons really very satisfied with the experience

4. 5.0

In-house Career Programme

Aug 13, 2019 - Trainee Trader in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Comprehensive training, which helped me develop a strong trading foundation. As well, the fully founded account with Amplify leverages the theory part into real-world trading rules and self-awareness about your trader profile. On top, participated to several simulations (asset mgmt, HF trading, market making, etc.) that develop the skills necessary to work at the institutional level. All in all, quality career programme, worth it!

Cons

Not really, you are surrounded by staff every day so communication is facilitated.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

9 Week Course - Fantastic educational programme led by some of the finest in the industry

May 23, 2019 - Backed Futures Trader in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started the 9-week course this March with Amplify after previously taking the 1-week course back in December 2018. I absolutely loved my time with them and came out with an Advanced Level 5 Diploma in Trading & Financial Market Analysis. Their level of education is second to none. Led by ex-traders and market analysts, they really do teach you how to trade on a professional level. You will learn the ins and outs of monetary policy, fiscal policy, correlations, and much more that really drives the markets and moves money from different assets. I started as a complete novice trader and am now thrilled to be backed by Amplify and trading futures contracts with them. If you are a retail trader I will strongly advise you to take this course and check out Amplify. Without their tuition, you will just be shooting in the dark!

Cons

No Cons for me. Very good from start to finish

6. 5.0

A great oppurtunity.

Feb 14, 2018 - Trader in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Amplify made me really passionate about financial markets. While before this experience I wasn't really conscious about all the mechanics concerning markets price action, now, I'm on the correct path to create my own trading style and elaborate an intraday strategy to make profits. Has been a great feeling to see my own development after each stage. I personally enjoyed understanding all the different trading styles of my mentors, and the unique things each of them transmitted to me.

Cons

During the lecture-intensive first week I was feeling overwhelmed by all those technical and complicated pieces of information.

Continue reading
    7. 5.0

Amplify Trading

Feb 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a nice working environment The place is modern and up to date, including IT, making it more efficient to work The other employees are very helpful and whenever you need help they will always try their best to do so

Cons

The platform we us (CQG QTrader) does have continuous faults

8. 5.0

insight

Nov 3, 2017 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Attractive course, in-depth analysis on macroeconomic events

Cons

A bit too short, would like to have another go with the simulations

CEO

Thank you for your review. Please email us if you would like further support, I am sure we can allow access to the simulations for longer for you.

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Financial Educator

Nov 1, 2017 - Trainee Trader in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great financial education service with experienced professionals to guide you

Cons

Senior to trainee ratio might be a bit strained in the summer due to the influx of undergraduates

CEO

We do tend to run at capacity over the summer and will be looking to bring on more experienced traders to help us for next year. Thank you for this valuable feedback.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

What a fantastic experience

Oct 4, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing insight into Global Markets and Trading. Market-making and portfolio management simulations are give you hands on experience and learn while dealing with real time events! In addition to the invaluable financial aspect, the trading psychology and risk management training had a great influence on my decision making ability.

Cons

No major cons to specify.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 Reviews