Amplify Trading Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Amplify Trading Reviews

Updated 9 Mar 2020

4.9
Amplify Trading Founders Will de Lucy and Piers Curran (no image)
Will de Lucy and Piers Curran
Pros
Cons
  • "There are no Cons from my experience(in 12 reviews)

• "Coffee machine should be definitely replaced(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Junior Trader

I worked at Amplify Trading full-time

Pros

A lot of learning Great performance review

Cons

no cons really very satisfied with the experience

Amplify Trading2020-03-09
  2. "In-house Career Programme"

Former Employee - Trainee Trader in London, England

I worked at Amplify Trading full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comprehensive training, which helped me develop a strong trading foundation. As well, the fully founded account with Amplify leverages the theory part into real-world trading rules and self-awareness about your trader profile. On top, participated to several simulations (asset mgmt, HF trading, market making, etc.) that develop the skills necessary to work at the institutional level. All in all, quality career programme, worth it!

Cons

Not really, you are surrounded by staff every day so communication is facilitated.

Amplify Trading2019-08-13
  3. "9 Week Course - Fantastic educational programme led by some of the finest in the industry"

Current Employee - Backed Futures Trader in London, England

I have been working at Amplify Trading full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started the 9-week course this March with Amplify after previously taking the 1-week course back in December 2018. I absolutely loved my time with them and came out with an Advanced Level 5 Diploma in Trading & Financial Market Analysis. Their level of education is second to none. Led by ex-traders and market analysts, they really do teach you how to trade on a professional level. You will learn the ins and outs of monetary policy, fiscal policy, correlations, and much more that really drives the markets and moves money from different assets. I started as a complete novice trader and am now thrilled to be backed by Amplify and trading futures contracts with them. If you are a retail trader I will strongly advise you to take this course and check out Amplify. Without their tuition, you will just be shooting in the dark!

Cons

No Cons for me. Very good from start to finish

Amplify Trading2019-05-23
  4. "A great oppurtunity."

Current Employee - Trader in London, England

I have been working at Amplify Trading full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Amplify made me really passionate about financial markets. While before this experience I wasn't really conscious about all the mechanics concerning markets price action, now, I'm on the correct path to create my own trading style and elaborate an intraday strategy to make profits. Has been a great feeling to see my own development after each stage. I personally enjoyed understanding all the different trading styles of my mentors, and the unique things each of them transmitted to me.

Cons

During the lecture-intensive first week I was feeling overwhelmed by all those technical and complicated pieces of information.

Amplify Trading2018-02-14
  5. "Amplify Trading"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Amplify Trading full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a nice working environment The place is modern and up to date, including IT, making it more efficient to work The other employees are very helpful and whenever you need help they will always try their best to do so

Cons

The platform we us (CQG QTrader) does have continuous faults

Amplify Trading2018-02-14
  6. "insight"

Intern

I worked at Amplify Trading for less than a year

Pros

Attractive course, in-depth analysis on macroeconomic events

Cons

A bit too short, would like to have another go with the simulations

Amplify Trading2017-11-04

Amplify Trading Response

November 7, 2017CEO

Thank you for your review. Please email us if you would like further support, I am sure we can allow access to the simulations for longer for you.

7. "Financial Educator"

Trainee Trader in London, England

I worked at Amplify Trading for more than a year

Pros

Great financial education service with experienced professionals to guide you

Cons

Senior to trainee ratio might be a bit strained in the summer due to the influx of undergraduates

Amplify Trading2017-11-01

Amplify Trading Response

November 7, 2017CEO

We do tend to run at capacity over the summer and will be looking to bring on more experienced traders to help us for next year. Thank you for this valuable feedback.

Continue reading
  8. "What a fantastic experience"

I have been working at Amplify Trading full-time

Pros

Amazing insight into Global Markets and Trading. Market-making and portfolio management simulations are give you hands on experience and learn while dealing with real time events! In addition to the invaluable financial aspect, the trading psychology and risk management training had a great influence on my decision making ability.

Cons

No major cons to specify.

Amplify Trading2017-10-04
  9. "Experience of a lifetime"

Former Employee - Graduate Student in Southampton, England

I worked at Amplify Trading full-time

Pros

i think this is an excellent place for any person who is interested in having practical and theoretical experience about trading and reacting to market news. All the mentors are willing to support the trainees and improve their knowledge. Honestly, this was the best experience i have gotten so far.

Cons

There are no downsides. Everything is available in front of us to learn and ask questions about it. Even when in doubt, we can try the strategies under real-life conditions and check the results. If the trainee is willing to learn and experience new things, he will enjoy every single training day with amplify trading.

Amplify Trading2017-09-06

"Great experience!"

Former Employee - Trainee Trader in London, England

I worked at Amplify Trading full-time for more than a year

Pros

For someone coming from non-finance background, the experience has really equipped me with a comprehensive understanding of trading as well as the correlation between different asset classes. Staffs are extremely helpful and the free coffee is to die for!

Cons

Exposure to more topics such as equities and fixed income research would further enrich the trainee's experience.

Amplify Trading2017-09-06