Badoo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.1
Badoo CEO Andrey Andreev
Andrey Andreev

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great perks, free food and massages" (in 22 reviews)

• "Office is amazing, great perks, benefits, bonuses, food, drink etc" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Most of senior management has left the company" (in 4 reviews)

• "Limited career growth potential" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for as a Designer"

Former Employee - Product Designer in London, England
    Former Employee - Product Designer in London, England

I worked at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks - pretty much everything that you can think of, hard to find other companies in London to offer you the same. Few of them are private medical and dental insurances, all day meals provided in the office, kitchen full with snacks and drinks, and many more ... my personal favourite one was the daily 5 min massage at your desk.

Team - the design team is a strategic part of the product and company. There are a lot of design challenges to solve as the apps are always progressing and evolving. You can expect to work with some very smart and talented people which really helps to push your boundaries. In addition to all of the perks I've mentioned above there are also a lot of design specific ones to help you grow and learn - fully covered local and international conferences, training budget which you can use for courses or books, and of course the amazing design team builds.

Company - fast moving environment where people work hard and are passionate about what they do. You have the freedom to work on the stuff you enjoy more and have a real impact on the product.

Cons

Fast moving - sometimes this can be a bit overwhelming, management moves from one idea to another.

Career growth - I believe the company can do a better job here.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with people in lower levels. Communicate more the vision and product direction.

24 Apr 2019 – Badoo

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review about our perks, team and company. We strive to ensure that we deliver a great employee experience and will pass your feedback on to the... More

2. "Finance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing company and people
    probably the best place I have been in terms of my career.
    Exciting things happening
    Cool and you people
    The company really take care of the employees.

Cons

Not many and I am happy where I am :)

24 Apr 2019 – Badoo

Thank you for your kind words – don’t forget you get incentivised when you refer your friends! You can also share your positive experiences at work on social media, don’t forget to #badoo

3. "Great company and people to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Product Designer in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Product Designer in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a designer you can influence products a lot. The team always expect from you a top-notch work done in a timely manner. Here you can become an effective problem-solver and raise your knowledge ho to build successful mobile apps for people.
    - Mission-drived social projects
    - Minimum bureaucracy
    - Talented people
    - Freedom in methods, tools, approaches
    - Amazing lunches, fabulous team-buildings, positive culture
    - Competitive salary
    - Good personal training budget, any conferences
    - Flexible hours
    - Cool office in the centre of London

Cons

Remote-friendliness can be a bit more friendly. Also giving a critique can be improved.

Advice to Management

Focus a bit more on leadership, expectations and processes.

4. "Winning Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The investment in people, from healthy catered meals which include, breakfast, lunch, tea time and dinner through to food that you can grab on the go and unlimited beverages. Another great perk is weekly onsite beauty treatments and a daily 5 minute massage at my desk which poses minimal disruption to my day whilst keeping me energised. Whilst these perks make me more productive and from a business point of view, bring out the best of my ability they have also worked wonders for my wellbeing. I feel a sense that the company has invested in me. The tech provided to do my job is high spec and I'm also encouraged to attend company funded conferences to grow my potential. The office is in a great location and the people have been friendly, helpful and authentic.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of any.

24 Apr 2019 – Badoo

Thanks for your feedback, it’s great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. You can #Badoo some of the joys of our employee perks that you've mentioned on social media. Don’t forget we... More

5. "Great place to work and learn!"

I have been working at Badoo full-time

Pros

Startup culture
    Good leaning curve
    Excellent benefits

Cons

- - - - -

24 Apr 2019 – Badoo

Thanks for your feedback, it’s great to hear that you are enjoying your time with us. You can #Badoo some of the joys of our employee perks on social media. Don’t forget we also offer a great... More

6. "A truly great place to grow as a Designer"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in London, England
    Current Employee - Graphic Designer in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Modernistic company – always up-to-date with the trends and technology, culturally-rich and open environment, you are not forced to stay in one place the whole day to work.

• You are well-looked after – the perks are unparalleled: food of all sorts day in, day out, massages, health and wellbeing events, private medical and dental insurances, to name a few. You work hard, and you also get to play hard. We throw big parties to unwind and just enjoy everyone's company.

• Growth – we are always encouraged to go to conferences around the globe, as well as trainings and workshops: all paid for. You just need to show your serious commitment and motivation to get the most out of it. We also share our extended knowledge throughout the whole team to maximise our know-how in the industry and support each other.

• Supportive team – we are constantly growing as a team, and it is very much like having a big family where you spend majority of your life, which is just great. We do team building outings to relax and get to know each other better outside the office as well.

Cons

• Immensely fast-paced that sometimes you lack the time to properly explore some projects, though we do go back to them most of the time to constantly improve our work.

• We have a pool of strong-minded individuals who are very tenacious with their ideas and opinions, which can cause friction most of the time. However, with enough evidence and arguments about your confidence with where you stand with your work, it is possible to get through to these people and meet each other halfway.

Advice to Management

I have been at Badoo for nearly 2 years now and I can say that it has improved massively, and it is now so different to how it was painted on really old reviews here. Keep on going, things are getting much better, and I appreciate how I am seeing more and more women in the company 💪

7. "SRE"

I have been working at Badoo full-time

Pros

Nice job, environment, issue. You will have a growth in your skills every day!

Cons

Nothing! Nothing is nothing of nothing!

3 Apr 2019 – Employer Brand Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

8. "Management"

Former Employee - Senior Management in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Management in London, England

I worked at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

many opportunities
    Wonderful offices and the best colleagues

Cons

A culture where you have to deliver on what you say you will do. If that isn’t for you go somewhere else.

24 Apr 2019 – Badoo

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review about our office and your former colleagues. We strive to ensure that we deliver a great employee experience and will pass your feedback... More

9. "Foster good development practices, great benefits"

Former Employee - Senior IOS Developer in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior IOS Developer in London, England

I worked at Badoo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Technically challenging work, team always looking to improve the process and fosters and encourages self development. Office is amazing, great perks, benefits, bonuses, food, drink etc

Cons

Sometimes quite long hours, a 'unique' management style and honestly the product at the end of the day isn't particularly motivating.

24 Apr 2019 – Badoo

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we appreciate your feedback. Thanks for choosing Badoo as an employer. We wish you success in your future career.

10. "Great company"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employees, fast-paced environment, unbeatable perks & amazing parties! Wide variety of work - as new products always being launched.

Cons

A lot of politics between different teams, salaries not as high as some other tech firms

24 Apr 2019 – Badoo

We love positive feedback, thank you for taking the time to leave it. We review salaries based on personal performance and the market every year to ensure we remain competitive.