Badoo Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.7
Badoo CEO Andrey Andreev
Andrey Andreev

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great perks, free food and massages" (in 22 reviews)

• "Everyday is different and you constantly learn something new" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Most of senior management has left the company" (in 4 reviews)

• "Limited career growth potential" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Analyst in London, England
    Current Employee - Analyst in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employees, fast-paced environment, unbeatable perks & amazing parties! Wide variety of work - as new products always being launched.

Cons

A lot of politics between different teams, salaries not as high as some other tech firms

2. "Foster good development practices, great benefits"

Former Employee - Senior IOS Developer in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior IOS Developer in London, England

I worked at Badoo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Technically challenging work, team always looking to improve the process and fosters and encourages self development. Office is amazing, great perks, benefits, bonuses, food, drink etc

Cons

Sometimes quite long hours, a 'unique' management style and honestly the product at the end of the day isn't particularly motivating.

"Demanding but rewarding"

Current Employee - Designer in London, England
    Current Employee - Designer in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a place for people who can take responsibility and face problems. It's a challenging place to work at, but everything in your hands. If you wish to do big great things, there is little bureaucracy and blocks for you to build, learn and grow. Yes, there are many problems, but management is opened, positive and really solving them one by one.

Very much start-up environment with many good product launched recently (Bumble, Chappy, Lumen and more). People are smart, fast paced and do achieve here more than in average company. This is not a safe place where you can be a passenger on a nice cruise sheep soaking in jacuzzi. This is a great sailing boat which gives you lots of kicks but your need to work hard and take responsibilities.

Lots of perks like gym, food, health & dental insurance, etc.

Cons

Sometimes things are happening too fast.
    Due to lack of communication, some decisions can seem random / spontaneous.

Advice to Management

Explain your decisions, share long-term vision & goals.
    Talk and inspire people.

4. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working at Badoo over a year ago, and I am still a happy employee. I admit a lot of my friends are jealous I work here because Badoo provides you with anything you need
    Benefits include: free breakfast, lunch and dinner; healthy and not so healthy snacks; free haircuts in the office; daily desk massages; subsidized gym memberships; food plan to help you lose weight or gain muscles; stunning parties and more!
    I feel like hard work at Badoo gets noticed as there is a transparent review process to discuss your career path and get manager's feedback on your performance. Positions are often filled up internally if you are willing to learn and have the required skill set for the role. I think it’s a great motivation for current employees
    There is a budget for training so you can develop your skills or learn something new
    The company uses new technologies and software so you can keep up with the current trends
    You get to work with very smart people
    To summarize my impression on working for Badoo, I would say it’s a challenging and demanding work that gets done while having fun

Cons

Few extra kg gained - otherwise happy

"php"

Current Employee - PHP Developer in London, England
    Current Employee - PHP Developer in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It 's an excellent place to get new knowledge, great team

Cons

I do not know cons

"Very bad company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salaries are market average. You will have a lot of stories to tell when you finally leave.

Cons

You shouldn't work here if you don't want to end up depressed. This is a company that doesn't value its employees, especially if you are a woman, or of any other than a white heterosexual Russian male. You will hear racial slur all the time, and you will see how women are treated as inferiors, with frequent comments on the way they look and not on how talented they are. If you don't speak Russian, you will be left out of most conversations and you won't be able to make any friends here.

The company isn't able to retain its employees. There was a time where salaries were higher than the market, but this is a thing of the past, and now they are losing people non-stop. During my time there I've seen how most managers have left the company, and a fair amount of engineers joined different companies too. The ones staying are doing so just because they cannot pass interviews in other companies, as they aren't good enough at their jobs, or because they don't want to mess with their immigration status –have I mentioned most employees are Russian?

Advice to Management

Change the culture of the company and hire better managers.

"This company should be illegal"

Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will fill you with food so you don't realize the horror of working here.
    But you will smell how rotten things are very soon.

Cons

This company should be illegal. It is currently being investigated by HMRC (check a recent article on The Telegraph).

Most of senior management has left the company. The Brand Director left for Tinder. Revenue has been falling for months and HR looks like a witch hunt trying to fire whoever they can.

You'll work with incredibly sexist and racist people. There has been many cases of sexual abuse and HR doesn't do anything. Not to mention the parties they organize, which include naked strippers.

Badoo is truly a madhouse. The few who are still here, we are desperate to leave asap.

Advice to Management

Just shut down this company before they find out how illegal you are.

"A true disaster of a company"

I have been working at Badoo full-time

Pros

Free food, health insurance, office location

Cons

Run by a team of megalomaniacs
    Soon to be floated/sold for parts
    HR lead has little experience
    3 CMO's in 6 months
    Being investigated by HMRC
    Very poor design team
    Sexist & racist culture prevalent

"Great company if you don't expect personal growth"

Former Employee - Influencer Marketing Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Influencer Marketing Manager in London, England

I worked at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- exciting environment
    - great food
    - multicultural company

Cons

- bad management
    - employees are not valued

"The best place for senior mobile developer"

Current Employee - Mobile Developer in London, England
    Current Employee - Mobile Developer in London, England

I have been working at Badoo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Badoo has the best mobile development team in Europe. The company hires senior developers only. Guys write the best code I’ve ever seen using the best world’s practices.
    - The job is really interesting. We implement a features, cover a code with a unit tests & an automation interfaces, provide an A/B tests, implement our own frameworks, integrate an UI snapshot tests and write a documentation. Devs are really proud of the product they create.
    - Salary & bonuses are high even for London.
    - Cool benefits, good food in the office & awesome parties every week. First I thought they’re a minor advantage. But now I see how they increase the quality of my life a lot.

Cons

- The culture could be extremely bad outside of the mobile development department. Take a look on other Glassdoor’s reviews about that.
    - HR team is a disaster. You’ll be fighting for your money, bonuses & compensations for the first few months. Your first salary could be delayed and rearranged to a next month.
    - HR team is a disaster #2. You could be ignored on each step of a hiring process. Even if you have an offer, you could be put to ignore-list by a mistake. If you’re a candidate then you better have a known-person in the dev-team to provide a pressure on HRs.

Advice to Management

- Keep working on an in-office relationships & culture. No one likes to hear filthy language or to see anyone being offended.
    - HR team should be taken by the control of HRs from Moscow’s office at least. Badoo hires the top-level developers; MB it’s time to hire top-level HRs too?
    - The minor :) Too many vegetarian food, we just don’t have so much vegans in our team.