BaseKit Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2021

Found 19 of over 19 reviews

4.6
BaseKit CEO Simon Best (no image)
Simon Best
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 30, 2021 - Backend Developer in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Talented development team - Supportive and friendly team at large - The work itself is both challenging and exciting

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

2. 5.0

Collaborative and friendly workplace

Aug 4, 2020 - Key Account Manager in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great management team, lots of opportunities to contribute to the strategy and success of BaseKit.

Cons

There are no cons here

HR Director

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. we're so glad you are having such a great experience with BaseKit. Should there be anything you think we could do better please do let us know!

3. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Aug 3, 2020 - Management Accountant in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small company with open and friendly management and staff in central Bristol. Great benefits, relaxed atmosphere, and flexible working hours, giving you a good work/life balance.

Cons

No cons, unless you prefer working for a big company

HR Director

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we're so glad you are having such a positive experience with BaseKit. We do think it’s important to have a good work/life balance so thanks for pointing that out!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fun, Sociable, Interesting company to work for

Aug 3, 2020 - Full Stack Developer in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fun - Sociable - Interesting - Regular Performance and Pay Reviews - Work-life balance

Cons

- Small ladder to climb

HR Director

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. we're so glad you are having such a positive experience with BaseKit. Thanks for pointing out all those pros :)

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A fantastic company to work for.

Jul 30, 2020 - Finance Analyst in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great working environment. Lovely people. Flexible working hours. Work from home allowance. Bonus scheme. Summer / Christmas parties. Table Tennis. Good coffee. Fantastic opportunities / support for personal growth. Everybody is very open. Work /life balance is very important to the business. Great culture.

Cons

None I can think of.

Continue reading

HR Director

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we're so glad you are having such a positive experience with BaseKit. We are so happy to have you as part of our team :)

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A fantastic place to work

Jul 14, 2020 - Product Owner in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone is friendly and open - Flexible hours - Fun social events - Career opportunities (I have transitioned from QA Test Analyst to Product Owner whilst working for BaseKit) - Interesting and fun product to work on - Development team works well to an Agile methodology - Feel trusted and supported by management and the rest of the team

Cons

none that I can think of

4 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We're really proud of everything you've achieved at BaseKit and thank you for all of your hard work – we're lucky to have you as part of the team

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Jul 24, 2020 - Frontend Developer in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly environment - Open mindset - Good work life balance - Flexible hours - Great possibilities for personal/professional growth

Cons

None that I can think of

HR Director

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we're so glad you are having such a positive experience with BaseKit. We do take career development seriously so it’s great to see you point that out. We’re so happy to have you as part of our team :)

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company to work for

Jul 16, 2020 - Creative Digital Marketing Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

I recently joined the company and I can honestly say it's been the best start to a job I've ever experienced. It's so nice to be part of a company that really cares about its employees and their well-being. I joined just as lockdown happened and despite this being a challenging time for all and getting used to working remotely, my onboarding was second to none. Everyone has made me feel part of the time and I'm looking forward to the future.

Cons

None that I can think of.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Director

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we're so glad you are having such a positive experience with BaseKit. Onboarding remotely has been a new experience for us too and you've made it an absolute pleasure – we are delighted to have you as part of our team!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jul 20, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm really enjoying working at BaseKit! Friendly mid-sized company. Small enough to have the small-company-get-things-done vibe, but large enough to avoid startup-scale-burnout working. Management style is open, honest and approachable, and the current direction of the company is clear with weekly updates. The culture seems to be genuinely open to ideas for changing working practices, processes or technologies. Trying new things is encouraged. Plenty of interesting technical challenges to solve on a product that's constantly moving forward at a good pace but with enough capacity to reduce technical debt where appropriate. The social side of company life is fun and inclusive, even when the whole company is working remotely due to covid-19. Definitely a company I'd recommend to friends!

Cons

Benefits package includes a great healthcare package, but doesn't include life insurance. Not a showstopper for me, but worth knowing about.

HR Director

Thank you so much for your fantastic review, we're so glad you are having such a positive experience with BaseKit. We do review our benefits package regularly so we’ll keep your points in mind when we do!

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fast paced startup where you will learn a lot

Oct 8, 2019 - Frontend Architect in Bristol, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced, streamlined processes which allows to deliver fast with fewer resources than in other companies.

Cons

Sometimes a bit stuck in big companies mindset

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews