Big Game Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Big Game Promotions Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2019

3.7
Big Game Promotions CEO 	Joe Celaschi (no image)
Joe Celaschi
  1. "Fake reviews (left by owner and friends)"

Former Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at Big Game Promotions part-time for less than a year

Pros

Hired 30 minutes by walking in

Cons

Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies

Advice to Management

Every morning the owner yells at everyone for the previous days production because he is so stressed up he cant handle life. After berating the employees you are expected to dial non stop. If you take more than 1 bathroom breaks in 90 minutes you will be questioned. You are lying to your customers, the ownership has some very fishy things going on behind the scenes (don't question it if you want to keep... your job) how do you live with yourselves scamming innocent people?

Big Game Promotions2019-07-25
  2. "Awesome Sports Fundraising Job"

Former Employee - Entry Level Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at Big Game Promotions full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. High energy sales teams that push for positive hard work 2. Helping high school, college and youth sports teams with professional media and fundraising 3. Learned how to work on the phone and computer 4. Bi-weekly payroll 5. Cool People 6. Early schedule to enjoy the afternoons 7. weekends off

Cons

1. Sales isnt easy 2. Lot's of rejection from businesses 3. Sales floor sometimes too loud

Advice to Management

Turn down the music just a bit and throw more company parties they are great!

Big Game Promotions2018-10-10
  3. "Team Member"

Current Employee - Rep in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Big Game Promotions full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fun, exciting, loving, friendly, caring, supportive. All these things and more. I love BGP

Cons

nothing bad to say about BGP.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Big Game Promotions2018-09-27
  4. "Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Big Game Promotions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working for BGP! Its not only a Sales Job i can make my paychecks GROW...but also i get to help kids nationwide continue to plays sports all year long at the same time! I believe in this sale which makes it easier to do! 😊

Cons

Sales is not a easy JOB but if you have a passion for children like we do at BGP then you can be good a team player and help kids out that need that extra help!

Advice to Management

We have an Awesome Sales Manager Rebecca that really goes out of her way to help us have fun while doing sometimes a hard JOB.... She helpedstarted the bizz along with a few of us from the beginning with the CEO...AKA.. "MR.BOSSMAN"and she dont forget how hard it can be rasing money everyday! She also will still grind on the phone with us between her other duties to get our goals met for the week! She is a great... "TEAM PLAYER" One thing we could do again like the old days is give out some cool prize's for top reps each month.... appreciating hard work goes a long way!

Big Game Promotions2018-09-20
  5. "Customer service representative"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Big Game Promotions full-time

Pros

I love the team atmosphere. I love helping people especially children.. I believe this is truly our goal.

Cons

Nothing negative to say as of now.

Advice to Management

Thank you for an enjoyable atmosphere

Big Game Promotions2018-09-20

"If You're Desperate..."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Big Game Promotions

Pros

Well what I can think of is: Fun environment. Music playing while working. Easy to get a job there. High energy the whole time. Decent incentive and prizes fot sales.

Cons

Most people are parolees or just got out of jail. A LOT of work. Difficult personal goals. Early work hours. You're a telemarketer, so there's that. It's not for everyone. Some people just won't make sales. The management and other workers don't really care about training you. Really, the only place to move up is like a lead position.

Advice to Management

Make the goals easier. Train the new employees better. don't just hand them a script and let them go. Don't play the same music over and over.

Big Game Promotions2016-09-19

"Very Enjoyable Experience"

Former Employee - Phone Sales in San Diego, CA

I worked at Big Game Promotions full-time for less than a year

Pros

The PEOPLE! I loved everyone that I worked with including management and Mr Celaschi. The company is all about being positive, working hard, and having fun. I never had a job where I enjoyed going to work every day. If I didnt go back to college I would still be there.

Cons

sales work hours 630am-3pm (a little too early :) )

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!!

Big Game Promotions2016-06-09

"A Company That Really Invests In Their Employees"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Big Game Promotions full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunity to make a lot of money is definitely there. If you work hard and have a good attitude, you will love this job. Management is always willing to help reps and they put a lot of time into training and development. The company has a lot of perks, great benefits, spiffs, dinners and fun trips! The company spends a lot of money on marketing to bring in leads…

Cons

If you expect to come in and put in minimal effort, you won't do well here. You have to work hard and push yourself to really make good money, but when you do, the potential is unreal.

Advice to Management

Continue to train, mentor, and develop your employees. The individual training and feedback is definitely helping the reps improve. Continue to be transparent with any company changes.

Big Game Promotions2015-07-12

"Sales"

Caller in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Big Game Promotions

Pros

just about none. Some of the other sales people are nice.

Cons

this is an awful place to work. The other review that said the positive reviews are fake is right. The "CEO" is a joke of a man. Please Google the name Joe Celaschi and see what you find. DON't WORK HERE!!

Advice to Management

Your time is up. Trust me, there will be more and more of these negative reviews.

Big Game Promotions2015-07-01

"Terrible Place"

Outside Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Big Game Promotions

Pros

The only pro I can come up with for this place is it is simply a job. It pays money. Some of the people that have come and gone have been cool people to meet, and most of the time it is a fun work environment. I'll give them that.

Cons

First of all, the good reviews on here are so obviously written by management and possibly the owner himself. It's both hilarious and disgusting that they seriously took the time to do that. You can't polish dog crap, sorry. This place is micromanaged like you wouldn't believe. They are constantly ripping off their employees and also the schools they work with, and are constantly coming up with loopholes and... excuses to wiggle out of it. I have seen so many people get hired and fired within a week. They don't give new people a chance, and the employees that have managed to stick around the longest get treated like they're still brand new. Just don't work here if you can help it, this company is a total scam. To the schools and to their employees. I'm looking for a new job currently, something I should have done a while ago.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like children. This isn't actually high school.

Big Game Promotions2015-02-28