Business Stream Reviews

Updated Nov 29, 2021

Found 66 of over 69 reviews

2.9
Business Stream Chief Executive  Johanna Dow (no image)
Johanna Dow
  1. 5.0

Superb environment

Nov 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent working environment- Friendly people

Cons

None that I can think of

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Good employer

Nov 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good environment to work in and great people

Cons

Way still very low compared to other businesses

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love it here

Nov 18, 2021 - Onboarding Specialist in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team vibes Bonuses Good mental and physical health help Good care taken around covid

Cons

Hard work (debatable if its a con) Lots of DPA

4. 3.0

Work at Business Stream

Nov 19, 2021 - Informatica ETL Developer in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Great work life balance*good for beginners

Cons

Small company, less funds**less salary

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not great - bullying by managers and toxic atmosphere

Oct 31, 2021 - Customer Service
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some nice people within the organisation.

Cons

Where do I start? On paper, this place looks good but looks can, and in this case are deceiving. The environment is toxic and there is a bullying culture amongst middle management. The positive Trustpilot reviews are not a true reflection of the company and how it serves its customers, but are mainly ‘invited’ Trustpilot reviews to make the company look better that they actually are....much better! Even though Tristpilot took away the ability to ‘invite’ your customers so you couldn’t pick and choose who can submit reviews about the company, Business Stream have managed to find a ‘work-around’ for this and continue to get positive reviews from the handful of satisfied customers that they have which doesn’t show the true reflection of how their customers feel about them. On too of that, they made a number of people redundant at the start of the year (thankfully I wasn’t one of them) under the pretence of ‘re-structuring’ within the organisation, only to employ new people in the same positions and give them lower salaries. Poor show Business Stream!! If your looking to join this company, think again and look at the Glassdoor score for the company....unfortunately for Business Stream, this is a true reflection of how the workers feel about this organisation. Unfortunately, there are not many people in the organisation that are truly happy but have bills to pay and seem to roll with the punches but theres only so much they will take before they leave. Learn from this Business Stream, it will not only result in your staff bring happier but may also result in a higher Glassdoor score.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Not a good place to work. Toxic.

Oct 8, 2021 - Complaints Handler in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people dedicated to customers.

Cons

Staff are over worked, constant change, new staff brought in on more money than current staff, low morale, heavy handed management, mgt don't listen to staff views on processes, many experienced staff leaving. Not a happy place to work.

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Has gone downhill - passive aggressive culture

Aug 9, 2021 - Sales & Marketing in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some really good people, who really care about the customers and are trying to do their best

Cons

Passive aggressive leadership culture from the top. All decision making sits at the top with no empowerment or trust to employees. Focus is on making money. Making a positive difference is lip service to paper over the cracks. It's a shame as there are great people and the business could do great things. They're a poor payer but like to believe their benefits are good. They aren't! Diversity is practically zero and creating a diverse culture isn't addressed because they believe they tick the box via gender mix. Such a shame.

2 people found this review helpful

Business Stream

Thanks for posting your views. Ensuring our colleagues have an opportunity to share their views on working at Business Stream is really important to us, so that we can make improvements to our business. We hope you shared your views with us while you were employed at Business Stream. If you did and you felt improvements weren't made, we'd like to apologise for this. We also want to ensure that any colleagues who leave the business are listened to. That's why we've made improvements to our exit process to allow colleagues to provide detailed feedback to an individual not related to their area of the business. This detailed feedback is being captured and used to improve the way we do things. All the best for your next role.

8. 1.0

Really really bad

Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

None really. They are not very good

Cons

Bullying culture in Customer Service.

1 person found this review helpful

Business Stream

Thanks for posting your review. It's really important to us that we listen to feedback from our colleagues so that we understand how we can make Business Stream an even better place to work. We've made some improvements to make it easier for colleagues to share their views with us. We hope you had an opportunity to do that while you were still employed at Business Stream and, if you left us recently, that you had the opportunity to share more detailed feedback through our new leavers exit interview process. Our colleague feedback is helping us implement changes to continue improving our business. If you shared your views and you felt that feedback wasn't acted upon, we'd like to apologise for this. We would also like to wish you the best of luck in your next role.

9. 2.0

The Good, the bad & the ugly

Jul 26, 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office, free parking, good holidays (apart from never getting any bank holidays off)

Cons

Constantly trying to do things on the cheap Using offshore companies without sorting concrete deliverables or timescales Very much “face fits” culture and any innovation from staff is stamped out

Business Stream

Thank you for sharing your views. Listening to our colleagues and making improvements to our business is really important to us. We actively encourage our colleagues to provide feedback and to talk to us using a number of different routes, including speaking to line managers directly or to our People and Development team. We hope that you felt able to give us your input while still employed at Business Stream. If you did and you felt improvements weren't made, we'd like to apologise for this. We wish you every success in your career.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

The positive reviews are fake

Jul 30, 2021 - Metering and Billing Advisor in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

good location with easy transport links, nice office and some good people, decent holidays with the ability to buy more

Cons

Leadership team are made to come on here and right positive reviews SLT don't really have a clue what goes on, never see anything through to finish. Always starting new projects. Offshoring work while making staff redundant. Your just a number, this place will grind you into the ground 8 new managers in 4 years Made staff redundant just before Christmas after offshoring work to India to save money only to now be rehiring. Company is run by hungry women who don't know how to communicate. Managers to manage managers, managers. If your face doesn't fit, if your not related or already friends with management you will go no where. No thanks for going above and beyond, just made redundant. Employee surveys are always terrible so bad they didn't tell us the results of the last ones, always promise to change and listen to staff but never see it though. Hires consultant company to improve staff moral, consultant company tells them moral is bad they get rid of consultant team. They keep showing people of different races and colour on their social media but they are always the same 2 people (wonder why)

5 people found this review helpful

Business Stream

Thanks for posting your review. It's important to us to listen to our colleagues and former colleagues when they provide us with feedback, both positive and negative. We have noted the points you have raised in your review and where appropriate we will use your feedback to help us make further improvements to how we do things. We hope that you felt able to share your views and to be heard through our various feedback channels while still employed with Business Stream. Wishing you all the best for your next career move.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 66 Reviews