Carpetright Reviews

Found 137 of over 143 reviews

4.0
Carpetright Chief Executive Wilf Walsh
Wilf Walsh
Pros
  • "Flexibility / work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "Commission good incentive, good pay extra hours(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, if you get a five minute break consider yourself lucky, and expected to start early/finish late(in 11 reviews)

• "No work/ life balance you're expected to work every Saturday and alternate Sundays(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company to work for

Jul 27, 2021 - Sales Associate in Gateshead, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

No pressure selling commission good

Cons

Late nights including full days

Thanks for your review!

2. 3.0

Good Team

Aug 1, 2021 - Regional Manager in Worcester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Commission and flexibility. Can have a great work life balance. Leadership team are approachable. New owner putting lots of money in.

Cons

The new system is killing the business. Losing many employees due the stress of system failures.

Carpetright Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. It's good to see that you appreciated the work/life balance that can be achieved (and the uncapped commission!). Implementing a new major system is never without its challenges and we do understand that it is causing some frustrations. We're busy working on some solutions already and we will share your feedback internally, so that your views are heard. We'd be happy to hear from you on glassdoorreviews@carpetright.co.uk if you'd like to have a further conversation

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent company to work for!

Jul 13, 2021 - Talent Resourcer in Purfleet, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Carpetright for just under 2 months and must say it is one of the best companies I have worked for. They have been extremely helpful with every one of my needs and have given me the flexibility to work in different locations for a long period of time so that I am able to be with family.

Cons

None so far, everyone has been lovely and very accommodating.

Carpetright Ltd

Colleague wellbeing is so important to us - we are glad we've been able to support you in spending time with your family. Thank you for your kind words!

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing staff good memories atrocious mid and corporate management!

Jul 10, 2021 - Home Flooring Consultant in Eastbourne, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good team players mostly but bad eggs happen everywhere and they tend to dissipate after a few years but protocol could be vastly improved here why not just cut the corporate shxt and quit pro quo and genuinely ask employees what is good what is bad and what solutions can you as an individual contribute to our company morales? Listen to your experienced staff and they will show you the light CarpetRight! Please.

Cons

Upper management and regional especially the little Hitler we had eh Steve! Talking down to people always has a habit of catching up with you! Listen, learn and adapt please!

Carpetright Response

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your review and will of course discuss your feedback internally to understand how and where we can improve. Thank you for your service, we're glad you have some happy memories and wish you all the best for the future.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Place to work

Jul 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible with their work and place

Cons

Not a nice place to work

Carpetright Ltd

Thank you for your review. We would love to talk through your feedback in more detail - specifically why you felt it was not nice place to work so we can seek to improve. Please drop us a email to glassdoorreviews@carpetright.co.uk so we discuss further.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company to work for. Rewards hard work

Jun 30, 2021 - Store Manager in Bletchley, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good commission Ability to earn a good wage. Rewards hard work and dedication Good progression. Lots of learning and development tools Managers given relative autonomy

Cons

Not enough staffing levels at times, but let's be honest that's the same in all retail. Basic is poor, however plenty of opportunity to earn a really good wage.

Carpetright Ltd

It's great to hear you're enjoying your role with us, thank you for your continued hard work, it is very much appreciated!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 25, 2021 - Head Office Employee in Purfleet, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company have really looked after its workforce during COVID. Every possible action has been taken to ensure our well being The company is thriving and there is a real buzz around the place

Cons

None that i can think of

Carpetright Ltd

Our people are the heartbeat of the company - without them we wouldn't be where we are today which is why we do our best to look after them. Thank you for you review.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing start to my career at Carpetright

Jun 17, 2021 - Head of L&D
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very well organised induction, met with all the senior managers (including the MD), everyone extremely friendly and welcoming and lots of ambition to grow the company in the right way

Cons

Nothing that I have seen at this point

Carpetright Ltd

We've worked really hard to provide our new colleagues with a great experience when they join us - it's great to hear you have enjoyed your induction, welcome to Carpetright!

9. 2.0
      Former Employee

In the main poor, but with exceptions

Jul 3, 2021 - Internal Auditor in Southampton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A long awaited refresh of stores is now taking place.

Cons

Poor level of concern of staff from director level. now owned by a person who has little / no knowledge of retail

Carpetright Ltd

We'd love the opportunity to discuss your review further, can you please get in touch with us at glassdoorreviews@carpetright.co.uk? We will be happy to talk to you and understand how we can improve.

10. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good place

Jun 14, 2021 - Assistant Accountant in Purfleet, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people Good energy Balanced work life

Cons

Nothing everything g was good

Carpetright Ltd

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we're glad you're enjoying your time with Carpetright!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 137 Reviews