Consult Red Reviews

Updated 11 Oct 2020

4.6
Consult Red Managing Director Andrew Stewart  (no image)
Andrew Stewart
  1. Featured Review

"Looking promising"

5.0
    Current Employee - Project Resource Coordinator in Shipley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England

I have been working at Consult Red full-time for less than a year

Pros

I started at Consult Red during lock down, which was never going to be easy. Very early on I have been made to feel part of the team. Having worked for much larger organisations where it is almost impossible to understand ever changing structures, it is great to now be working for an organisation where you can understand the structures and see where your role fits in.

Cons

No Cons - everything great so far

2. "Quality"

• Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Consult Red full-time

Pros

All levels of staff/management are Approachable

Cons

Could improve internal Communication links

3. "Can't complain considering the circumstances"

5.0
    Current Employee - Junior Software Engineer in Shipley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England

I have been working at Consult Red full-time for less than a year

Pros

Despite having started during lock-down and only been on-site for a grand total of 10 minutes to exchange documents and collect equipment, at no point have I had no-one to turn to for resolving an issue. My team have been very welcoming and understanding of the difficulty of starting without meeting anyone in person. Working from home has been very flexible and easy to manage. Red have been able to provide any assistance that I have needed and I have been offered the opportunity for potential training courses in the future if needs be. The project that I have been working on so far has been interesting and many of the other's currently in progress sound interesting also. I am confident that work will remain compelling for the foreseeable future.

Cons

Felt like I was thrown in at the deep end a little bit- I thought I would be given some kind of training when I first started, but was put straight onto a project doing actual customer work. I can see why this was the case and I imagine this would be seen as a pro by many, but I think I personally would have preferred a small amount of training time to brush up on skills needed for the project, especially when stuck working from home. I had no prior industry experience so don't really have any reference for comparison, however all of my other expectations have been met and I am very happy with my position at Red.

4. "A dependable employer."

4.0
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Shipley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England

I worked at Consult Red full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good bunch of people, smart AND approachable. A growing company where I was still treated as a person.

Cons

The commute was a bit awkward for me.

5. "Great place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in Shipley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England

I have been working at Consult Red full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly, relaxed work environment. Free coffee and fruit. Great location. Creative freedom and a varied workload. Willing to take on-board new suggestions and ideas no matter what your role is within the business. Flexibility with working hours when necessary.

Cons

Nothing I can think of

6. "Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England

I have been working at Consult Red full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Considerate leadership . Interesting work. Fair remuneration package.

Cons

Location. Not much else I can think of.

7. "Nice place"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shipley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England

I have been working at Consult Red full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible and fun to work here

Cons

Perhaps more team building activities

8. "Great People, Boring Jobs"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Software Consultant in Shipley, Yorkshire and the Humber, England, England

I have been working at Consult Red full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lovely people, Good salary for Yorkshire, Laid back work

Cons

Shuffling people across the projects, Carnegie brainwashing, Remote outsource job from the UK office, Lack of involvement, Lack of products, Lack of management

"Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Consultant in Leeds, England, England

I have been working at Consult Red full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Interesting mix of work, and you are encouraged to expand your skill set. If you show enthusiasm and ask, there is career progression available to you. The management is open, accessible and willing to discuss most things. There is a good work life balance and a good bonus if performing well.

Cons

While most projects are interesting, some of these projects there is little scope to improve skills and are a little repetitive. Due to being a consulting company, the processes of companies you are consulting for may not be ideal. Sometimes the management does not communicate well about what's going on in the company as a whole as well as they could do.

Continue reading

"Good Employer"

I have been working at Consult Red

Pros

Flexible Work Time. Management is good. Very nice colleague.

Cons

Few things to learn, repeated job

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Reviews