Countrywide plc Reviews

Updated 28 Apr 2021

3.2
Countrywide plc Group Operations Director Paul Creffield (no image)
Paul Creffield
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great Place to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Newcastle upon Tyne, England, England

I have been working at Countrywide plc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Progression, great atmosphere, clear goals and managment

Cons

Can't really think of anything

2. "UNCARING"

2.0
    Current Employee - Property Manager

I have been working at Countrywide plc full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice colleagues to work with. Staff rewards ie discounts on cinema vouchers, Sky TV, some mobile networks etc. Decent holiday entitlement

Cons

The upper management have no idea of the pressures the PM's are under and yet seem surprised when someone hands in their notice. ALL of my colleagues in my team have confirmed that they are having sleepless nights and are suffering with stress and anxiety due to the constant pressure and lack of support from upper management. If someone doesn't take responsibility and start looking at how the PM's are looked after there will not be any experienced people left and that will inevitably lead to very unhappy landlords and tenants and that can only be bad for business.

April 19, 2021Recruitment Partner

Hi I am so sorry to read this and really do appreciate you taking to the to bring to our attention. Staff Well being is at the forefront of our mind even more so at the moment. If you are not feeling that we are supporting you and your colleagues, then please, please do contact me so we can discuss further in confidence. Our people really do matter to us very much - richard.barrett1@countrywide.co.uk

3. COVID-19

"No progression unless your the easy option."

2.0
    Former Employee - Lettings Negotiator in Nottingham, England, England

I worked at Countrywide plc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some great people to work with and learn from and the trainer/training was good until that changed as well.

Cons

Where to start, Pay never increases despite hitting targets consistently. Told I was in line for promotion due to performance but never given the chance to further progress because there was always an easier alternative person to promote e.g A branch having too many staff and shifting over as apposed to appointing the more experienced and person with the better performance. I had 4 different managers within my first 6 months of working one of which I had more experience in lettings with. The technology is useless and sometimes made the work impossible. Upper management had no clue what was happening with covid and we were forced to open on the first day of lockdown with no idea if we were furloughed and what furlough pay would look like. (this was the final motivation to leave)

March 26, 2021Recruitment Partner

Hi there, so sorry to read your comment,s but really appreciate you taking the time to review us. We are keen to discuss this with you further and would welcome the opportunity to do so . Please email me at Recruitment.Group@Countrywide.co.uk so we can arrange a call if you would like to. Wishing you every success in your future career.

4. "Keen to reward"

Current Employee - Sales Case Handler in Bracknell, England, England

I have been working at Countrywide plc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Generally a pretty good company to work for with reasonable pay and a positive work environment. The company is keen to reward hard work with regular incentives ranging from time off to vouchers and reviews of targets where these have not been achieved to see if there was good reason for this, leading to discretionary bonuses from time to time.

Cons

The IT infrastructure is often problematic, with slow internet and periodic crashes of the main system used.

April 19, 2021Recruitment Partner

Hey thanks so much for taking time to review us and can very much relate to your comments regarding IT. We do have a national project that is ongoing where we are looking to improve this stage by stage. Fingers crossed we will see dramatic improvements in the next 6 months or so . great to see all your positive comments and be assures we really value what you do and the contribution that you make within this group.

5. "Not for everyone. Fine for me."

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Residential Valuation Surveyor in Milton Keynes, England, England

I worked at Countrywide plc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Average basic salary. Good earning potential if want to put the work in. Good people in lower management. Lender clients are among the best around.

Cons

Poor tech. Software issues. Booking system is inefficient. Rubbish company cars. This is to improve soon, hopefully. Rigid operations management. Slow to react to feedback from the field. But will then react suddenly without considering implications. Higher management keen to outsource their strategic thought process to the field team and take credit for their ideas. Persists with field staff who aren’t team players. Willing to sacrifice quality for coverage. Poor benefits. Poor health insurance. Take the well-being of the staff seriously. Ticking boxes for “wellness” CPD with vague platitudes. Introduce specific and helpful training to help them cope with stress and become more efficient.

February 22, 2021Recruitment Partner

Thanks for taking the time to review us and we wish you all the very best in your future career and appreciate your contribution to countrywide. We appreciate and are aware of our IT issues and we are working hard to make things better for customers and colleagues. Would really like to discuss your comments in more detail, please do come back to me - richard.barrett1@countrywide.co.uk

6. "Seems like a good idea"

Former Employee - Mortgage Consultant in London, England, England

I worked at Countrywide plc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company car or allowance There is no pressure to do any insufferable extra-curricular drinks or social events, because all your colleagues are probably too boring or busy at work.

Cons

I keep hearing "good training". There was training. It was a course to satisfy the FCA not to make you a good consultant. It was compact and all theory based. The realities of the job are that it is incredibly dull. Whether it's talking to people who don't want to speak with you, talking with people who don't want to speak to anyone, dealing with an estate agency office full of estate agents, avoiding phone calls from your manager or looking up at the avalanche of pressure and management hit-air speak from above. There is more admin than what one might consider work; but you're targeted on things that take time away from admin. It's a catch 22 cycle of being bored when you're busy and being busy when you are awake.

February 22, 2021Recruitment Partner

Really sorry to read of your experience with us and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further and hopefully make things better . Feel free to come back to me richard.barrett1@countrywide.co.uk

7. "Great career but could be better"

I have been working at Countrywide plc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Opportunities to transfer to other parts of the business

Cons

Poor leadership. Lack of tools to do the job

April 19, 2021Recruitment Partner

Hey and thanks for taking the time to review us - as i am sure you can appreciate the IT issues are at the top of the focus since the recent acquisition. Hopefully we will see real improvements in the the next 6 months or so. I am sorry that you feel that leadership is poor. Would love the opportunity to discuss this in confidence - richard.barrett1@countrywide.co.uk

8. COVID-19

"On the up and up..?"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Countrywide plc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Brilliant colleagues. Definitely a sense of togetherness from peers and those on the same level as you. Pay isn't terrible if you're a hard worker. Working from home will now almost certainly be an easy request to approve after COVID is finished.

Cons

Inside the organisation, at a non-managerial level, you are almost always last to hear news. And that is most likely to be from the Press, rather than Leadership. Current merger with Connells is unsettling for non-branch staff, and not much information around the future plans. The Countrywide name is not a positive one.

9. "Very good"

Former Employee - Sales in Chippenham, South West England, England, England

I worked at Countrywide plc full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Training was very good and thought out

Cons

Nothing to report, and all was good

April 19, 2021Recruitment Partner

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for us - we appreciate it and we value you . Thanks for helping to make Countrywide even better.

10. "Dodgy!"

Former Employee - Lettings Manager in Plymouth, England, England

I worked at Countrywide plc full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great colleagues, company car, benefits

Cons

Didnt agree with processes to con clients

April 26, 2021Recruitment Partner

Hi there Thank you for taking the time to write us a review . We take any inference or allegations of misconduct extremely seriously. Please make contact with me as soon as possible in order to discuss this further richard.barrett1@countrywide.co.uk. We value our people and clients and deal with them in a open transparent and legitimate way at all times.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 392 Reviews