Coupa Software Inc Reviews

Found 644 of over 687 reviews

4.1
Coupa Software Inc CEO Rob Bernshteyn
Rob Bernshteyn
Pros
  • "Exciting customer success focused company(in 40 reviews)

• "Great Culture mixed with a great work-life balance(in 34 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Typical growing pains of a high growth company(in 19 reviews)

• "Work-Life balance is not always great(in 18 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Best job of my life so far!

Apr 30, 2021 - Customer Value Manager in Northeast, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Coupa culture is by far the most differentiating characteristic. The concept alone promotes a unique dynamic between you and your colleagues, one of personal accountability, a bias for action, and a call to stay at task. The inverted org managerial style cultivates personal growth and a mentor-like relationship with management that is far more collaborative vs a more traditional hierarchy. Our recruiting style also reflects our culture and we continuously grow our team with high-quality top performers, innovators, and thought leaders who keep us on the cutting edge, but who also exhibit humility, honesty, and strong leadership skills. Compensation reflects our success, strong performers have room to grow and expand their careers, and the opportunity to carve your own path is there for you to take it. Diversity, acceptance, and tolerance are greatly valued and many charitable opportunities are made possible through the Coupa Cares team. You will always be pushed but also empowered to do your best, and reach further than your goals.

Cons

Coupa grows through acquisition, and the pace at which we acquire new technology is currently at lightning speed. If you can't roll with constant change and work through varying levels of structure with the right mindset this might not be the Village for you. Being a part of the Coupa Village means being willing, again and again, to step outside of your comfort zone and go above and beyond the call of duty. There is no room here for complacency or mediocracy, there are no participation trophies, authneticy is a must.

9 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for posting a review!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Careers at Coupa

Oct 15, 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coupa provides a platform for your career. Great opportunities for growth and advancement if this is what you seek and only bound by your own ambition. Coupa supports, celebrates, recognises and rewards those who strive and achieve.

Cons

It's a busy environment, we can't always do everything we want to so we have to select what will provide the best outcomes for our customers, Coupa and ourselves.

3. The latest conversations about Tech

181 Comments

Tech

34.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Coupa Software Inc~217718
      Join the conversation on
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Solid company to work for, good career opportunities, not a guarantee you'll enjoy yourself

Oct 20, 2021 - Senior Solutions Architect in Solihull, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very flexible working structure, with both remote and office Your career is very much in your own hands, and you have the opportunity to work wherever you want in the business Pay is decent, with reasonable benefits and an ESPP program

Cons

Lack of vision and questionable decision making from some of the top leadership Poor communication at times

5. 4.0

Pretty good company

Oct 15, 2021 - Soluition Architect in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coupa is the leader of the P2P space for a reason; the company is pretty good. People collaborate and there is limited politics.

Cons

Long hours, unstructured approach for performance reviews.

6. 1.0

Is this the White House?

Sep 29, 2021 - Senior Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits but not a lot else!

Cons

Never seen politics like it. Insane levels of corporate nonsense - mostly driven by the ‘terror culture’ someone mentioned in another review. And don’t get me started with the Coupa ‘shuffle’. As a supporting manager myself I’ve been asked to do completely unreasonable things to members of my team - usually because Rob decided there were too many people in the department (which he can’t possibly comment on because he’s not close enough to the detail - despite the deranged micromanagement put in place). A week before the focal review I’m told I have to manage out members of the team who I was about to give good performance reviews. One minute they’re getting raises, bonuses and stock options, the next I’m telling them they’re not meeting company standards and need to go on performance improvement plans!!! It’s all a total joke - join at your peril!

17 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Your experience is not reflective of our culture and I am concerned about the information being relayed to you concerning the focal review process. If you are open to it, I'd like to better understand your position and the information you have shared. Please reach out to me directly.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Strong culture, supportive working environment

May 19, 2021 - Director, Solution Consulting in Oxford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Clear company direction Friendly supportive peers

Cons

Recent acquisitions have strained some departments

8. 2.0
      Current Employee

Joined through acquisition - moderate transition experience

Jan 21, 2021 - Human Resources Generalist in Birmingham, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong market position, steady growth, generous benefit offering in the UK, Restricted Share Units

Cons

Very hands-off in the onboarding, "take it or leave" mentality from CEO towards acquired team members, CEO mentioned on Company-wide call that disengaged employees would be "smoked out" which is a shocking statement!

12 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Thank you for posting a review. We are continuously looking for ways to improve our onboarding experience for acquired companies. Your success is our number one priority. In the spirit of our core values, I'd welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your experience so that we may identify the gaps and address them moving forward.

9. 5.0

Love it

Jan 11, 2021 - Solutions Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, great culture, very lucrative

Cons

None currently, really enjoying it

3 people found this review helpful

VP, Talent

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

10. 4.0

Coupa

Dec 18, 2020 - Senior Solution Architect in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

RSUs and Stock Purchase options

Cons

None to speak of as of yet

VP, Talent

Thanks for posting a review.

11. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

The right place for me

Jul 23, 2020 - Senior Sales Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Coupa provides a lot of opportunity to grow both personally and professionally. The quality of people at Coupa is incredibly high, which encourages you to strive for excellence yourself.

Cons

You have to give your all at Coupa, which isn't really a bad thing. Just don't come here expecting to cruise along.

4 people found this review helpful