Cvent Reviews

3.3
Cvent Founder & CEO Reggie Aggarwal
Reggie Aggarwal
Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance has always been something that Cvent's sales team has struggled with managing over the years(in 96 reviews)

• "Very busy in the run up to and during CONNECT - had to work long hours way past my scheduled timetable and no Time Off In Lieu(in 51 reviews)

"The people make everyday work fun"

Current Employee - Business Operations in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Cvent part-time for more than a year

Pros

- Great people who make work fun - majority are geuinely kind and caring, always willing to help no matter what job - Lots of socials including monthly drinks and different activities - Not one day is the same, always something new and different to do so I never get bored - Management are readily accessible, easy to talk to and not condescending or itimidating - very friendly and treat you as a friend - Good guidance for what I want to do and encouragement when I have new ideas for the office and for my role - Rewarded and appreciated for doing well both in words of appreciation and in salary

Cons

- Location of office - not a great commute for some employees but I guess you can't please everyone and current office also lacks meeting rooms - Some days can be very long - really unpredictable workload in my job role - Very busy in the run up to and during CONNECT - had to work long hours way past my scheduled timetable and no Time Off In Lieu - Seems like Sales always get the most incentives with fun competitions and evenings out - May feel there is bias towards Cvent HQ

2. "good place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Advisor in London, England

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros

culture, benefits, senior management, hiring process

Cons

low pay and little bonus

3. "Good company for young graduates"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros

Development opportunities, great team and good people.

Cons

USA leadership, poor salary, young leadership team.

4. "Would recommend"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Cvent full-time

Pros

Amazing coworkers, friendly atmosphere, great company ethos, many perks such as free social outings. Lovely management

Cons

Can be quite hectic and disorganized work as you always have to coordinate between European, US and Indian teams for every little thing.

5. "Great culture, bad management"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in London, England

I have been working at Cvent full-time

Pros

The people I've met at Cvent will be my friends for life - the company has built a second-to-none culture. I'm positive I'll never work at another company like it. It's also nice to work for the market leader in the space, which Cvent is, unchallenged.

Cons

While the culture between employees is great, there is a lot to be said about the way the management at Cvent handle things. There is a lot of micro-managing, dis-ingenuity, and dishonesty. Cvent also has a bad habit of not paying their people what they are worth - it's not a good way to treat employees, especially when Cvent are lucky to have some of the most dedicated, hard-working, intelligent employees globally.

"Be wary of management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Client Services Representative in London, England

I worked at Cvent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Generous redundancy package, previous management was great

Cons

Cutthroat American corporate behaviour undermining creative European innovation

Continue reading
  7. "Cvent is a Family, Not Just a Company"

Current Employee - Senior Mobile Solutions Specialist in Yateley, England

I have been working at Cvent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people are amazing - everyone works as one team, and it feels more like a family than a company. We're greatly taken care of with an amazing rewards and recognition program, with many perks and incentives. I now work remotely from home, as the company is flexible to suit it's employees - I still commute into our London office to spend time with colleagues, and enjoy every visit.

Cons

I cannot think of anything - I legitimately enjoy working for Cvent, they're the best company I have ever worked for in my 20 year working life.

8. "Great organization with amazing work culture"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at Cvent full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

-Transparency in the work culture -Freedom of expression -Easy access to Senior Management -Defined career path -Amazing product - Market Leader in its space

Cons

- No Cons as such

9. "Great! If you work in Sales..."

Current Employee - Product Consultant

I have been working at Cvent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has fantastic growth, branching out to the rest of the world and becoming leaders in the Event industry. Sales & Marketing often have amazing perks to the job, involving attending fantastic events, pay and other similar benefits.

Cons

Client Services team are not treated with as much respect or rewards like other teams. You spend a lot of your time resolving issues and providing work arounds for clients, but it never gets recognised as its deemed as part of your job. Recognition, rewards and awards always go to Sales and Marketing. As there is a lot of outsourcing out to India, PC's from other regions are not respected well and it takes a lot of effort to prove that you are far more capable than your India counterpart. So you have to do a lot of work initially just to show that you can do your job well, and with the complex products, this can take months to even be on a ground base. If you are high achiever, and appreciate the odd praise here or there to motivate you further, this is not the place for you.

Continue reading

"A lot of career opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Cvent full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

* Cvent Europe is like a well-funded start-up: we have the backing of a huge company (our HQ), but we still have the family feeling in the London office. There are a number of activities organized by the company and also employees to keep the feeling intact. * Since we are growing a lot in Europe, there are quite a number of career opportunities. A lot of managers used to be the first people doing their jobs in Europe a few years ago, and now they are managing teams. * Most of the new hires are sent to the HQ (in the US) for training and orientation. * We have a very diverse and inclusive office. * Overall, Cvent's success gives employees a general feeling of accomplishment.

Cons

* Due to the HQ being in the US, late night meetings/work take place, invading personal time. * The benefit package can be more competitive - seems like US leadership keeps comparing benefits between US and the UK, rather than within the UK market.

Found 954 reviews