Demandbase Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Oct 24, 2019

4.4
Demandbase CEO Chris Golec
Chris Golec
Pros
  • "Work-life balance and flexibility so you feel like you aren't being sidelined as you grow up(in 14 reviews)

• "The company created the ABM category, and continues to lead the market(in 14 reviews)

Cons

"Demandbase - Putting its Customers and its Staff First"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues that work for each other, help each other and celebrate each other Market Leading , Innovative products

Cons

Would be great to spend more time with the colleagues from the different regions

Demandbase2017-10-20

"Demandbase - Superb place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in London, England

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

ABM Leaders who attract some of the best experts in their fields. Great working environment with superb support and frequent opportunities for self-improvement.

Cons

For me, as a remote worker, the office-envy I get when visiting our superb US bases!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Demandbase2017-04-18

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's a really exciting time to be at Demandbase as we're leading the way in product innovation for B2B Marketing and the way businesses approach building their sales pipeline. The company has a great approach to the sales cycle and utilises their own technology to really practice what they preach when it comes to Account-Based Marketing.

Cons

Need to think more as a Global company

Demandbase2017-04-11
  4. "Great company, Great people... growing and changing"

Current Employee - CSM in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

The teams are great and love to work together. I work in San Francisco and it's the first time I've worked at a company where the Sales and CSM managers make decisions together and respect each other, that kind of stuff if infectious so so friction is minimal between our teams. It makes it really easy to work in a positive environment and we can celebrate our wins together without feeling weird about it. We... just had more CSMs join our team so it's good that we are growing our team as our customer base grows. I've been places that don't do that and before you know it you have 50 accounts per CSM.

Cons

There have been a good amount of change to the CX org in the last year but it seems to be less change in the last quarter. My manager changed but it's been a good change.

Advice to Management

Need a longer vision to where the company is going to be in the next couple years. Most of the employees want to buy into the org with so many great people, just need to update the vision.

Demandbase2019-10-24

"Excellent company, great benefits, smart people"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than a year

Pros

* The people are very smart and easy to work with * Innovation is fast * Employees are encouraged to between projects * Dependant health insurance is covered at 100%!

Cons

Some of the perks are worse than at other companies (massages, meals, etc), but the pros far outweigh this

Demandbase2019-10-14
  6. "Market is hot. Company hotter."

Current Employee - Revenue

I have been working at Demandbase full-time

Pros

Incredible upside market. Company transitioning into 250M LOB with incredible sales leadership to get them there. A pre-IPO company that created the category for ABM technology. Some may find it hard to keep up, but really fun, faced paced company with energetic leadership. CEO that is second to none and the best enablement path to ramp quickly.

Cons

Sometimes what got you here, won't get you there.

Advice to Management

Stay the course. Drive new markets, new functionality, and coordination with complimentary SaaS software that can help our customer

Demandbase2019-10-16
  7. "Love working here"

Current Employee - Talent in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for less than a year

Pros

*Market leader *Category creator *Down to earth, approachable, highly capable C team *Company commitment to promoting from within and cultivating professional growth of its employees *Product/Eng is always raising the bar with new product innovations/platform improvements *Sales/CX are best in class; revenue/logos are constantly growing and retention improving *Fantastic benefits/PTO policy... (unlimited/untracked... 3 weeks as a guideline) *Happy employees/great morale. Night and day from my last company *Generous/competitive comp

Cons

None so far really... very happy to be here. Conference rooms can be difficult to book sometimes, and the WFH policy could be a little more flexible.

Advice to Management

This C team is the best I've encountered in my 5 ish year career. Keep it up!

Demandbase2019-10-07

"No longer loyal to the long time employees, they are laying them off to cut corners."

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Demandbase full-time

Pros

ABM leader in the space, CEO could not be a nicer more genuine person, lots of solid employees but rarely get an opportunity to innovate due the strangle hold the board has the Product and their perceived company value. Sales team is extremely solid and has been carrying the lack of product innovation/delivery for years.

Cons

They no longer values or protects the employees who have dedicated their hard work and years of service. They continue to lay off people who make more money and hire people who will work for ridiculous low salaries. Huge amounts of turn over on the product, finance, CSM and sales teams. Over the last couple years the medical insurance has been drastically deflated. They claim it's unlimited vacation but then... passively aggressive say don't take more than 2 weeks. 2 weeks a year is pathetic.

Advice to Management

Appreciate the employees who have stuck around through all of the ups and downs. They believed in the future of Demandbase and put their livelihood in your hands, you owe them a role in the future of Demandbase. It's soulless and tacky and goes against all of our company values which made this an awesome place to work.

Demandbase2019-09-17

"The last two negative reviews are the writing on the wall"

I worked at Demandbase

Pros

Great people with amazing talent and forward thinking minds (a good amount left) Free Lunch Friday’s Good Benefits

Cons

The entire organization has seen tremendous turnover in the past year alone. It’s hard to understand how a company could have so many “Farewell” emails, layoffs, newfound micromanagement and changes to their rules of engagement. It’s very hard to advance in any part of the org when top talent is dragged down and those who strive to reach greater heights are shown the door or find their own way there. Less and less... innovation. More cutbacks on quality tools and a larger focus on putting microscopes to the tenured employees. Large opportunity for competitors to swoop in now that the entire team is feeling what Product has felt for the good part of a year. This company went from best culture to a pretty straight decline in morale.

Advice to Management

End micromanagement Promote more from within Stop sourcing talent from those with years over those with tangible experience and potential

Demandbase2019-10-16

"Great Company with a Great Culture!"

Current Employee - Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Demandbase full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company created the ABM category, and continues to lead the market. ABM continues to be hot, and that creates a really positive energy within the company. CEO is really well liked. The culture is great. Very open. Very friendly. People are willing to jump in and help on almost anything. Strong product team, sales team and marketing team. The company is strong and the opportunity is huge!

Cons

The company moved really fast with product innovation, and needs to make sure everything is in place to support the growth. There was some C level turnover, but core folks are there to continue to grow the business.

Advice to Management

Continue to stay transparent- it becomes more difficult the bigger you get!

Demandbase2019-09-09