Dimensions Reviews

Found 151 of over 155 reviews

4.0
Dimensions CEO Steve Scown
Steve Scown
Pros
  • "Although I am based in the office I do get to spend a lot of time with in the homes where the fantastic people we support live(in 11 reviews)

• "Recognition for hard work and career development(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes short in support workers(in 6 reviews)

• "national minimum wage(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

10 May 2021 - Resourcing Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

great team to work with

Cons

none that i can think of.

Resourcing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review! We really appreciate the great feedback. It's really important to us that colleagues feel supported within their teams. Many thanks, Gemma.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Bad experiences

26 May 2021 - Support Worker
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s a job - that’s all

Cons

I can only speak from my experience at the area I work in. I’m sure other areas of Dimensions aren’t as bad. Cons are as follows - Lack of communication. False promises. Bad management in general. No home/work balance. Management rarely answer the phone. Problems are never solved - same issues in service for the past 8 years minimum. Assaulted several times a week from service users. No regard for employees mental health. Unable to leave work for family emergencies. Extremely short staffed - less than half of staff needed for service to run smoothly. Low pay.

Resourcing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to hear about your experience whilst working for us and to hear that you didn't feel supported by the management. These comments are extremely concerning. Please provide as much detail as possible either through our anonymous whistleblowing hotline on 0800 915 1571 or in writing here: https://www.dimensions-uk.org/contact/making-complaint/. Thank you, Gemma.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Fabulous Team

3 May 2021 - Residential Support Worker in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Team at Cody Road Farnborough Their competency is incredible and I have the best support

Cons

Need more Full Time staff, (Male) would be good to balance the team out

Resourcing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review! We're proud to be providing person-centered support for people with learning disabilities and autism in Farnborough and we are extremely lucky to have valued employees like yourself. Could you nominate a team member for our Inspiring people award? If you would like further information on this, please email resourcing@dimensions-uk.org. Many thanks, Gemma.

4. 5.0

My experience at Dimensions

25 Mar 2021 - Support Worker in Bath, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I`ve started working for Dimensions last February and it was my first experience as Support Worker. I was impressed by how organized the company was in terms of training (despite the many difficulties you can think about considering the hard time we all experience lately) and everyone has been extremely supportive ever since I`ve started working. I am feeling really lucky, my colleagues are amazing and I am very proud to be part of the team and have the chance to give my contribution.

Cons

I cannot think about anything negative so far

Resourcing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review! I'm glad to hear that everyone is supportive, especially as this is your first health and social care employment which can be quite daunting sometimes. Please do let us know if you need any extra support with our health and social care policies and procedures and there will always be extra learning available to you on our learning connect website. Kind regards, Gemma.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing residents

9 May 2021 - Support Worker in Bath, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good support team. Lovely clients.

Cons

Low pay for the amount of work/knowledge that is expected. This is true for most healthcare assistants

Resourcing Coordinator

Thank you for leaving a review and for the feedback regarding the people we support. We're proud to be providing person-centered support for people with learning disabilities and autism in Bath! Thanks again, Gemma.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

An organisation that supports and values staff as well as the people we support

25 Mar 2021 - Bid Writer in Bournemouth, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Friendly and supportive colleagues * Responsive with regard queries throughout the organisation * Clear policy and procedures * Provide reasonable adjustments for disability * Flexible working * The company vision of better lives for more people also applies to staff * Good employment benefits

Cons

* Remote working connections can be slow/reduced access to files on occasion * Fixed term contract

Resourcing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review! We really appreciate the feedback. It's nice to hear that you have had a wonderful experience whilst working with us so far and always great to hear you feel valued in your time. We wish you the best of luck in your journey with us! Many thanks, Gemma

7. 5.0

Friendly and supportive team

30 Apr 2021 - Support Worker in Sheffield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

No stress, really good team, good support from the management

Cons

I don't feel any cons

Resourcing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review! Dimensions really appreciate the positive feedback. I am really happy to hear that everybody shares the same focus on our values. It’s also great to hear that you are part of a team which support each other and you have excellent management. Could you nominate a team member for our Inspiring people award? If you would like further information on this, please email resourcing@dimensions-uk.org. Many thanks, Gemma.

8. 2.0

Dimensions

20 May 2021 - Disability Support Worker in Liverpool, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility in hours, rewarding job and good inclusion.

Cons

Management do not have a clue about the company policies and instead of confronting an issue, they send it to other departments to deal with.

Resourcing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! I’m glad you are enjoying the flexibility of the role. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive employer and we hope all of our colleagues are representing our core values. I'm sorry to read some of your comments you have made here regarding unsupportive management. It's really important to us that colleagues feel supported by their management. If you would be happy to discuss these matters in more detail, we would really appreciate it if you could contact us by email. Please use the email address: gemma.thomas@dimensions-uk.org. Many thanks, Gemma.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent

28 Apr 2021 - Assistant Manager in North Finchley, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good training and development Flexible working

Cons

long working hours when working between service not enough office hours for ALM's

Resourcing Coordinator

Many thanks for leaving a positive review! We’re pleased to hear your comments regarding our training programme and flexible hours. Please let me know at gemma.thomas@dimensions-uk.org if you feel there’s anything the Resourcing department can do to help alleviate your workload if there are not enough ALM office hours. Thanks, Gemma.

10. 5.0

My awesome experience at Dimensions

13 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Rumney, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Senior colleagues are wonderful. They would go extra miles to bring you as a new starter up to speed.

Cons

Short working hours, but can be flexible.

Resourcing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to leave a 5* review. I am glad you share the same outlook as myself and many other employees of the organisation. We look forward to seeing how you will continue to progress within Dimensions! Thanks again, Gemma.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 151 Reviews