DoSomething.org Reviews

Updated 20 Jan 2020

3.6
DoSomething.org CEO Aria Finger  (no image)
Aria Finger
Pros
Cons
  • "Compensation (but I guess that's just the downside of working in a non-profit)(in 6 reviews)

• "No cons to speak of, I loved it(in 3 reviews)

"Not a great atmosphere"

1.0
    Former Employee - Mid Level

I worked at DoSomething.org full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great history of doing cool work which is really exciting for someone mid career looking to learn and be inspired.

Cons

Did not live up to the hype or expectations. Very clicky and lots of micromanagement and people seem to run very hot and cold. Creates a dynamic that is uncomfortable at times and makes it hard to get consistent work done. Not a place you can stay for very long if you want good balance and opportunities to lead.

Continue reading
  2. "some job title review feed"

4.0

I worked at DoSomething.org full-time

Pros

some advantages around the job

Cons

none beside access and advantages

3. "An incredible team with an inspiring mission"

I worked at DoSomething.org full-time

Pros

Working at DoSomething.org gives you the opportunity to work with brilliant and passionate people on an awe-inspiring mission: to transform this generation of young people into the most socially responsible and socially active generation ever. Everyone on staff believes deeply in the mission and collaborates well together to get the important work done. It's also an incredibly fun place to work as the organization has fostered a culture and an environment where you actually want to hang out with your co-workers after work and are genuinely excited to see them on Monday morning. Management also has a philosophy of believing in people from day one, no matter your experience level, and so you are given ownership of real projects right away. This provides an incredible opportunity to learn by doing, develop new skills, and have real career growth. Working at DoSomething.org will change your life forever.

Cons

Obviously I'm a really big fan of the place, so I don't have many cons. Instead I'll say that IMO the type of person who thrives at DoSomething.org is someone who is: - a self-starter - not afraid to ask questions - curious to learn more about the company, the members, your craft - passionate about young people and social change

"Lack of strategic, organizational vision"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at DoSomething.org full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible wealth of knowledge among co-workers, highly collaborative atmosphere.

Cons

There is absolutely no formal HR dept and no solid plan for how to improve management processes. The quality of experience and work-life balance varies highly between tech and non-tech roles. Folks in management positions often have very limited experience managing teams, and there is no plan for how to improve management issues. High turnover in enty-level positions due to limited growth paths within the organization.

5. "company"

I have been working at DoSomething.org full-time

Pros

good as always keep up good work

Cons

nothing as of now. Never seen anything

Continue reading
  6. "Great internship to build skills and experience"

4.0

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at DoSomething.org for less than a year

Pros

Internship gave great avenues to develop skills and be hands on with small to large scale projects. Summer Fridays are a major plus. In general, work is left at the office.

Cons

The team dynamic can become somewhat cliquey at points.

Continue reading
  7. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at DoSomething.org full-time

Pros

Amazing opportunities to grow and make a position your own! Awesome connections.

Cons

Hours can be long depending on what team you're on. You've got to set boundaries and talk to your manager if you feel you have too much work.

"Dosomething review"

I worked at DoSomething.org

Pros

Awesome office Great people fast pace work environment - challenging in a good way

Cons

too much fun - not taken seriously enough - you cant just talk to someone you have to make a meeting with them - even if its just a quick question

9. "volunteer"

I have been working at DoSomething.org

Pros

helping young teens through troubled situations

Cons

I have no cons its a great experience

10. "Love them!"

I have been working at DoSomething.org

Pros

I love how Do something is all about social change. They want to make a difference, and are finding fun and exciting ways to engage students.

Cons

i dont really have any, other than their internship program application is a bit length.

Found 44 reviews