DoSomething.org Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 42 reviews

4.2
Aria Finger
Pros
Cons
  • "Compensation (but I guess that's just the downside of working in a non-profit)(in 6 reviews)

• "No cons to speak of, I loved it(in 3 reviews)

1. "An incredible team with an inspiring mission"

I worked at DoSomething.org full-time

Pros

Working at DoSomething.org gives you the opportunity to work with brilliant and passionate people on an awe-inspiring mission: to transform this generation of young people into the most socially responsible and socially active generation ever. Everyone on staff believes deeply in the mission and collaborates well together to get the important work done. It's also an incredibly fun place to work as the organization...

Cons

Obviously I'm a really big fan of the place, so I don't have many cons. Instead I'll say that IMO the type of person who thrives at DoSomething.org is someone who is: - a self-starter - not afraid to ask questions - curious to learn more about the company, the members, your craft - passionate about young people and social change

DoSomething.org2018-07-09

"Lack of strategic, organizational vision"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at DoSomething.org full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible wealth of knowledge among co-workers, highly collaborative atmosphere.

Cons

There is absolutely no formal HR dept and no solid plan for how to improve management processes. The quality of experience and work-life balance varies highly between tech and non-tech roles. Folks in management positions often have very limited experience managing teams, and there is no plan for how to improve management issues. High turnover in enty-level positions due to limited growth paths within the organization.

Advice to Management

Invest in HR, invest in management training.

DoSomething.org2018-01-04
  3. "company"

I have been working at DoSomething.org full-time

Pros

good as always keep up good work

Cons

nothing as of now. Never seen anything

Advice to Management

keep up good work

DoSomething.org2017-10-31
    • "Great internship to build skills and experience"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at DoSomething.org for less than a year

Pros

Internship gave great avenues to develop skills and be hands on with small to large scale projects. Summer Fridays are a major plus. In general, work is left at the office.

Cons

The team dynamic can become somewhat cliquey at points.

Advice to Management

Give opportunities for more upward mobility

DoSomething.org2017-05-30
    • "Great place to work!"

I have been working at DoSomething.org full-time

Pros

Amazing opportunities to grow and make a position your own! Awesome connections.

Cons

Hours can be long depending on what team you're on. You've got to set boundaries and talk to your manager if you feel you have too much work.

DoSomething.org2017-05-11
    • "Dosomething review"

I worked at DoSomething.org

Pros

Awesome office Great people fast pace work environment - challenging in a good way

Cons

too much fun - not taken seriously enough - you cant just talk to someone you have to make a meeting with them - even if its just a quick question

Advice to Management

hire more adults be more tough on current employees - really a lot of messing around - which is great for some

DoSomething.org2017-01-13
    • "volunteer"

I have been working at DoSomething.org

Pros

helping young teens through troubled situations

Cons

I have no cons its a great experience

DoSomething.org2016-10-06
      • "Love them!"

I have been working at DoSomething.org

Pros

I love how Do something is all about social change. They want to make a difference, and are finding fun and exciting ways to engage students.

Cons

i dont really have any, other than their internship program application is a bit length.

DoSomething.org2016-09-29
      • "Intern"

I worked at DoSomething.org

Pros

Amazing office and work culture; impact driven; extreme belief in their audience and the power of social change. A great intern experience and introduction into what a successful nonprofit and start up environment looks like.

Cons

As they grow, ensuring that impact of campaigns will be crucial as is understanding the organization's mission. This organization is geared towards getting young people STARTED on social impact. Therefore, the scale of their asks might seem small to some activists, but they are essential.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight. It is so important to have thoughtful forward thinking youth and for them to learn the impact that they are capable of.

DoSomething.org2016-06-13
        • "Good first internship experience"

Former Employee - Intern - Monthly in New York, NY

I worked at DoSomething.org

Pros

-Good pay for a nonprofit internship (+ unlimited metro cards helped a lot) -Most of the staff will try their best to make sure interns are busy and doing good work -Free coffee and random free treats pretty often -Potential to do something major if you put in hard work and have good ideas -Awesome office space -Potential to meet amazing people (interns and staff have so much potential)

Cons

-There was sometimes a pretty high level of unprofessionalism on part of the upper-level management (though the old CEO is gone so I'm not sure how things are now) -Favoritism is an obvious issue -High turnover made projects difficult to continue and follow up with

Advice to Management

I understand DoSomething is a liberal organization, but please exercise a little more professionalism (and respect for your employees. They're amazing people.). Sometimes it felt like I was at a frat house, not a nonprofit organization.

DoSomething.org2016-06-06