EVBox Reviews

Updated Sep 20, 2021

Found 76 of over 95 reviews

3.7
EVBox CEO Kristof Vereenooghe (no image)
Kristof Vereenooghe
Pros
  • "Rewarding and fast growing environment(in 11 reviews)

• "Very good project, great team and very nice work space(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The company is a definite scale-up at this point, which means it is not free of growing pains(in 6 reviews)

• "rapidly growing, pretty new business area(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Career at EVBox

Jan 23, 2018 - Business Development
      Business Outlook

Pros

EVBox is in a unique position to grow in a very competitive market. With the talent on board and the energy that I've seen with the people, I believe together we can celebrate future successes.

Cons

Benefits packages are limited at the moment.

HR Assistant & Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and your work with us! We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with the training provided at EVBox. We are working on improving benefits packages and look forward to sharing that with employees soon!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee

Nice company to work for

Sep 20, 2021 - Project Manager in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

People, vision, support and knowledge sharing

Cons

Benefits, lower salaries, confusing directions, transparency

3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great work environment

Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The great people at this company care for your well being, success, and quality of your work.

Cons

not too much room to grow, and in need of strict processes.

Employer Branding Intern

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad that you are part of our team!

4. 4.0

Multicultural company

Jul 30, 2021 - Diagnostic Engineer in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You work in a very exciting industry. - Your wellbeing is important to the company - Company is transparent with all the changes with the employees - Great place to work at with like minded and passionate colleagues

Cons

- Can be stressful at time. Still has a startup vibe.

Employer Branding Intern

Thank you for sharing your comment with us. It certainly is an exciting industry, thank you for being part of it!

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Very Bad Experience

Aug 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Nice office - Knowledgeable co-workers

Cons

I have never experienced a hiring process as badly executed as I have with EVBox. After my initial application I progressed through to the final stage of the process, which was a call with one of the C levels, this is where things began to fall apart. The video link HR sent was no longer valid and I could not join the call in time, a new link was sent by the interviewer. I was then told that as I was late and that they use this technology all the time maybe ‘some people i.e., me’ must have difficulty understanding how technology like this works. As the call progressed it became apparent that the interviewer was reading my CV for the first time as we spoke. When it came to my nationality I was then asked ‘Are you some kind of British…’ As it happens I‘m Irish. I’m not particularly nationalistic but being asked something so bluntly and with no apparent understanding of the intricacies of the Irish relationship with Britain is just careless and deeply inconsiderate. Needless to say, I was not left with a positive impression. My worries were allayed somewhat by the very positive impression I got from my potential line manager and immediate co-worker and so I decided to continue in the process, eventually the role was offered to me. However, before I made my final decision, which would involve me relocating, I asked to see their HQ in Amsterdam. The HR rep I had been dealing with all along said that due to COVID they were no longer conducting meetings in their office. This is understandable but I explained that I would still like to at least meet my potential co-workers in person and to see if I could actually live in the city. I was asked if I could pay to fly myself, but I was reluctant to spend hundreds of euro on a last minute plane ticket for a job I was already unsure about. I asked if they could help fund the trip, which to me at least seemed like the usual way these things are done. A definitive response never arrived in sufficient time to allow for adequate planning and so I decided to make a 7-hour car journey and book a hotel at my own expense. When I got back home, we began setting out the terms of my contract which involved negotiating salary, all standard. What happened next is anything but. I was told by HR that the terms I was looking for were absolutely fine and all they needed was sign off from someone higher up who was out of office, the whole process should be completed within a few days. It took 2 weeks before I received a definitive response. Unbelievably the response was that the role had been pulled and they could no longer offer me the position. Apparently, the company decided to close out a lot of their open positions including mine as this fit their overall business direction more. I know this isn’t unusual for small start-ups but for a company the size of EVBox I would not expect this kind of response. I am sure they will try to justify this with the usual ‘but we‘re in a scale up phase, so these things can happen’ but it is unfathomable to me how a company the size of EVBox can make such an important business decision to grow in size, go out into the market, interview a ton of people, make offers and in my case bring someone to the very end of the process, leave me waiting 2 weeks for an update and then say, ‘Sorry we made a mistake…’ From a professional point of view this indicates just how poorly the company is organised at the top and how they lack any clear vision for the business. Unfortunately, this unprofessionalism also impacts how HR organise their hiring processes. From an ethical point of view, it shows how lacking the company is in its treatment of potential employees. Think long and hard about whether this is the kind of company you would like to work for and whether you can trust them in any way to deliver on what they promise. In retrospect I am glad the role was pulled before I moved and that I didn’t start only to find after a few months’ I was fired because this also suited their business needs more. Companies ruin their reputation for behaviour like this and in EVBox‘s case, it would be entirely justified.

2 people found this review helpful

Employer Branding Specialist

We fully understand your stance and take responsibility for the series of unfortunate events that occurred in your interview process. We realize that even though we kept in touch almost daily (either via phone or email), the outcome isn’t as expected. Our apologies once again and we wish you the best of luck in case you decide to take your career abroad!

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Mostly positive, some drawbacks

Jun 24, 2021 - Business Development Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- European companies are better to their employees, generally, than US employers - There are a lot of excellent people here. Culture generally upbeat - Good market ahead for EV charging. Decent product to offer. - Opportunity to travel to Europe - My check never bounced - Overall a good company culture - Ambitious CEO does an overall good job

Cons

- Directed to operate counter to market norms, a failed effort that was a complete waste of time. Then blamed for the outcome. - Company changed a lot after acquisition from Engie - Promised new product didn't materialize - More marketing, events, and order-taking oriented. Field sales not supported - The boss didn't manage well, inexperienced, abusive, and kept on board too long, really drug down everyone's morale. Some left. - Changed comp plan mid-stream in a way that was unfair and demotivating - Was in a difficult position of being told not to share certain things with CEO he should have known

Employer Branding Specialist

Thank you for sharing and being open with us. We take all the reviews seriously and aim to improve the company based on them. Apologies for any uncomfortable position you were put in during your work with us. We recognize some of the things you have mentioned, and have been working on them for the past few years. Meanwhile, we have launched a couple of new products, expanded our teams, and opened a new headquarters in North America. With this (and more), we hope no similar issues arise. Thanks again for your feedback!

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

production

Jun 18, 2021 - Production in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice nice nice nice nice nice

Cons

timing timing timing timing timing

Employer Branding Intern

Thank you for sharing your comment with us!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

assembly

Jul 20, 2021 - Production Assembler
      Business Outlook

Pros

there us none a scam

Cons

No work make promises and never fulfill always said coming next week never did they are scamming money out of libertyville and state bring people in but when probation near the end let got for stupid reason like wrong water bottle

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Branding Intern

We’re sorry you didn’t enjoy the time you had with us. With regards to the regulations you mention, EVBox adheres to specific rules and regulations in the operation center to maintain the safety of the workplace for all employees. It’s the most important thing to us, and also includes liquids other than water on the production floor, wearing safety equipment and face masks, etc. We understand that we’re still in the beginning of setting up our operations in Libertyville which requires work flexibility until we create a process, direction, and safety measures for all. We thank you for your time and wish you success in your career.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great team, inspiring mission

Jun 14, 2021 - Senior Certification Engineer in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

EVBox is a great company: the projects are inspiring, the people are professional and friendly, the managers are skilled and experienced, good benefits, perfect work-life balance, great teamwork. It is the perfect place to learn and grow and bring your experience. In addition to work to build a more sustainable and green future, it is really a plus.

Cons

To improve cross department coordination

Employer Branding Intern

We're certainly looking forward to the green future as well! In the meantime, we're happy that we can provide you with a good working environment. We appreciate the comment!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Would definitely recommend someone to work at EVBox

Jun 7, 2021 - Office Manager in Amsterdam
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great sustainable, green (literally because off all the beautiful plants ) company, open brand new office with lots of spaces to meet or relax, helpful positive colleagues, great coffee (vegan option!) enough car chargers on the premises, WFH policy

Cons

High workload, not to many parking spots

1 person found this review helpful

Employer Branding Intern

We love to see you enjoying the work from home policy! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and advice with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 76 Reviews