Eclipse Legal Systems Reviews

Updated 29 Oct 2020

2.1
Eclipse Legal Systems Owner Steve Ough  (no image)
Steve Ough
  1. "Good"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Credit Manager in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I have been working at Eclipse Legal Systems full-time

Pros

Nice people, nice building. close to shopping center

Cons

None that i can think of.

2. "Awful"

1.0
    Former Employee - Support Consultant in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Eclipse Legal Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you drink tea I guess the free tea is nice. Colleagues were mostly nice with a few bad eggs thrown in for good measure. Unfortunately some of the team leaders were the bad eggs in my time there. Work life balance is as good as it can be I guess. You're never asked to work overtime so that's something.

Cons

Where do I start? - No parking (promise of a space after 5 years service despite knowing full well they don't have the room for any more cars in the cark park. I guess they're counting on nobody having the determination to stay at such a poor company for that long... the system works) - High pressure tactics to get tickets closed. (THE TEAM TO CLOSE THE MOST TICKETS THIS MONTH GET A BEER EACH) omg thanks for the £1.50 bottle of becks! - Really bad software to support (lots of calls coming in none stop) - They hired me on a placement from uni. I started at the same time as 6 others who were just starting out on their careers without being on placement. After a few months the 6 of us had become 3. After a few more months I found out that the other remaining newbies had all been given a pay rise while I was left on my measly 14k package despite having better closure numbers than them. Go figure... - No perks to speak of - Office isn't in the nicest location - They claim to be industry leading case management software and as far as I can tell this is a self claimed title. I find it hard to believe anyone who knows anything about CMS systems would award Proclaim such a title. - Old computers and small screens. - Only a few comfy chairs in the office which if you're luck enough to get hold of will be taken by someone while you've got your back turned. I never had a nice chair but once I took a week off and when I came back my mouse keyboard and draws had all gone missing. really? - You never actually get to meet the development team as they're in the other building. In my 8 months working at Eclipse I never really saw any actual development getting done. Nothing changed so as far as I'm aware the other building is empty or they're all just browsing reddit all day.

""Support""

I worked at Eclipse Legal Systems full-time

Pros

Very few come to mind.

Cons

Poor Management Low Pay Huge Workload - Partly down to the terrible software. CAPITA

"1st Line Consultant"

Ist Line Consultant in Bradford, South West England, England

I worked at Eclipse Legal Systems for more than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers and they give you free tea

Cons

Quite busy and employees are pressured to close calls. Management needs some training and the pay is too small for the amount of work required.

"Need to move with the times"

Former Employee - Developer in Bradford, South West England, England

I worked at Eclipse Legal Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly colleagues who are always happy to help

Cons

Having to pay for parking Old technology and lack of skilling up No job progression No benefits to speak of anymore, used to have bonus, conferences away but no longer. Project management is a disaster with no clear goals or objectives

Continue reading

"A company that is still living in the dark ages"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

I worked at Eclipse Legal Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company takes it's employees for an annual weekend away. - They provide free snacks - Depending on how long you've been with the company, you can get a laptop, an iPad, a parking space if one is available or more holidays.

Cons

- No pension scheme. - Staff are not very helpful. - Employee turnover is quite high within the I.T and software development teams. This is due to using obsolete technology. - The company is far behind with technology and provides no training or support for employees to keep there skills up to date. - They are set in there ways of working and the technology they are using (Progress 4GL) to develop and maintain there "market leading" software. - They claim to be the U.K. leader in legal software, but this hasn't been awarded by an independent body, it is self accredited. - There is no structure, scope or direction in the projects they are working on. The solutions architect and technical director who are responsible for driving the projects are never here and expect you to develop a full working solution with very little or no requirements.

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.