"Frustratingly bad leadership"

1.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Nominet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very capable people, Good benefits and work life balance.

Cons

Clueless executive leadership team who actually have very little experience running a technology company. Company has no direction, constantly changing strategy which frustrates employees. Decision making is so complex and often involves execs who have absolutely no clue and add no value to the decision making process. Back stabbing, politically charged environment which is ridiculous for a 260 person company.

Continue reading

Nominet Response

February 27, 2020CEO

It’s not often that I respond to Glassdoor as we haven’t used or participated in the platform much, but these comments are too acerbic to ignore. Recently we’ve changed our focus, stopped doing some things and dialing up what we do in other areas; this has meant changes for some and exciting new opportunities for others. Our growth and investment in the business overall means we are recruiting for a number of open roles. I really want to create a culture that's collaborative, ambitious and fun. At Nominet, we value people who can roll up their sleeves and deliver. Where we need to adapt to the market dynamics, we hope people can be flexible to adjust to changing circumstances. I fully understand that everyone will not agree with every decision taken, but as a dynamic business we are prepared to change tack when needed. Nominet connects people, businesses and governments to an internet that we help make more inclusive and secure. We aim to have a positive impact on society by improving the lives of over 1 million young people a year through our social technology initiatives, while also reducing our environmental impact. That’s awesome! And I’m very proud of the people here at Nominet that make that a reality. I have faith in my leadership team, the board and everyone here, which is why we’ve grown the business by 50% since 2016 and enjoy high employee engagement levels.

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Lots of Potential"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Information Technology
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nominet full-time

Pros

Purpose driven company with solid pipeline of commercial projects

Cons

Lack of focus on product strategy

"Great culture and work life balance"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nominet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at Nominet are great to work with. They are a great team of people with expert knowledge who want to work together to get the job done well. The company really cares about the wellbeing of the staff. The company is ambitious and wants to improve and add more value, including a great public benefit mission. Very flexible working arrangements and good work life balance.

Cons

The ambition can mean there are too many competing priorities making it hard to focus. Or jumping from one critical deadline to the next without time to breathe. The differences with some of the membership causes instability and distraction from time to time.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Nominet.