Pret A Manger - Keep track of your own wages - left with more than £100 owed to me which I had to claim back! | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Keep track of your own wages - left with more than £100 owed to me which I had to claim back!"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Pret A Manger part-time

Pros

- Free food, almost too much food! - Great people - you'll have fun on your shift as there's always someone fun to talk to. - Really lovely TLs in the store I worked for - they were deserving of their roles and treated us all with respect.

Cons

- Payroll Department and managment weren't great at keeping on top of my hours - had to create own spreasheet to keep track. When I left, I was owed more than £100 and claiming it back was such a hassle. Had to deal with rude and incompetent payroll who were getting their own facts and figures wrong and never apologised for missing 16 hours off my pay. They made it so complicated to claim back money I was owed and I... was made to feel like I was in the wrong and spoken to rudely. Never once did payroll or management admit it was entirely their fault and it's taken me more than 2 months to get money which was due to me - this should have never happened in the first place if they did their jobs correctly. - You can never plan your life because your rota comes out in 2 week increments at best and less than 1 week at worst. There is no structure or consistency for part-timers, sometimes you would be working in the morning, sometimes in the late afternoon. - Management has to always side with customers even if the customer is in the wrong. Frustrating as you you would want and expect them to stand up for you. - Some sort of informal hierarchy forms in terms of how long you've been there and what role you are. Had some annoying colleagues who seemed to think they ran the place and knew everything about it just because they worked there longer even though their role was the same as or just one level above me.

Advice to Management

Management - I know you have a lot of staff to keep on top of but it's your duty to make sure you log their hours correctly, they should not be using their time and effort to have to chase money owed to them. Payroll Department - hire people who can actually work with numbers and have good customer service skills. It was a nightmare dealing with the department and having to explain myself over and over again.

Pret A Manger2018-08-13
  1. "Time doesnt go at all"

Current Employee - Team Member in Heathrow, England

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free food, flexibility, weekly pay, bonus, great management

Cons

Boring job, breaks too early

Pret A Manger2019-09-22

"Kitchen"

Current Employee - Pret A Manager in Gatwick, England

I have been working at Pret A Manger full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay and hard working staff

Cons

Location very stressful management and disorganised

Pret A Manger2019-11-08

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.