Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Keep track of your own wages - left with more than £100 owed to me which I had to claim back!

Aug 13, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Free food, almost too much food! - Great people - you'll have fun on your shift as there's always someone fun to talk to. - Really lovely TLs in the store I worked for - they were deserving of their roles and treated us all with respect.

Cons

- Payroll Department and managment weren't great at keeping on top of my hours - had to create own spreasheet to keep track. When I left, I was owed more than £100 and claiming it back was such a hassle. Had to deal with rude and incompetent payroll who were getting their own facts and figures wrong and never apologised for missing 16 hours off my pay. They made it so complicated to claim back money I was owed and I was made to feel like I was in the wrong and spoken to rudely. Never once did payroll or management admit it was entirely their fault and it's taken me more than 2 months to get money which was due to me - this should have never happened in the first place if they did their jobs correctly. - You can never plan your life because your rota comes out in 2 week increments at best and less than 1 week at worst. There is no structure or consistency for part-timers, sometimes you would be working in the morning, sometimes in the late afternoon. - Management has to always side with customers even if the customer is in the wrong. Frustrating as you you would want and expect them to stand up for you. - Some sort of informal hierarchy forms in terms of how long you've been there and what role you are. Had some annoying colleagues who seemed to think they ran the place and knew everything about it just because they worked there longer even though their role was the same as or just one level above me.

Continue reading
    8 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place high standards

Dec 4, 2021 - General Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great growth opportunities! Great tools given to do the job.

Cons

Inconsistent with standard updates Information always changing Head office isn’t as good

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

a lot of growth opportunities.

May 6, 2022 - Assistant Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth, flexible schedules, good benefits.

Cons

Management was not all informed or well trained.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Pret A Manger.