Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome workplace! Intimate family feeling with AAA projects.

Apr 8, 2019 - Game Designer in Brighton, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly and inclusive No crunch in the 8 months I've worked here Paid internships Helpful and happy colleagues Monthly socials with free bar, kareoke and games Friday lunch Free Breakfast And so much more.

Cons

Being co-dev sometimes gives you the short end of the stick decision-wise, but being flexible is part of the job!

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best company ever

May 1, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Hove, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Without a doubt the best company I have ever worked at. A lot of this is down to the attitude of the company: people come first. They understand that this is not only beneficial, but necessary, because when people are happy and comfortable in their environment they inevitably do better work. Here are some (but not even all) of the many great things about Gobo I've experienced: - Great comfortable office environment, no expense spared on getting you everything you need. - Great, friendly people from a diverse range of backgrounds. - Amazing perks and benefits: Fully stocked kitchen for breakfast, lunches cooked by a professional chef every Friday, free drinks and snacks (including beer ;) ), trips out both for entertainment and work-related conferences like GDC, free gym training classes once a week. - Zero (and I mean zero) crunch (and I've worked here for over 3 years). - Amazing support from upper management, but also from compassionate team leads who take the time to help you in your work and career. - Fully open to progressing your career internally, whether that be to a more senior position, or even another discipline entirely. All this while having the opportunity to work on AAA games with world class publishers and developers.

Cons

I honestly can’t think of any. Other reviews have mentioned the problems of co-development (non-ownership of the entire game and input on features), but the projects and teams we work with can be quite different, and some publishers and developers can be very open and accommodating. In fact, the co-development and multi-project nature of the work we do means jobs are very secure.

Continue reading
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A workplace to be proud of

Apr 29, 2020 - Senior QA Tester in Hove, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Studio Gogbo for three years after moving to Brighton & Hove and in all that time, I've never regretted joining the studio family. When I first started, Gobo was a relatively small studio - we all fit in one room for our studio meetings! Now, the workforce spans multiple studios but has always maintained the "feeling" and culture of a small studio - people-focused, honest and caring. This is especially evident during the current health climate brough on by the coronavirus pandemic - the support and care we receive from all levels of management and disciplines is amazing and really makes us feel together as one (even when we're apart). From the most senior manager to the newest recruit, Gobo's focus is on making its people the most important aspect of everyday worklife - and it shows. Everyone here - myself included - are proud to say that we work here and have represted that at conferences and expositions across the UK and the larger global development community.

Cons

Sometimes, you may get distracted by the studio dogs - they're just too adorable to not pay attention to!

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Studio Gobo.