Cover image for Studio Gobo

Studio Gobo

Engaged Employer

Studio Gobo

Add a Review

The studio that reconciled me with the video game industry - Game Designer Studio Gobo Employee Review

1. 4.0
      28 Jun 2019
      Game Designer
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Brighton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

In my previous studio I was a number, a ressource and we were policed for the time we arrived to work. I was stressed and felt horrible there. Here I finally am treated as a human, an adult and a professional. How crazy is that?? - Management trusts you to do your job in the way you want. - calm and stress/crunch-free work environment. They listen and react if there is a problem. - They are not afraid to congratulate you when you do a good job. - free drinks/cereal/breakfirst/icecream - social events on fridays - a chef comes every friday to cook for us. -you can bring your dog to work! -The studio is full of very friendly people with lots of clubs -Interesting & different AAA projects. They let you choose wich one interest you the most to work on. -very open minded studio that is trying to improve its culture continusly

Cons

-The only real thing I see is the fact that Gobo is a codev studio and it can be a bit frustrating to only work for other people's project at times. -There is a small lack of very experienced game designer in the studio.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
        15 Nov 2023
        Talent Acquisition Specialist
        Current Employee
        Business Outlook

Pros

- Exceptional studio environment. - Excellent perks/benefits package. - Fully flexible: Remote/Hybrid/Onsite. - Incredible senior leadership team. - Very talented team of developers. - Exciting AAA projects. - Great location: Right outside Hove station. - Dog-friendly studio. - Challenging & rewarding work

Cons

I can't think of anything.

1. 5.0
          3 Oct 2023
          Principal Engineer
          Current Employee, more than 5 years
          Hove, England
          Business Outlook

Pros

Welcoming and chilled vibe, with a good studio support structure. Many varied opportunities for stuff to work on with well respected partner studios. Great location in Hove with access to all the vibrancy Brighton & Hove has to offer. Good work / life balance.

Cons

Studio demographic skews a little young, so there are less opportunities for senior to learn from peers. Some co-dev engagements have been less engaging then others in the past. Brighton and Hove are quite expensive places to live (esp housing).

Discover more reviews about Studio Gobo.

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

RFP Coordinator

I have a 5 year gap in my work history due to an illness. How do I explain this? I can't lie, SSD is on my background check as a previous employer. I am on it and looking to re-enter the job market and get off of it, but I understand it is a reason for employers to pause in hiring me.

0 Comments

Senior Associate

How do you interview for a position when you are under-qualified based on seniority but not based on skills? I currently serve as a senior associate for a reputable consulting firm, and I have an interview for an associate director position. However, I am just shy of the minimum YOE requirement included on the job application and relatively young (though I meet all of the other requirements). Any advice on convincing the hiring manager I am ready for a mid-level role?

0 Comments

EY

Had 4 behavioral interviews for a position last week. Last Friday (which was the last of the four interviews), the interviewer spent most of the interview selling me on the job and didn't ask me any questions. She ended the interview by saying she thinks I am confident and would be a great fit for the role. I took this as a good sign but giving it's 2023 you never truly know. Has anyone ever had an interviewer do something similar and not gotten the job?

5 Comments