Studio Gobo - The studio that reconciled me with the video game industry | Glassdoor.co.uk
  1. "The studio that reconciled me with the video game industry"

Current Employee - Game Designer in Brighton, England

I have been working at Studio Gobo full-time for more than a year

Pros

In my previous studio I was a number, a ressource and we were policed for the time we arrived to work. I was stressed and felt horrible there. Here I finally am treated as a human, an adult and a professional. How crazy is that?? - Management trusts you to do your job in the way you want. - calm and stress/crunch-free work environment. They listen and react if there is a problem. - They are not afraid to... congratulate you when you do a good job. - free drinks/cereal/breakfirst/icecream - social events on fridays - a chef comes every friday to cook for us. -you can bring your dog to work! -The studio is full of very friendly people with lots of clubs -Interesting & different AAA projects. They let you choose wich one interest you the most to work on. -very open minded studio that is trying to improve its culture continusly

Cons

-The only real thing I see is the fact that Gobo is a codev studio and it can be a bit frustrating to only work for other people's project at times. -There is a small lack of very experienced game designer in the studio.

Advice to Management

Keep up that great culture you have. Thank you for making me love the video game industry again :) If you end up doing your own project you will be the best place to work ever!

Studio Gobo2019-06-28

Other Employee Reviews

1. "A career highlight!"

Current Employee - Art in Hove, England

I have been working at Studio Gobo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve worked at many studios during my time in this industry. This has to be the most positive experience so far. - Awesome work environment. - Surrounded by exceptional talent that help push you in your own ambition. - You get to work on some really interesting and varied projects. - Open, friendly, inclusive and positive studio culture.

Cons

None i can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Studio Gobo2019-09-05
  2. "Great environment and people"

in Hove, England

I have been working at Studio Gobo

Pros

Super fun people Nice benefits and treats Big title projects Conference visits Weekly prepared lunch Outside of works groups that do activities Fully fitted kitchen free to use Management is very transparent

Cons

Not the greatest if you're looking to progress your career. Little mentoring or individual feedback. Not the most ambitious people. Mostly feels like "settled" people that simply do their "9 to 5" and call it done.

Advice to Management

The way the employees get treated in terms of "quality of life" is awesome however it doesn't really feel like there are a lot of people that inspire or motivate to actually create great things and learn from each other. I feel/see often people get a bit too laid back and take advantage of the flexible hours.

Studio Gobo2019-09-30

Discover more reviews about Studio Gobo.