EssentialSkillz Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

EssentialSkillz Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2019

4.9
EssentialSkillz CEO Julian Roberts (no image)
Julian Roberts
  1. "Company culture that puts you first"

Current Employee - Content Writer in Chester, England

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've never had the chance to work with such a switched on employer before. The company culture is incredibly open and supportive, and from my first day I definitely felt like part of the team. Focused management teams Great work-life balance and flexi-time Company benefits and events are brilliant Amazing workspaces

Cons

So far I haven't found any. None to report!

EssentialSkillz2019-08-22
  2. "A company that makes Mondays not so bad after all!"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Chester, England

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great place to work where you can gain new skills, keep improving and feel like you're making a difference. Very friendly colleagues and a relaxed working environment.

Cons

Can't think of anything. Keep up the good work!

EssentialSkillz2019-08-20
  3. "A great place to work."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Chester, England

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A great culture. Everybody pulling on the same direction and happy to help each other when needed. Continual growth year on year. Always looking for new products and markets to take the company forward to the next level.

Cons

Nothing comes to my mind.

Advice to Management

Keep on developing and pushing into new products and markets. Put a pension scheme in place for all. Company wide bonus scheme to celebrate success.

EssentialSkillz2017-11-03
  4. "Forward Thinking - Excellent company to work for."

Current Employee - Digital Marketing in Chester, England

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management - Management at EssentialSkillz have been better than any company I have previously worked for. Being able to express ideas from a new stand point and see higher level actually interested makes you feel like you are part of the entire organisation and not just a number. Staff - I've never seen so many people motivated to work for a company and see people genuinely excited to work on a product that... helps customers it is like a big family. Offices - We have two offices with the headquarters being the modern office in Ireland, I work from the Chester office which is lovely and close to everything we need in the UK. Learning - My skills within design and coding have increased tenfold since working here, everyday I'm presented with new challenges which allows me to learn the latest technologies and see them working in live environments. Flexibility - Being able to work from home if I need to is also a massive bonus and trusting staff with this is a really nice thing as well. Just an all round good company to work for.

Cons

None that I can see so far. Maybe we could jazz up the Chester office a little!

Advice to Management

Invest in the staff at the company and keep the culture as it grows, the atmosphere of a small company can be lost very easily and its a huge bonus to working at EssentialSkillz.

EssentialSkillz2017-11-02
  5. "Great, friendly place to work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Chester, England

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Open an collaborative culture. Genuine desire to win and keep business by creating value for the customers.

Cons

None really. Being an SME there is limited scope for a major role change, but the rate of growth means opportunities will arise.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Introduce a holiday purchase scheme on salary sacrifice to allow top up of annual leave.

EssentialSkillz2017-11-02
  6. "No other place to be!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

One of my colleagues added that this is like a big family, well that's exactly how I would put it, just great people to be around, a CEO who is not a name above a door but a friend to us all, makes this the perfect place to be oh and by the way, a fantastic product to add to this great company!

Cons

I would like to find one so that it doesn't look biased amongst us, but I really can't!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, it works!

EssentialSkillz2017-11-01
  7. "My Time with EssentialSkillz"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Cambridge, England

I worked at EssentialSkillz full-time for more than a year

Pros

A great company with great people and management team who understand the value in looking after their staff. Thoroughly enjoyed my time working at EssentialSkillz and resigned and left with a very heavy heart to take up a new position in another company that was just too good an opportunity to turn down. They are a small, very well run, financially stable forward thinking company who will continue to go from... strength to strength because not only because of its products and services but it's people as well. I have never worked with a more friendly, capable, quality of service driven group of people in all my years in working and owning businesses.

Cons

Absolutely no negatives whatsoever, great company, great products and services and great work ethos.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, never change.

EssentialSkillz2017-11-01
  8. "The EssentialSkillz family!"

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's a great place to work - it really is like having an extended family. Everyone is so positive and helpful.... great work atmosphere, great social side to the business and great people to work with.

Cons

None that I've experienced so far.

Advice to Management

The company is growing quickly - keep the lovely family atmosphere as you grow!

EssentialSkillz2017-10-31
  9. "Always happy showing up for work"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time for more than a year

Pros

Managers are very helpful and approachable New ideas are always welcome All colleagues are very capable and trustworthy The company respects that you have commitments and a life outside of work

Cons

None so far! Great place to work

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

EssentialSkillz2017-10-12
  10. "Product Implementation Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galway

I have been working at EssentialSkillz full-time

Pros

I like the team dynamic and that everyone is so helpful and willing to give their time and advice. There is a culture of nurturing new employees with an emphasis on growth, improvement and development. I would happily recommend this company!

Cons

There is not much to complain about!

EssentialSkillz2019-09-18