Executive Jet Management Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Executive Jet Management Reviews

Updated 9 Nov 2019

2.5
Executive Jet Management CEO Brian Hirsh (no image)
Brian Hirsh
  1. "Not a good place to work"

Current Employee - Captain

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay-Which I had to negotiate with the owner. If was up to EJM the crew would be below industry average. 401k

Cons

Health insurance use to be excellent. Big decline in the past 3 years. Management tries to run it like NETJETS. Doesn't work with owner aircraft. New policy of itemized receipts fot all travel expenses, including meals,hotels etc. This is not industry standard for corporate aviation. Poor communications through out headquarters. Trip sheets are consistantly full of mistakes leaving it up to the pilots to catch... and correct.

Advice to Management

Don't try and duplicate NETJETS. IT"S NOT. Listen to the gripes of pilots about some of the ridiculous new policies, before there are no pilots to listen to. Pilots are talking with owners about moving their airplanes to a different management companies.

Executive Jet Management2019-11-09
  2. "In Decadence"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Teterboro, NJ
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Executive Jet Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits, 401 Match contribution. They certainly survive under the Berkshire umbrella otherwise they will be out of business.

Cons

Double standards, lack of communication between teams, they fail to see the strengths of their team

Advice to Management

New leadership at all levels required

Executive Jet Management2019-09-27

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Maintenance

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time

Pros

Easy to work with, people

Cons

Do not have any cons

Executive Jet Management2019-08-07

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Executive Jet Management full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay slightly higher than competition

Cons

If their job posts were honest: "Are you looking for a job? Our revolving door is open! Even our CEO position is a revolving door, that way upper management has zero accountability. Do you like mediocrity? Great! Everyone here gets a 3 out of 5 and the same cost of living adjustment." Requirements: -Ability to agree with management -Lack of logic as contradictory policies change daily -Willingness to lie to... cover for company wide incompetence Preferred qualities: -Good at small talk -Zero Corporate Aviation Experience Benefits -You may get to look at an airplane in a hangar

Advice to Management

Competency

Executive Jet Management2019-06-06

"Ambivalent Political Operation"

Current Employee - Pilot in Teterboro, NJ

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Health, vision and dentist insurance , 401k contribution is ok.

Cons

Lack of schedule, high turn off on Pilots, lack of structure for pilots to have a good quality of life, upper management never respond emails.

Advice to Management

There is a Huge GAP of communication between pilot level and upper management which turns out in a reactive management form instead of a proactive form. Lot of clientelism in upper management.

Executive Jet Management2019-04-16

"Great Company to be a part of"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The Flight Center is a fast paced environment. The job can be challenging, but you leave work each day feeling accomplished and I certainly feel valued by each of my managers. If fact, all the managers are good human beings, care for their employees and just like us have a challenging position. The company is poised for good growth and the benefits / pay is good!

Cons

Some negative attitudes in the company, but a large majority are great people who work hard. You'll find the negative people and underperformers anywhere really. I anticipate management will probably be weeding these people out soon. Everyone knows who they are.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and weed out the underperformers who blame everyone else under the sun but themselves.

Executive Jet Management2018-07-07

"Don’t Listen to the Naysayers, it’s a Great Company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- The company is investing time, effort and money in the employees through management training, which I’ve found very valuable, bonuses and career development. - I’ve been given the opportunity to represent the company at industry events, which was a little nerve-racking, but overall a good experience. - I feel valued by my department and specifically my Team.

Cons

- It’s a tough location if you want to leave for lunch, as there aren’t many options in the area.

Advice to Management

If you have employees that aren’t performing and are miserable (like several reviews on here) encourage them to leave. It brings down the morale in the department and we’re all too busy already to pick up their slack.

Executive Jet Management2018-07-05
  8. "captain"

Current Employee - Captain in Cincinnati, OH
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Professional and safety conscious organization.

Cons

The pay scale is average to slightly below average- not near the top of the industry standard.

Executive Jet Management2018-07-07

"Not a good place anymore"

I have been working at Executive Jet Management full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits. Free lunches occasionally. Backed by Birk

Cons

Leadership - or should I say lack their of. Having been here close to 10yrs I can honestly say most of the negative reviews here are mostly accurate. Company is understaffed in many areas most “managers” are that in title only and do nothing to run their departments as they should. They recently sent them through manager training with a 3rd party and that seems to have done nothing and I’ve heard many of them... bashing it and dreading attending the classes. In many departments the majority of the people are unhappy and looking elsewhere for work. There is no collaboration between departments and as a whole the company is very inefficient and no one knows who does what. Zero development - if you want to move up you just better stay on ride side of management cause there is zero development or succession planning here. Almost everyone with tenure in the company has bailed out and moved on in the past year. Almost everyone in my dept has been applying for new jobs cause there is no future here. Most departments have zero training programs to teach from which only makes it worse. Employee reviews are between a joke and non existent and no mater what you score you will get the same crappy raise that someone who was at the bottom got. No projects gain traction long enough to work, with the revolving door of CEOs since I’ve been here the direction of the company is constantly changing. The suits in Columbus strangle this company and prevent it from growing or developing as a normal company would. Pretty sure if AJ could “undercover boss” this place he would be mind blown at how dysfunctional it really is. Technology - plain and simple there is none which is mind blowing for this size company this day in age. We are advanced as a 10yr old copy of MS Office.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking you are soo good at what you do, get out and truly engage the employees and find out what it’s really like. At the rate things are going I think it’s a real possibility this company does not exist in a few years. People here are tired of the BS from management in the meetings we see what’s really going on daily and we are no buying your BS. You wouldn’t need to send out employee surveys if you... were in touch with employees and actually had a clue of what really goes on in each dept and how people felt. EJM was once a great company full of wonderful talented individuals but now it’s a stepping stone along ones aviation career journey.

Executive Jet Management2018-08-01

"Upper Management is the worst."

Former Employee - Maintenance Technician in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Executive Jet Management full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people who work there are dedicated and are a joy to work with.

Cons

Management - the worst upper management I have ever worked with. EJM; to change there overall dynamic, needs to purge the ineffective, inflexible to change upper management team. (other than what NETJETS tells them - and most of the time NJA has no idea of what we do at EJM, our upper management are too scared to act on there own. therefore, most of the decisions NJA makes on our behalf are not made to the... overall benefit of EJM-and our management (EJM) just lets it happen.

Advice to Management

Get out of your offices and meetings with each other and engage the employees that work for you. LISTEN to them. And if you want EJM to be the company it used to be (awesome), you need to stand up to the shear stupidity of NETJETS....don’t be so scared.

Executive Jet Management2018-07-28