F5 Reviews

4.0
F5 President and Chief Executive Officer Francois Locoh-Donou
Francois Locoh-Donou
Pros
Cons
  • "Continued issues with middle management chains not on board with changes(in 32 reviews)

• "Huge management and upper management team that has no idea what to do(in 24 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Good company"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chertsey, England

I have been working at F5 full-time

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

None really, supportive company and flexible

2. "Very good"

Current Employee - NSE II

I have been working at F5 full-time

Pros

very good to progress with your professional life

Cons

nothing bad, maybe there could be better work life balance

3. "Excellent company to be part of"

Current Employee - Senior Director in London, England

I have been working at F5 full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great people, excellent CEO & Leadership team, culturally the best company I've ever worked for and I've worked for a few good ones.

Cons

Occasionally obsessive from an HR perspective which can come across as a litle condescending, however this is minor in the grand scheme of things

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at F5 full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

F5 is a great company to work for

Cons

Evolution of portfolio will need to be proven

"Great company heading the wrong way...but not too late"

2.0

I worked at F5 full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Fair base salary, Restricted Stock on a very generous vesting schedule. Nice colleagues who are very helpful and open to supporting whenever required. Great legacy reputation and legacy industry leader in application service delivery. Caring and supportive environment in which to work.

Cons

Company over-focuses now on HR matters (program after program after program) and appears to have lost it's laser focus on a clear technical mission. They spend far too much time talking about people programs and rarely talk about deep technology futures. We are a technology company that has become caught up in the West Coast Nice HR wave. Of course, people are important - we are what makes F5 great. But when every HQ message, company meeting and investor analyst meeting starts with 15 minutes of love-in about our Human First culture, or our BeF5 values, I really think it is turning off a large segment of the company employees and probably shareholders too. We all GET IT. We care about our people, as we rightly should. Now, let's turn to what technology is going to make us great again. The D&I agenda at F5 has gone off the charts. Yes, it is an important agenda and needs to be addressed, but it is as if the pendulum has swung to the opposite extreme. It took decades to get to where we are. Trying to fix it overnight isn't the answer. There is a large part of F5 who feel they can forget about promotion chances if they are a while male. I am all for affirmative action on a level playing field. But I really am starting to question if the playing field is level at all. The technology vision has become too wide. By trying to be in front of every app, anywhere, we are late in our release schedule or of poor quality to just about any app, everywhere. Insufficient investment is going into legacy maintenance while big bucks are being thrown at the $1.7B of investment made in two companies that will take years to show any real incremental value to the company bottom line. Elliot Capital has taken a stake in the company, I am guessing, for this very reason.

Continue reading
  6. "Overall Great Company to work for"

4.0
    Current Employee - Sales Planning and Analytics Manager in London, England

I have been working at F5 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I think this is the best company I've worked for. The people are super friendly and helpful. I personally didn't experience much in the world of politics that exist at many other orgs, everyone was always very nice to me. We have a fantastic CEO and I really enjoyed working with my manager.

Cons

Very fast paced which is good but sometimes we don't move at the same speed. Too much data- this creates a lot of confusion for sales teams and amount of time spent in resolving data related queries takes away from the strategic planning aspect.

Continue reading

"Not the great company people seem to think they are"

2.0
    Former Employee - Sales Operations Specialist - Renewals in Chertsey, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at F5 full-time for more than a year

Pros

F5 do offer a good benefits package but not any better than a lot of other companies.

Cons

Before I accepted the job at F5, I asked friends in the industry their thoughts and everyone advised they seemed like a really good company, this couldn't be more wrong from what I experienced there. The company is extremely segregated, departments don't integrate, even certain desks are like prison cells so you can't even talk to your colleagues. There was plenty of work to do as no processes are automated and god forbid you would suggest making a change.......you are met with a response of 'this is how we have done it for the last 10 years'. The worst experience was the incompetent managers, most of the managers had clearly never managed a proper sales team and were clearly working from the 'Sales for Dummies' handbook, the other managers don't even bother to show face in the office. F5 say they offer modern flexible working, you almost feel like you need to beg to be able to work from home and be treated like an adult and if you are given permission, you still need to submit an official ticket for approval. One thing that they neglect to tell you in the interview is that no holiday is approved for the last two weeks of every quarter, including the Xmas period, you have to been in the office on all days except bank holidays. All in all, for a company who is trying to move their technology to the present day, their working environment is stuck in the 90's.

"Good managers"

Current Employee - Enterprise Network Engineer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at F5 full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Direct managers are friendly, understanding and helpful to most of every ways. They give you flexibility and freedom as long as you are doing your job.

Cons

I had issues with HR. Protect yourself.

9. "F5"

Current Employee - Sales Operations in Birmingham, England

I have been working at F5 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent culture and work / life balance

Cons

Management, too bureaucratic some managers have very poor skills

10. "A company that is going places!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at F5 full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Been with F5 a while and still getting the opportunity to work on new things as we continue to grow and scale which keeps me continuing my own personal and professional development.

Cons

Any pros would outweigh the cons

Viewing 1 - 10 of 941 English Reviews