First Derivatives Reviews

Found 398 of over 659 reviews

3.3
First Derivatives CEO Seamus Keating
Seamus Keating
Pros
  • "Getting to travel, expenses package(in 79 reviews)

• "The opportunity to travel and work at large investment banks(in 78 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Might end up staying a period of time in Newry/Ireland based projects(in 59 reviews)

• "More communication with those out on client site(in 34 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

286.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=First Derivatives~35766
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Hhhhh

Jun 23, 2022 - Technical Services Analyst in Belfast, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

It is very good and fun

Cons

It can be hard sometimes

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

FD

Jul 28, 2022 - Calypso Support Analyst in Belfast, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fair salary and benefit package

Cons

Has changed drastically in recent years

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

You’re on your own

Jun 29, 2022 - kdb+ engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can get placed in a major bank easier than going through the hiring process with the bank directly

Cons

You’re on your own , in almost every way you can imagine. If you need to contact your manager, HR or anyone in the company, expect a long wait for a reply, if it ever comes. Review process is terrible, salary isn’t linked to performance, and reviews are for basically show. Will be completely ignored if you need something from the company. Mental health is a policy on paper, not in practice. The image of FD on social media is nothing like the experience of working here

Continue reading
      9 people found this review helpful
    4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Easy path into software

Jul 2, 2022 - Data Scientist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Plenty of interesting projects, but luck involved in getting a good one. Shift towards investment in R&D recently. Good entry into software for grads with less technical backgrounds.

Cons

Plenty of terrible projects. New compensation package doesn't match the expenses package previously offered.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good company to get many project experience

Jun 9, 2022 - Business Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to many project experiences.

Cons

Typical con of every consulting company.

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

Jun 3, 2022 - Financial Engineer in Newry, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Salary is ok and expenses

Cons

No comment on this one

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

false advertising, wish i listened to the reviews on here before i joined

Jun 7, 2022 - Financial Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

people on the projects are actually really nice. not stressful technical training programme is great (pity you dont get to actually use it)

Cons

- joined on the Data stream and was really eager to start learning about data. got thrown into a project that had nothing to do with data before my induction month even finished. (was told to finish my induction in my own time). tried to ask to move after 6 months of hard work, they didnt care. just kept promising id get my move soon. glad i didnt listen and went and got a job elsewhere. - the finance side of the 'CMTP' programme is a waste of time. Most people have the answers to all the questions in every exam and the company know this. - just felt like another clog in the wheel, they don't care about grads, most of my intake has already moved on to other companies in less than a year. it feels like the motto is 'get as many people in the door as we can to make up for the turnover'

Continue reading