G-Research Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 9 Sep 2019

Found 30 reviews

4.4
  1. Featured Review

"Probably the best company I'll ever find"

Current Employee - Software Developer in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Incredible compensation. - Everyone here are really smart. - People get their responsibilities right. You literally never have to spend time fixing other people's stuff. You will almost never feel like you could do it better, no matter how smart you are. I've never seen any other workplace in the IT industry where this was true, and I've had a few jobs before this. - Very relaxed work environment. The work... hours are great. No unneccesary pressure for management / clients. - Well equiped office, free soft driks and fruits. - Friendly, soical, trusting company culture, lots of great events. - Great tech solutions for most of the problems. Quite nice attitude about the stuff that could be better, and very hard drive to improve them. - Literally everything about the company makes you feel highly valued, and that you are important here. - A lot of opportunities to learn from others. No matter how smart you are or what your background is, you will feel intellectually stimulated. - Very fast release cycles compared to industry average. - Great management. They really know what they are doing, make great decisions on average, have an really nice attitude about the leadership, they are great at involving the team and handling responsibilities well.

Cons

- Strong focus on security could be a problem for some (I don't mind) - Work from home is not permitted (I don't mind) - Seeing how smart your collagues are, and how much they know that you don't could be a hit to your self-esteem.

G-Research2018-10-14
  2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Talented and intelligent colleagues working towards common goals. - Strong belief that ideas can come from anywhere. - Competitive total rewards packages. - Great socials (including company-paid weekends away) - Central London office locations- it's also an advantage to have everyone based in London as you can easily catch people face-to-face rather than having to rely on calls & emails.

Cons

Previously security measures did sometimes get in the way of processes but, the company is really working to improve this and the positive effects are already coming through.

G-Research2019-09-09

"One of the best places i have worked"

Current Employee - Cloud Engineer in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Yearly trips abroad Free drinks and fruits Very good package Latest technology Casual dress Relaxed environment Very smart and talented people

Cons

Not much career progression No working from home yet

Advice to Management

Develop technical career path

G-Research2019-08-30
  4. "World-class company, world-class people"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at G-Research has been like a breath of fresh air. You are surrounded by ambitious, driven and talented colleagues (some of whom are genuinely world-class experts in their field), which are contagious traits that drive you to improve. More than this, you have the resources and backing to exceed your goals and have a real impact on the company. The salaries and benefits are excellent, there are ample... development opportunities, and the scope of extracurricular activities (including the legendary company weekends away to Europe) is the envy of all my friends. Love my job!

Cons

Historically, I understand there have been some blockers related to security. These are barely noticeable now, continues to improve, and is heavily outweighed by all the other positives. Work from homes opportunities have been limited but, again, are starting to increase.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing, keep listening to employees, and keep taking proactive steps to progress the company – and G-Research will continue to be a great employer.

G-Research2019-08-08

"Too many blockers"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at G-Research full-time

Pros

Some very smart people to work with Good pay and benefits Mixed blessings: Rules limit hours in the office so engineers generally have to leave before 8pm Lack of email outside of the office means getting urgent emails that disrupt your holiday is not an issue

Cons

Very draconian constraints in the name of security make getting work done extremely hard (rubber stamping from various levels of management to make otherwise-straightfoward changes, mandatory spyware-like tools that cause performance issues on workstations and servers, purposeful knowledge siloing, ...) Lack of personal phones in the office and work-from-home options means office-hours life admin can be difficult

Advice to Management

Make empowering the people beneath you a priority and listen to them when they advise that your decisions are getting in the way of their work

G-Research2019-01-24

"G-Research dev"

I have been working at G-Research full-time

Pros

Good code base. Company is investing a lot in tech. Excellent work life balance.

Cons

Very siloed organisation. Limited interactions with research.

G-Research2018-10-14

"Good Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good tech, variety of work. Social company

Cons

Structure and progression. A lot of sideways movement, but limited upwards progression

G-Research2018-08-12

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at G-Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company to work for, excellent benefits and opportunity to explore new ideas

Cons

none that pop to mind

G-Research2018-08-09
  9. "IT Administrator"

Former Employee - IT Administrator in London, England

I worked at G-Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young, fast growing tech company.

Cons

Did not see/feel any cons.

G-Research2018-08-08

"Best job I've had so far (and I've had a few)"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at G-Research full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Positive working atmosphere - people help each other out, no prima donnas Smart colleagues - the standard overall is by some way the best I've ever had in a workplace. it's a great place to learn Sensible work/life balance - the emphasis is on sustainable work, no-one is expecting any death marches I find the day-to-day work interesting and challenging - we are trying to get and stay ahead of others in our sector..., so things don't stay still for long Great location It's growing, so there are opportunities for those who might want to end up managing others Solid business model - I think the company is very well placed for the short/medium term (which is as far ahead as I care to predict) Decent pay Reasonable selection of soft drinks, although I am still not sure whether Diet Lilt should have made the cut

Cons

Security concerns mean home working is off the menu. Not a problem for many, but a major drawback for me It's growing, so it's not as small as it was - not a problem for me, but some might prefer a sub-100-employee type setup

Advice to Management

If I do personally drift away from G-Research, it will most likely be because of a lack of flexibility in working patterns, whether it's not allowing home working or everyone having to work 5 full days every week.. As the workforce ages (and so more of them have kids), this will become a more general problem in G-Research. Don't let this creep up on you!

G-Research2018-05-11