G-Research Interview Questions

Updated Aug 15, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 261 of over 261 interviews

Recruitment Agency13%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

G-Research

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

Reached first interview which was composed of a series of coding and statistics questions (bayes rule). The coding question was in Python and delt with data structures. They also asked about my previous experience in relation to maths/coding.

Interview Questions
  • Simple bayes rule probability question.
    Answer Question

G-Research

Application

I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

Initially a smooth process. At the second round they said it would have been just a talk about future rounds, but it was instead a technical interview. This is why I don't give thumbs up to the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

62 Comments

Tech

289.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=G-Research~297747
Join the conversation on

G-Research

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process and would recommend applying. They were kind and thoughtful throughout the process and gave me lots of opportunities to understand the company and role. The interviews were relatively tough, with back-to-back interviews for 4.5hrs.

G-Research

Application

I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

The first Stage was doing an exam, with topics from Stats/Finance and a few brain teasers, but hich was relatively easy. The second stage was an interview, with a few brain teasers and a lot of theoretical questions about statistics asked.

Interview Questions
  • Lasso regression, Bias/Variance in the context of decision trees.

G-Research

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research in Mar 2022

Interview

Initial online assessment 1h long. Stats, probably, finance and programming questions. Then another assessment with questions with an employee. To this another interview would have followed on macro topics you could select among a given choice.

Interview Questions
  • There's an NDA to sign. My guess is that questions are standard across quant positions
1 person found this interview helpful

G-Research

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research in Feb 2022

Interview

Passed the first-round interview then waited almost 3 weeks just to hear that there are no teams interested in hiring. Why waste my time interviewing me then if no team was hiring? I guess the first round is just a virtual "OA".

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in Jan 2022

Interview

Exchanges a lot of emails with the recruiters. They replied pretty late without much notice. The recruiters here are less professionals than other recruiters from typical companies in tech space. The second stage is the live proctored written exam. I don't know how hard the exam would be yet but I imagined it would be some college math level.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in Jan 2022

Interview

Multi-stage process: hackerrank, then 2 interviews. The hackerrank consisted both of programming and knowledge based problems, it was somewhat difficult. The two interviews were more difficult, taken with multiple members of software teams within G-Research.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in Jan 2022

Interview

The process consisted of some Online tests, and then 3 further stages of interviews, the first of which was online and then the other 2 were optionally remote or in-person. The interview was professionally ran, although it did take a while to receive the outcomes of each stage.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I interviewed at G-Research (London, England)

Interview

Overall very organised. The wait to take an assessment was at least a month, due to the high number taking place at the time. The requirements in mathematics etc. were quite reasonable for the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 261 Interviews

G-Research Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at G-Research as 50.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.38 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Quantitative Analyst and Quantitative Researcher rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Software Engineer and Software Developer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at G-Research takes an average of 20 days when considering 136 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Developer had the quickest hiring process (on average 11 days), whereas Quantitative Researcher roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 20 days).

Common stages of the interview process at G-Research according to 136 Glassdoor interviews include:

One-on-One Interview: 34.02%