G-Research Interview Questions

Updated Nov 23, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 240 of over 240 interviews

Recruitment Agency14%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

G-Research

Application

I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

They ask you just 3 quite easy algorithmic questions, it is on hackerrank so you immediately see results, no other questions, you can choose if you prefer interview or solving tasks at home.

Interview Questions
  • simple popular hackerrank questions .
    Answer Question

G-Research

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

A test was given before the first interview and if you passed this you got a 1o1 interview with an employee. Maths, statistics and ML questions were asked. These will depend on your own area of expertise and so could include finance.

Interview Questions
  • NDA agreement signed so I can't give specific examples. Classic quant maths riddles etc.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

219 Comments

Join the conversation on

G-Research

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

2h written test about stats maths and computer science, and several rounds of interviews that revolve around the same topics. Revising the basics is necessary for the completion of the written test.

G-Research

Application

I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

A very fair interview including some interesting mathematical discussions. Thoroughly enjoyed the interview. Attended out of pure interest as I am retired. Due the interview I had the pleasure of having a chat with one of the current traders about various topics in mathematics

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

G-Research

Application

I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

Just a conversation on my background and reasons for wanting to join the company. Not much else to report as I didn't get the job. Maybe next time. Hopefully, fingers crossed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

G-Research

Application

I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

Written exam followed by an hour long general interview, then 3 hour interviews on subjects of your choice (e.g. coding, maths, statistics, finance, machine learning). Didn't get any further than this.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at G-Research (London, England) in Sep 2021

Interview

Initial Maths Test containing a variety of questions from the topics of Quantitative Finance, Maths, Statistics/Probability, Programming, Machine Learning. Followed by a "Triage" interview which is basically a face-to-face extension of the initial Maths test. Followed by three technical interviews on three of the above topics, followed by two rounds of interviews with upper levels of management. They really have a high expectation of your mathematical ability, and all the typical stackexchange programming and probability questions they expect you to know inside out. You should be able to reel off answers to these. They give feedback which is great, but they're surprisingly slow and disorganised when it comes to managing the application process. Quite a few hiccups along the way, but perhaps this is just down to moving their whole interview process online. In theory they progress the process as fast or slow as you want.

Interview Questions
  • Sample Maths test can be found on their website online. Generally a mix of the typical Quant Finance brainteasers along with lots of statistics/probability questions. Typical interview programming questions as can be found on stackoverflow.

G-Research

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

Very slow process. Started with a phone call with HR, explaining the possible roles, and checking for my desired compensation and availability (I like going straight to business). The interview was constantly pushed forward, as the hiring manager was unavailable for a long time. The hiring manager did not seem to be organised enough to delegate (part of) the hiring process which did not give a good first impression of the firm. After totally forgetting about the firm, I ended up with an interview being booked several months later. The interviewer did not seem to know how my CV appeared in front of him, spent a long time presenting the firm using publicly available information everybody knows (for that kind of role anyway), then spent a long time presented the possible roles… very superficially. I was asked no question, had to push to extract some information, and I was often told “I cannot give you that information”. From this experience, it seems to me this firm is hiring “Facebook type management” (If you know people in management at Facebook, you will understand…). I cannot tell what it is like for non-senior people, but can only imagine… This process did not go any further due to the lack of cultural fit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

G-Research

Application

I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

60 minute test at home with remote supervision by a third party. Statistics, probability and calculus questions of varying difficulty. It is certainly very hard for a non-mathemetician and requires significant preparation.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

G-Research

Application

I interviewed at G-Research

Interview

Virtual quantitative test on probablity, statistics, machine learning and mathematics. Composed of two sections, all questions in section A were compulsory, and a choice of 1 out of 5 questions in Section B. Topics in section B include statistics, probability, programming and mathematics.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 240 Interviews