91% would recommend to a friend
(24 total reviews)
100% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
Found 24 of over 26 reviews
Updated 5 Jul 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.014 Feb 2023Senior Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearStockton-on-Tees, England
- Flexible working - Remote first - Optional 4 day work week. - Private medical and life insurance. - Regular 'coffee' catch ups - Onboarding is great. Everything delivered on time - new macbook, displays, chairs, desks etc, you're introduced to everyone (despite being remote). - Genuinely want their staff to do well and care about their well-being. - Always helpful, open willingness to join on a Zoom call to chat if needed. - Flexibility to adapt procedures if something isn't quite working. - They listen to people and take your feedback on board. One of the most impressive things I've seen is the company transparency, they'll share successes but will also share any concerns or problems on the monthly company stand-ups, which makes you feel like you're really part of the company itself.
I can't fault anything at the moment. If there is an issue (although none so far), they listen and are open to change.
- 4.014 Feb 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 years
I've had the pleasure of working at this company for a while now, and I'm impressed with the level of innovation and creativity that permeates through all levels of the organization. The company's commitment to providing exceptional service to its clients is truly inspiring, and it's been gratifying to be part of such a dedicated team.
While there have been some challenges along the way, such as limited business experience among some members of the executive management team, the company has been able to navigate these hurdles through a collaborative approach and a willingness to learn and adapt.
- 5.08 Sept 2022Senior Customer Service ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearEdinburgh, Scotland
- Completely flexible working - Can work from home or go into the office. - Optional 4 day work week. - Private medical and life insurance. - Fantastic team. - Fantastic management. - Great work/life balance and a challenging yet manageable workload. - Supportive workplace - there's always someone around to lend a hand. - Great deal of trust and respect shown to employees. - Great career progression. - Really nice office with complimentary snacks/drinks and table tennis. I'm sure I've missed something, but just in case: - Everything else.
- Nothing. - Nothing. - Nothing. - Nothing. - Nothing.
- 5.030 May 2022Product ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
The team are fun and welcoming, the work is interesting and challenging, and you're given the trust and the tools to do the work your own way. The working hours and location are really flexible and there's also a bunch of great perks that go beyond free snacks and beanbags (but they have those too).
Can't think of anything !
- 5.012 Jan 2022Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Friendly co-workers, positive attitude, allowed time to improve your skills. When it comes to collaboration, one can always jump on a call to give you a hand if you're stuck on something. Even if the role is fully remote, you never feel alone, in a good way :)
There's really nothing I can complain of
- 5.011 May 2021Technical LeadCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsEdinburgh, Scotland
Gecko loves to look after their staff but this particularly stood out during the pandemic. People who join are often amazed by how long many developers have chosen to stay at Gecko for, several have been happy working here for 5+ years. We've really focused on paying back tech debt and working on building a really modern tech stack which is a pleasure to work on and ready for scale.
Being a very customer focused company can get a bit frustrating when you just want to be working on cool stuff, but it's served us well.1
- 5.028 May 2021Customer SuccessCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsEdinburgh, Scotland
-Empowering environment where you're free to carve your own career path and focus and specialise on the elements you enjoy and have a talent for. - Incredible team environment. Everybody's opinion is valid, encouraged and listened to. - Super talented people who are generous with their time, experience and help.
- If you're somebody who needs to be micromanaged or 24/7 direction, this isn't the place for you.1
- 5.031 Aug 2021Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
- You feel like part of a team and everyone's got your back - Well defined workflow, works really well with the current remote work system - They are invested in the individual's success through promoting professional growth
- Video interview is a bit awkward if you are not camera experienced
- 5.015 Mar 2021Lead DeveloperCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsEdinburgh, Scotland
- The people are who make Gecko they're a great bunch - There's a distinct lack of red tape which makes for an iterative and adaptable development cycle - There is lots of collaboration across departments and teams - Very inclusive, everyone's opinions matter - Work can actually be fun which is something I didn't know was a thing before I worked here 😆
- Sometimes dev work can be prescriptive which can stifle creativity - Often a lack of long term direction of travel and short term priority changes making things hard to plan
- 5.026 May 2021Customer Success ExecutiveCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearEdinburgh, Scotland
The job itself is extremely rewarding, by providing an exceptional product to happy customers. The team work great together and have a great social culture even during lockdown, through virtual events and virtual coffee catch ups.
Nothing to report at this time1
Gecko Reviews FAQs
Gecko has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 26 reviews left anonymously by employees. 91% of employees would recommend working at Gecko to a friend and 79% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
91% of Gecko employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gecko 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.