GetYourGuide Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Oct 24, 2019

4.0
GetYourGuide CEO Johannes Reck
Johannes Reck
Pros
  • "My favourite thing about GetYourGuide is that the company culture and values are taken seriously(in 13 reviews)

• "GYG has a big focus on company culture and transparency(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Customer service employees scramble to compete to apply for higher paid roles(in 6 reviews)

• "I am pretty curious to find out how GYG will look like in a couple of years(in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing company to work for!"

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible culture and great team with very passionate individuals. Full of opportunities and growth potential.

Cons

Be ready for a fast growing company culture and to adapt to different situations.

GetYourGuide2018-09-18
  2. "Product admin"

I worked at GetYourGuide full-time

Pros

quick learning curve, decent pay

Cons

not flexible, mundane daily work

Advice to Management

be more responsive to employee needs

GetYourGuide2019-02-24

"Breach of Contract"

I worked at GetYourGuide

Pros

In reality, they are unreliable.

Cons

These are slippery people who have no regard for the "ethics" they pretend to on their site. Beware. Be realistic. New business with an uncertain business model and young founders with no respect for people or the law.

Advice to Management

Personal responsibility is the hallmark of a good organisation - something that Get Your Guide are not!

GetYourGuide2017-03-17

"Nice company to work with"

Freelancer

I have been working at GetYourGuide

Pros

As a freelancer, I can say I had and have a positive experience working with GYG. Payments always made on time and clear every month. Committment and quality of my work are always recognized, especially with extra tasks assignments if needed. Communication is great with my department manager. Friendly environment and atmosphere.

Cons

No cons experienced for my personal position.

GetYourGuide2017-01-26

"One of the best start ups in Berlin to work for."

I worked at GetYourGuide

Pros

Even after leaving GYG I still consider it the best company I have ever worked for. Best thing about it? The people. They put a lot of effort into finding the right people for the company and that results into a really good work environment. Sure, it might be annoying to go through a really long hiring process, but they do it to make sure that the people who join are truly a good culture fit and on which you can... always count on. They allow you to express yourself and your colleagues respect you, most managers are experienced and they know what they are doing while still staying down to earth. The management is very transparent and approachable, on a monthly level the whole company can see the results and all the numbers that they want to see. Even when things are not going well, they are still honest and share all the details with everyone. Oh, and the company is really really customer oriented. You will obviously sometimes have bad experiences and not every customer will end up happy, but GYGs management is truly customer oriented and they will do everything they can to offer the best customer experience to their customers. Some other things that you get as an employee : free breakfast, friday pizza and beers, great teamevent and company parties, good team environment etc.

Cons

Like every start up, its sometimes not that organized and some bad choices get made, but in general I never had a lot of complaints about it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

GetYourGuide2016-10-07

"Unstable company"

I worked at GetYourGuide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Young co-workers, friendly management team, opportunities to learn.

Cons

Inconsistent and sometimes wacky management decisions, frequent dismissal, big turnover, low salaries.

Advice to Management

Management team should stop focusing on acquiring new staff and working towards retaining efficient team members. Good people stay, when they feel valued.

GetYourGuide2014-10-13
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and challenging problems

Cons

Growing at scale implies cost of alignment and culture change

GetYourGuide2019-10-24
  8. "Great Employer, exciting projects"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Berlin

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Clear mission from senior leadership - Great colleagues and collaborative environment - Strong Culture - Challenging projects - Freedom to do the job and challenge the status quo - Open communication

Cons

Sometimes lack of structure due to the massive growth

Advice to Management

Keep listening to feedback and maintain the open communication

GetYourGuide2019-10-07

"Exciting, fast growing company with lots of opportunity for personal growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Berlin

I have been working at GetYourGuide full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity for growth. Tight recruitment process means you'll be working with some of he best in your field. Amazing office in a great location. Good perks. Very open communication for a company of this size, which regular meetings on all-company performance and objectives.

Cons

Hypergrowth can be difficult. Things change fast and you can either find it an exciting challenge or a little unsettling.

GetYourGuide2019-09-29

"More cons than pros"

I worked at GetYourGuide full-time

Pros

Great colleagues, free breakfasts, free soft drinks, beers on Friday (limited)

Cons

Politics, favoritism, no learning opportunities, tasks are getting more limited as the company grows, you are expected to work extra hours in most departments (not paid), VPs are literally saying that they are ok if people leave

Advice to Management

Concentrate on a staff retention rate instead of having next round of investments

GetYourGuide2019-09-27