Gupta Media Reviews

Join the conversation on

Advertising

118.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Gupta Media~767591
Join the conversation on
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cons outweigh the pros

May 9, 2022 - Digital Media Analyst in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gupta Media hires a lot of employees directly out out of college and has them go through extensive training. The training includes media planning basics, media buying of common platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), and an overview of reporting. This training provides new employees with a solid foundation for digital advertising. Free snacks are always available. The majority of the staff is relatively young and many are friends outside of work.

Cons

CEO is rude and condescending, especially to the women who work at Gupta Media. CEO micromanages employees including managers. This includes random pop quizzes that employees must complete before logging off for the day and not allowing employees to wear headphones until they have worked at the company for at least 1 year. 50-55 hours per week are the norm. Although these hours are not unheard of for advertising agencies, the majority of agencies have better work perks due to working with bigger name brands/clients with larger budgets. Benefits are lacking compared to other agencies. New hires only receive 10 days paid vacation at Gupta while other agencies offer over 20 days of paid vacation as well as gym stipends, etc. Extremely high turnover, which results in employees needing to switch managers and pick up slack leftover from employees who have departed.

3 people found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Based on your comments, it seems you are have not been an employee of Gupta Media for some time (or ever?) as the benefits/policies and client list you note above are not accurate nor would the culture be defined as such by those employed with Gupta Media. If you are in fact a true former employee, I hope you have found a better fit for your career and wish you success. Kelly Heath Head of People

2. 4.0

Cool Place to work

Mar 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of fun activities and outings for team bonding. They have a Piano and guitar so that’s amazing! Lots of talented people work there. The culture is friendly and quirky. We get into really funny group discussions on the company chat. Even introverts sometimes feel comfortable to through in a laugh. There’s lots of workshops and events to learn what’s going on in the word and the workplace. Snacks! Sometimes they have celebrations for important holidays.

Cons

Not as diverse as they make it seem. I think it’s more of a formality when they say things like “make work work for you” or “you can work from home” or “we’re going to provide commuter benefits “ or “we love a flexible work schedule “ “don’t stay too late” These are things that they say we can do, but the expectation is that we dedicate all of our time and energy to the work. It’s very obvious who is favored by upper management and ceo.

1 person found this review helpful

Head of People

Really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your time at Gupta Media. We can always do better and will certainly take your input constructively. We wish you the very best in your next role and hope you'll stay a great alumni.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

5 Stars

Feb 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits, an amazing founder, supportive management, buzzing energy, great culture, friendly colleagues, catered lunches and stocked kitchen, company events, professional trainings, room to grow.

Cons

I can't think of any.

Head of People

Glad to hear you are enjoying your time at Gupta Media and we hope you continue to grow your career here with us.

4. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pros/Cons

Feb 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Nice coworkers - A lot nice benefits

Cons

- Too many long Hours - Shady Management

Head of People

Thank you for your review. You haven't provided much detail here for us to respond to so will just share that we are glad you enjoyed meeting the team during your short tenure and we wish you the best in your next role.

5. 5.0

great atmosphere

Jan 22, 2022 - IT Specialist in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

good annual salary and bonuses

Cons

far from home and i had to drive 50km daily

Head of People

I don't believe you are reviewing the correct Gupta Media as we do not have employees in ON. Best, Kelly Heath Head of People

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Place to Work

Mar 30, 2021 - Strategy & Analytics in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of hands on experience very quickly. You will be trained and learn the ins and outs of major advertising platforms. You consult with clients, guide their media buys, and work to optimize campaigns. The company is filled with smart people from the top of the org to the bottom. There has been a focus on HR and work life balance with the inclusion of our new head of people, and the response to COVID-19 was well thought out. I've had a lot of flexibility to tackle new problems, onboard different tools, and pursue inventive/creative solutions. The agency is expanding quickly with key additions to the organization at all levels, especially in senior leadership roles. We have a great client list that includes some of the largest brands in the world, and you have the opportunity to soak up a lot of information about different industries and businesses.

Cons

As with any agency, there are times where work needs to be done immediately, or late, or on a weekend. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. If you're looking for a 40 hr/week job that you can forget about completely, this is not that because the ads are always on.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Miserable and insufferable environment

Apr 9, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

You do get paid a low salary. Good for people who need an entry level position.

Cons

Frat-like environment includes intentionally giving too much work to new employees and unreasonable expectations. Most positive reviews come from new employees trying to impress. Trust the ones of people who have already worked there.

10 people found this review helpful

Head of People

Thank you for your input; I'm not sure how recent your experience was but I'm sorry it wasn't a positive one. While work/life balance can be a challenge at any agency (especially with Covid moving us to remote work), we have made a focused effort on workload across the organization over the past year to ensure our team has the time and mental space to do their best work. This effort will continue and we look forward to collaborating with our current employees to grow Gupta Media in a meaningful way. We wish you success in your career, Kelly Heath Head of People

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

a positive experience entering the workforce

Feb 7, 2021 - Administrative Assistant in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Upon graduating college, there were two things I sought out most in the workplace: The chance to explore new ideas, and the chance to continue that exploration alongside other people who share their excitement. Even through a pandemic at Gupta Media I have had the opportunity learn and develop new skills, add to my resume during a time I did not believe I would find work, and engage with an industry I never before could see myself being part of. You can tell you are working with very talented individuals the moment you walk in the door, working with coordinators who know a lot about the media and advertisement industry is a great way to expand upon the knowledge I gained in school and apply it to real life. Having a beautiful office in Back Bay with tons of snacks and drinks and catered lunches makes the commute more worth it. This has been a fantastic entry level position that has given me an eye into the world of office administration and agency operations.

Cons

Would love to see more diversity as more people are being hired! There are so many wonderful people working there already, but there are a lot of similar looking faces in the office/on the website. With more opportunities becoming available, it is a great time to making a commitment to having more minorities represented!

Human Resources

Thanks for your feedback and glad to hear you've enjoyed your time at Gupta Media. We completely agree with your input - we absolutely need to be better about building a more diverse team and we are firmly committed to doing so. Over the past 6 months our diversity, equity & inclusion team has made some really positive strides and we are excited to build on this success. Best, Kelly Heath Head of People

9. 4.0

A great first job

Jan 8, 2021 - Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong training program in digital media and interesting clients to work on. Intense work environment, even during COVID but sets you up for success. Business grew during covid and that speaks to how well they do what they do. Company is moving in the right direction to start taking care of its employees as well as it takes care of its clients by hiring a Head of People and putting some structure in place to fix issues with professional development, work/life balance, culture and diversity. Hoping it continues.

Cons

Late nights, weekends can be the norm.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thanks for the input - as an agency, long hours can be expected at times but we are actively working to address work/life balance, particularly in this remote world where home and work lines have become even more blurred. Best, Kelly Heath Head of People

10. 1.0

45 hours/week is a long time to be miserable

Aug 7, 2020 - Business Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Robust training program - Gained knowledge of the digital marketing space - Was able to run campaigns for high profile clients within the first few weeks of joining - Nice office space and material perks

Cons

By far the biggest con is the emotionally abusive, narcissistic, and manipulative founder. His immature behavior trickles down throughout the company, giving way to an environment that emphasizes pressure and performance over collaboration and learning, and he enjoys leading by fear. Short term goals are pursued at the expense of the employees’ morale and mental health. Turnover is high, diversity is low, and pay is not even comparable to other salaries within the industry. I didn’t heed the warnings when reading earlier reviews, but hopefully you will.

13 people found this review helpful

Human Resources

Thank you for your unfiltered response and I'm sorry your personal experience was not positive at Gupta. I hope current employees will feel comfortable discussing concerns such as these with us in real time so we can address them to improve the organization for all. We wish you the best in your next role, Kelly Heath Head of People

Viewing 1 - 10 of 34 Reviews

Gupta Media Reviews FAQs

Gupta Media has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 37 reviews left anonymously by employees. 49% of employees would recommend working at Gupta Media to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Gupta Media employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Gupta Media. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

49% of Gupta Media employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gupta Media 2.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.9 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Gupta Media Job Seekers