HealthyPets Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

HealthyPets Reviews

Updated 15 Oct 2019

4.2
HealthyPets CEO James Young  (no image)
James Young
Pros
  • "There's even a game room with video games and a pool table for us to use(in 11 reviews)

• "Amazing Break room with a pool table, a giant chess set, and vintage arcade games(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low pay, but great entry level experience(in 8 reviews)

• "There are no Cons that I felt or saw dying my stay(in 5 reviews)

1. "I would recommend working here"

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time

Pros

Based on my experience working for HealthyPets, I'd recommend applying or accepting an offer if you have one. They care about their employees a lot. It's easy to see all the systems that are put in place by corporate to help us. Managers are really helpful too. I've been pretty happy here and I think other people would be too.

Cons

There isn't much. I'm not going to lie and say it's 100% perfect, but there hasn't been anything that's really bothered me.

HealthyPets2019-10-15
  2. "Freedom to go creative and ample support from my managers"

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time

Pros

I feel privileged to work with so many diligent, hard-working and creative people. My team is great. Performance is always valued and acknowledged. I have the opportunity to work independently and take the responsibility for the work I do. It's nice to be in a company where we enjoy effective communication across marketing and sales teams -- I confidently ask for details on the brief and for feedback on the... accomplished work.

Cons

The company is demanding, and for a certain period of time I lost my work/life balance to be effective in my role. As i grew as a designer and upgraded my skills, I can now turn projects around with better efficiency.

Advice to Management

Continue providing freedom to your team and rewards their efforts.

HealthyPets2019-10-11
  3. "Smaller, agile business"

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Assistant in Union City, CA

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like that it's a smaller company. There's a lot of individual attention and they really care about giving us the tools to get our customers the best service. Since we're smaller we're able to adapt easily, too. If someone has an unconventional request or if we find that the industry is shifting, we're able to shift too without a problem.

Cons

There haven't been any real cons to working here.

HealthyPets2019-09-25
  4. "Only Dreams of Better Pay"

Former Employee - Administrative

I worked at HealthyPets full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer employees discounts, but I don't have a pet, so I get no such benefits

Cons

Employees at this company can only dream of a pay raise. They don't reward employees that way If you meet their crazy deadlines, they might share a few words with you, but won't give the financial rewards you get. Also, they push you to meet unrealistic deadlines more often than you want.

Advice to Management

Pay better. You are making money by selling super expensive pet products.

HealthyPets2019-10-16
  5. "Great products that I use myself"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Union City, CA

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the products we sell – being able to get a discount for my pets is one of the biggest reasons I took the job with them. We have everything you could ask for in stock, from organic food and treats to every homeopathic treatment. We’re already cheaper than the pet stores too, so having a discount on top of that has been great. It’s pretty cool having a well-paying job that helps me save money, too.

Cons

Next to none really that I can think of

HealthyPets2019-09-09
  6. "I was hired right out of college"

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time

Pros

I don't think I could have found a better job right out of college. The people are amazing! Everyone has helped me out so much to get my career started. The company is awesome, too. There's even a game room with video games and a pool table for us to use. I can't imagine there's a lot of companies with something like that for their employees.

Cons

It was kind of hard getting started, but there was a ton of help along the way.

HealthyPets2019-09-15

"Terrible management"

Former Employee - Employee in Union City, CA

I worked at HealthyPets full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good way to gain experience for fresh graduate. Most co-workers are nice too

Cons

This company is dreadful. Management is terrible and incapable of properly handling employees. The pay is very low compared to the market average. They also never raise employee pay even if you consistently perform well and have been working for a long time in the company already. Overall, management just seems clueless about how to do this job.

HealthyPets2019-10-01
  8. "Positive Company Culture"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time for more than a year

Pros

My experience here has been nothing but positive. I work with a group of amazing people, who trust my work and treat me with respect. Plenty of opportunities for growth within the company for those interested and hard-working. Management is super approachable.

Cons

I don't have any complaints at all.

HealthyPets2019-08-06
  9. "Management doesn't care about their employees"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Union City, CA

I worked at HealthyPets full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the game room. It helps you to forget that you're in a toxic workplace.

Cons

The CEO seems to forget that their employees are humans and not robots. They set vert high expectations to us, but we shouldn't expect to have a raise or even get recognized for a job well done. All they think is how the can fulfill client orders by pushing employees to work harder and longer hours.

Advice to Management

Employees should be treated fairly, recognized for their performance to keep them the success of a company lies greatly if their employees are happy and contented wit their work and with the company.

HealthyPets2019-09-09
  10. "I really enjoy my work here"

Current Employee - Call Center Customer Service Representative

I have been working at HealthyPets full-time

Pros

We get employee discounts - it's great, because I have three pets. The company also provides full health, dental and vision benefits, 401K comes with a match. I find my job interesting and rewarding as we help so many customers to take better care of their pets. I also feel privileged to be part of a team where collaboration is valued and concerns are confidently voiced.

Cons

No cons as such. We are working towards making some processes more effective. I consider this to be an inevitable component of my job as a customer service rep.

HealthyPets2019-08-16