Huntress Reviews

Updated 28 Apr 2021

4.4
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson
Pros
  • "You are rewarded for the hard work that you do, Huntress Have excellent quarterly and team incentives to encourage you to always do your best(in 15 reviews)

• "Company culture & senior management(in 11 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "So pleased to have made the move!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Halesowen, England, England

I have been working at Huntress part-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Birchrose Associates, a sister company of Huntress, to work as part of Lauren Skinner's specialist Legal Recruitment team. Having worked with Lauren previously, she was the main reason for my want to make the move. Having worked well as part of her team previously, I knew she is the kind of manager I want to work for, someone who genuinely cares about her team. Returning from maternity leave was always going to be daunting, but doing so in to a new company really did ramp that up a notch for me! However everyone in Birchrose and the wider Huntress team, from interview through to induction and beyond, were very welcoming and made me feel looked after and equipped to re-start my recruitment career. Huntress and Birchrose Associates offer a remote working scheme that genuinely makes working whilst being a parent to a toddler much more viable. The flexibility they have offered me, between working from home and flexibility with my hours has been invaluable. I know that having a child and working 4 days per week as opposed to full time is not going to hold me back in my career here. My progression opportunities and what I need to do to achieve them have been made clear to me and I look forward to building a long career within Birchrose.

Cons

Nothing as it stands, I genuinely only have good things to say

Continue reading
  2. COVID-19

"Great company to work for, wish I had joined sooner!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England, England

I have been working at Huntress full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Birchrose Associates in September 2020. Birchrose Associates is the legal specialist sister company of Huntress, a large, successful and well established agency. I joined the business during its infancy, and haven't looked back since. Making a career move during a global pandemic was an experience for sure, however, I found the onboarding process right from the initial interview stages through to starting with the company to be seamless. I had regular contact throughout the process from either my direct manager, the company CEO or the HR Manager and was made to feel welcomed every step of the way. The entire process was completed virtually, but this didn't impact it in the slightest! It is truly motivational to see the ambition the business has to make Birchrose Associates a success. Lauren Skinner, who heads the legal team, has a very hands on approach to her management and work and is dedicated to supporting the new team and providing day to day support and guidance whenever you need it. For me personally, Lauren was a huge deciding factor in joining Birchrose Associates. The backing that Birchrose has from the Huntress CEO, Chris Leeson, is inspiring. You can just tell that he genuinely cares and has a passion for the success of the team and is on hand to make sure all is well and personally reaching out to congratulate the team on their successes. I joined Birchrose Associates as part of the 'Huntress Flex' programme, which means I work remotely full time. As a new parent this has helped me continue along a career path that I am passionate about, whilst having the flexibility to work around my family commitments with the support of my employer. This again was big deciding factor in joining the business. Although Birchrose Associates is brand in its own right, I feel very much a part of the wider Huntress business, including regular company wide "video" meetings and updates and very entertaining quarterly events. It is great to hear how about the companies ambitious growth plans coming out of the pandemic and they are showing no signs of slowing down!

Cons

None that I can think of!

3. "Fantastic Care!"

Current Employee - Case Handler

I have been working at Huntress full-time for less than a year

Pros

The flexibity, the potential variety and ability to work from home!

Cons

It is devestating seeing how much you would be paid if you were working for companies proper, not through an agency, but if i were to work for the company proper, no more flexibility!

4. "Great team"

4.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Huntress full-time

Pros

loved the team that I worked with

Cons

Micro-management from senior management team

5. "Na"

Current Employee - Student in Haywards Heath, England, England

I have been working at Huntress full-time

Pros

No complaints very happy here

Cons

No cons very happy herep

6. "Huntress recruitment"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant

I worked at Huntress full-time

Pros

Supportive group of colleagues and management

Cons

Can be long hours but the commitment will be rewarding

7. "Micro Management"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England, England

I worked at Huntress full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no positives about working here

Cons

Monitoring peoples call times is not productive - what revenue they generate is.

8. "Good environment"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at Huntress full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team in the regional office, good training for new staff coming on board, clear career pathway,

Cons

Lack of leadership, no support from the MD, restructure of the company lost their biggest billers in some offices

9. "Friendly"

5.0

I worked at Huntress part-time for less than a year

Pros

Everybody was friendly After one job with them, I was quickly offered more

Cons

I didn’t use them for long but have no cons

10. "Really good company"

Former Employee - Recruitment Resourcer

I worked at Huntress full-time

Pros

Lots of training, fully supported, strong teams

Cons

No cons I can think of

Viewing 1 - 10 of 115 Reviews