Huntress Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Huntress CEO Chris Leeson
Chris Leeson

Pros
  • Excellent solution to having a great work/life balance with great job satisfaction at the same time (in 3 reviews)

• Very driven CEO and senior management (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance but this is being worked on (in 4 reviews)

• For me personally there are no cons to mention (in 5 reviews)

"A company continually striving to improve"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Huntress full-time

Pros

- Experienced management team who lead the company and support staff. Most of which have developed into management roles within Huntress, therefore demonstrate the possibilities to other members of staff
    - Supportive environment
    - Staff are encouraged to speak up and be heard so as to ensure the business is moving forward and always improving
    - Incentives/rewards for hard work

Cons

- For me personally there are no cons to mention
    - My rating for work/life balance appear negative but this isn't a reflection of Huntress but rather of the industry recruitment. Every successful recruitment consultant knows that what you put in you get out in this industry

Advice to Management

- Continue to support and encourage their teams
    - Continue to share their wealth of experience with staff

"Unfortunate"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Huntress (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment and promises of opportunity and progression

Cons

Unfortunately there is an issue with management at Huntress. The Manager's have all been there years and do not seem to do much apart from hire and fire staff and have meetings about meetings about meetings. You are left to your own devices, with no motivation or guidance.

Advice to Management

Pass on your knowledge to your teams - do not let them 'get on with it' and wait for them to come to you when they need help. Help them, encourage them, motivate them - look to improve their skills further and you will get the best from your teams. Efficiency and communication are key - make sure you respond to your teams and do what you say you're going to do. Nothing is more demotivating as a promise that is not kept!

Huntress Response

24 May 2017

Firstly I would like to apologise as your experience at Huntress does not reflect our company’s culture, what most of our employees experience and what we aspire to be. Our managers place a great ... More

"Fast-paced, positive working environment that always strives to improve"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great team ethos
    -Recognition for your achievements
    -Clear career path and progression

Cons

-Commission structure could be better
    -Incentive for referrals could be better

Advice to Management

Continue to improve and help all teams and divisions intermingle so that Huntress operates as one singular and happy division.

5. "Happiest place I have ever worked at"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in London, England

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture, people, open demeanour of all staff at every level and the amount of support that everybody receives here are what make this place the best company I have ever worked at. And I never write reviews like this but I really want anyone thinking about working here to know. Every company always goes on about how great their people are but at Huntress it's so true. Our people are what make us amazing.

Senior management genuinely care about making this place better for employees every year, which has translated into having just earned ourselves a 2 star Best Companies accreditation for 2017. I feel so proud to have been a part of it and of all my colleagues who work so hard every day to make us even better. As a result, this year we have loads of new employee benefits, improved our commission scheme, more training programmes for different levels and a career path that makes it quicker and easier to get promoted internally.

Cons

Can be a slow to adopt major change at times.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to improve Huntress every year.

6. "Progressive and positive company to work for."

Current Employee - Executive PA in London, England
    Current Employee - Executive PA in London, England

I have been working at Huntress part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for Huntress in total for just over 6 years, within a sales role and then most recently a corporate support role.

I have seen how the company has changed and developed over the last 6 years in a very positive way.

Implementing a new career pathway to actively encourage people to progress and move up their own career path with clear timelines and targets, has been something that has a huge impact over the last couple of years. When this was implemented I was able to take my previous role to the next level whereas before this was implemented this would not have been an option. I have also seen many of my colleagues rightly promoted to more senior roles with more responsibility.

I genuinely do feel that management cares about all staff, they open and welcome new idea’s and they actively implement changes rather than just talk about them. This can range from larger long term projects to the smallest details that make people happier in the day to day office environment.

Everyone is kept updated with changes that happen in the company, via weekly/monthly and quarterly updates, a fun and interactive intranet, and there is an open door policy – the CEO, Directors and all management sit within their teams and are always very approachable.

Finally we have a big team of like minded people who I have found to be friendly and supportive across all teams, we have social events that all the company is invited to, and incentives for all staff that is not just based on sales related performances.

Cons

The Head Office environment is in need of a refurb, however we are moving to new offices in the New Year which I believe will represent our brand and create a exciting and fresh new working environment across all teams.

Advice to Management

Continue to embrace the positive changes that are being made in the way that we work to keep the company moving forward.

7. "Great Place"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros

Hard working team, highly competitive

Cons

not many peaks, could do with more out of work activities

Advice to Management

go dress down

8. "Great company that provides excellent opportunities"

Current Employee - Office Support Permanent Consultant in Chelmsford, England
    Current Employee - Office Support Permanent Consultant in Chelmsford, England

I have been working at Huntress full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Clear progression pathways
    - Clear management
    - Good communication across all branches and teams
    - Quarterly presentations for the whole company
    - Great incentives
    - Good salaries
    - No thresholds for commission

- We are a start up team and we have had great support from everybody!

Cons

- I have been with the company 6 months now and haven't identified any cons - nowhere is perfect I'd love more holiday days but wouldn't we all!

"Job Share"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bracknell, England
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bracknell, England

I have been working at Huntress part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent solution to having a great work/life balance with great job satisfaction at the same time!

I have been with Huntress nearly 16 years and Kaye, my job share colleague, 6 years but we both have extensive experience within recruitment having also held senior management positions. Four years ago we teamed up as a job share doing 3 days a week each with one crossover day to run a Permanents desk. Trust and respect is an important factor along with good communication. Experience is probably the biggest key to our success and you also get 2 heads, in terms of views, opinions, ideas etc. As you would expect, the longer we work in partnership the more successful we become, stability is always a plus in Recruitment. Holidays don’t seem to have the same impact on our desk as it is always covered for 3 days per week regardless.

For someone with experience who cant or doesn’t want to commit to full time you can still have great job satisfaction with the success meaning that you also earn good bonus. For team players, a job share is even more satisfying as you never want to let the other half down which also contributes to overall success.

Cons

No Cons, you just need to work with someone you have respect for

Advice to Management

Huntress Management had great foresight in seeing potential in a job share and are a great organisation in supporting this.

10. "Fantastic"

Current Employee - Consultant in Brighton, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in Brighton, England

I have been working at Huntress full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Our team here in Brighton are friendly and sociable inside and outside of the business. We truly invest in our team by offering great foundations to make consultants the best they possibly can with on going training and commitment.

Cons

I do not have any cons

Advice to Management

Continue the great work!

11. "A great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

Pros

Great perks and benefits, competitive salary for this industry, excellent training and development, great staff incentives, engaging quarterly presentations, open and transparent career pathway and commission structure. Great team spirit.

Cons

Occasional long hours/overtime but you get out of this job what you put in. You are not forced to work extra hours but if you are busy and have alot of jobs to fill you do need to work longer hours But if you want to earn lots of commission then its a sacrifice you'll make

Advice to Management

No advice - just thanks for all the support and guidance into the wacky world of recruitment.