Imagine Communications Reviews

Updated 4 Jan 2021

3.4
Imagine Communications CEO Tom Cotney (no image)
Tom Cotney
Pros
  • "Great people to work with, wealth of knowledge and experience(in 16 reviews)

• "Good benefits, vacation and sick time(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lack of D&I, poor leadership by upper management to represent employees(in 11 reviews)

• "High management team makes non reasonable decisions(in 7 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great culture, great customers, challenging market"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Thames Ditton, England

I have been working at Imagine Communications full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Inclusive environment, willing to hear ideas and get feedback - Investment in products and the future - Talented employees who do a good job

Cons

- Challenging market conditions combined with complex technologies create tight deadlines

2. "Review"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Imagine Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with, wealth of knowledge and experience

Cons

Constant change and re-structuring, lack of support and training.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - .. in Thames Ditton, England

I have been working at Imagine Communications full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working full time at Imagine Communications for one year, since moving over from a Large Organisation. At first I felt hesitant joining an SME however my first day I knew it was the change for me. Since joining I have been welcomed into a global team who allow me the freedom to put across my ideas and implement business changes where appropriate. I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience since joining and I cannot wait for what 2020 will bring. The company offers a lot of great, competitive benefits including: Bupa Denplan EAP service for all employees, offering a range of advice from Mental health to advice on Taxes! Travel Insurance Private Pension Scheme Group Life Assurance Scheme Group Income Protection Money towards Gym Memberships Competitive holiday leave The company has a fantastic foundation of knowledge and experience, with many members of staff having been here for 20 years + this fills me with confidence as it demonstrates the company is doing something right! We have access to new technology, every team is willing to help and support.

Cons

It can be disheartening listening sometimes to comments such as "no flexibility" as the company offers all teams the opportunity to work from home. I really like Imagine Communications as I can see change happening, we need to ensure that all staff are happy to be here and if they aren't they need to reflect on how they can be. Keep doing what you are doing Imagine Communications, I really like it here!

4. "Imagine Communications"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Thames Ditton, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Imagine Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great employee base, smart, hard working, cooperative. - People devote so much of themselves to help this company succeed. - Smart, hard working, cooperative employee base

Cons

- Old software revamped to new platforms continue to have all the old bugs resurface - The fast pace means a lot is changing concurrently and not always in a co-ordinated fashion

5. "Survey"

I have been working at Imagine Communications full-time

Pros

Our employees are among the most dynamic and innovative in the industry, and drive our entrepreneurial, customer-first culture.

Cons

No contra 3 4 5

6. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Thames Ditton, England

I have been working at Imagine Communications full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work remote, Good Pay, Great People, Super Technology

Cons

The company has a new CEO and is weeding out the dead wood.

"Ethically and Morally Inept!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Staff Software Engineer in London, England

I worked at Imagine Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I got paid on the same day each month

Cons

After 11 years of working with Imagine I have learnt that no matter who heads the teams, how many times the organisational chart is reviewed, how many CEO's come.... And go... The bottom line is the same... No investment in the people who have to meet the ridiculous deadlines, and promises, made to old, new and potential clients alike! Sales are made on lies. Example: Yes, our product does that! Reality: No, it does not... They just want you money!!! Potential Clients. If they cannot show it to you it's because it DOES NOT exist! If they can lie to your face as a potential client, IMAGINE what they are doing to their employees!!!

8. "Fast paced"

I have been working at Imagine Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Exec team has not been afraid to make a lot of the tough decisions that have been necessary for a long time. The pace is fast and there are opportunities to get involved in areas outside your domain. We are just starting to see the results of many years evangelizing IP based products, the road has been tough to get here and there is still some way to go, but the results are becoming more tangible with each month.

Cons

The fast pace means a lot is changing concurrently and not always in a co-ordinated fashion. Everyone is working flat out to realise the IP vision, but the learning curve has been steep.

9. "Good place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thames Ditton, England

I have been working at Imagine Communications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people, flexible working ethics

Cons

Long approval process, hard to achieve your objectives, because of the length of time to get approvals in place

"Imagine needs a Chexit!"

1.0

I worked at Imagine Communications for more than a year

Pros

Still some smart and passionate colleagues employed who can turn things around if they were properly managed, and given the authority to get on with the job.

Cons

The executives are like the EU. Out of touch with their constituents, highly bureaucratic, enforce free movement of GENBAND staff and ethics diluting the industry culture and provoking tension with the domestic and hence encourage the smart ones to emigrate, tax livelihoods to spend on ego and shows that promote the ego.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 165 English Reviews