Insight Reviews

3.9
Insight President and Chief Executive Officer Kenneth T. Lamneck
Kenneth T. Lamneck
Pros
Cons
  • "No incentives to hard work upper management falls into their positions(in 29 reviews)

• "Problems with Low Pay especially within the industry(in 22 reviews)

1. "Fantastic on-boarding process"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Uxbridge, England

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

Will be starting in May 2020. Have had a seamless experience so far and I'm sure I will continue to have. Lots of support provided and very good with contact. I look forward to starting very soon!

Cons

I have had no cons.

May 5, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the great 5 star review and for recognizing that fantastic on boarding process you experienced while joining Insight. We wish you continued success and thank you for selecting Insight. Welcome aboard!

2. "Excellent culture but Management and SLT mis-aligned from employees"

4.0
    Former Employee - Presales Architect in Uxbridge, England

I worked at Insight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent culture, some great people to work with, good employee benefits and nice work life balance

Cons

Company strategy and GTM keeps changing. It hards to keep aligned to that consistently. SLT and Management are a bit dis-engaged from employees.

July 6, 2020Recruiting Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear that you value Insight's culture and that you enjoy working with your teammates and managers. If you would like to have further conversations around the alignment of your goals, please have those discussions with your manager. Thanks for the review.

3. "The very definition of bad corporate culture"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Insight full-time

Pros

Vast majority of people were decent, friendly and welcoming.

Cons

It all depends on the team you are in. If you are unlucky, you will received a daily dose of the following: - unclear guidance on what is expected; unclear objectives or ever-changing objectives. - random tasks unrelated to your position; from my experience it was 90% unrelated, 5% somewhat related and 5% related. Scapegoating and constant criticism is rife in there. - ostracism and vendettas for not sharing manager's views (for example, about a co-worker or another manager) - actively seeking negative feedback from other people you interact with to later bring it up during a performance review. - from my observations, they have a substantial turnaround of people; one day you see them, next day they disappear - very bad sign if you are looking for a stable job. I have worked in many bad places but never experienced such lack of professionalism and poor personal skills on the management side as I have at Insight.

June 15, 2020Recruiting Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are very sorry to hear that your experience at Insight was not positive. We appreciate your honest feedback as we take this seriously and will share your concerns with the appropriate people. Thanks for the review.

4. "TUPE experience"

Current Employee - Counselor in Hartlepool, England

I have been working at Insight full-time

Pros

they are a large national company

Cons

unsupportive from the outset since TUPE

June 1, 2020Recruiting Manager

We appreciate you feedback and thank you for taking the time to write a review.

5. COVID-19

"Very professional, exceptional core values"

Former Employee - Executive Account Director in Uxbridge, England

I worked at Insight full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional, highly resourced, well run

Cons

Coronavirus means off-site induction which is not ideal but totally unavoidable.

April 6, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the 5 star review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we are happy to hear that you have been able to make successful adjustments by working remote during these trying times. Thank you again for your commitment with Insight and for taking the time to write a review.

6. "Ok.. Could be better."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Associate in Uxbridge, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Insight full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Incentives. Company Appraisal is good, when given. Friendly atmosphere. Growth.

Cons

Poor structure for training. Poor understanding of team.

January 6, 2020Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the honest feedback. The opportunities for advancement, the work/life balance, and the atmosphere, culture, and values, are just some of the wonderful benefits that Insight has to offer it's teammates. If you would like to experience more of what's available for trainings, please have those conversations with your manager to see if you are able to capitalize on these experiences. Thanks for the review.

7. "Great if you don't like progression or pay rises"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Insight full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good managers. Good agile working policy. Understanding of work/life balance. Business is doing well.

Cons

Most of the management are self-interested and not invested in developing their team. No real progression. I was told, 'we don't do pay rises'.

November 11, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback. It's great to hear that you value the leadership you are receiving from your management team and that you value the work/life balance that Insight has to offer. If you would like to have further conversations around receiving stronger leadership, please send your feedback to glassdoorfeedback@insight.com

"Avoid at all cost! At least for now."

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Insight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home - good work/life balance Good benefits Latest tech from Microsoft Some genuine and good, hard working people (if they are still there)

Cons

No communication and collaboration between countries/regions (unhealthy internal competition) New organisational change led by clueless leaders Challenge status quo? not at Insight Nobody seems to be interested in following good/best practice Manual processes everywhere Dishonesty - ticket for career progression

November 25, 2019Recruiting Manager

We appreciate the honest feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the communication and leadership you have experienced with others you work with and would love to hear more. Please send us your feedback at glassdoorfeedback@insight.com to have further discussions. It's nice to hear that you enjoy the flexibility and have the option to work from home when needed and that you value Insight's benefit offerings. Thank you again for the feedback.

9. "Truly unique and caring company"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Insight part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Everyone lives the values, Hunger, Heart & Harmony Flexibility All teammates treated with respect and equally Open plan work environment Growth and development opportunities

Cons

I don't think there are any cons

September 16, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the 5 star review. The values of Hunger, Heart, and Harmony are very important to us and thank you for recognizing them. The work-life balance is another wonderful benefits taht is offered to Insight employees. Thank you for the feedback.

10. "Slowly became irrelevant"

Sales in London, England

I worked at Insight

Pros

Inspirational founder who set the business off to grow faster than competitors and instilled it with genuine values and energy. Although it was a tough ‘school’. Some great people still in place. Is quite large. Culturally confusing. Values are nice but not really changing the ground up approach.

Cons

Leadership has steadily deteriorated leading to the latest CEO. The leadership is largely superficial. Big on style and statements but weak on execution. Organically the business has lost market share and has to acquire in the US to keep pace. This leads to a messy and incoherent plan in the US. Europe and Asia are largely left without investment. Poor SAP system in the US and Asia. Expensive and cumbersome. EMEA installed a stop-gap system which has lasted 10 years and feels too old now.

October 21, 2019Recruiting Manager

Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your honesty in regards to the size of the business and the ability to work with some fantastic people. In regards to the values, it's important to remember that they aren't just values that are written on the walls, but that they are instilled throughout the business. Thank you again for the feedback.

Found 1140 reviews