LDN Capital Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"LDN CAREER PROGRAM"

Current Employee - Trainee Trader - (GOING LIVE APRIL 2016) in London, England
    Current Employee - Trainee Trader - (GOING LIVE APRIL 2016) in London, England

I have been working at LDN Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The chance to learn from actual traders who genuinely have decades worth of experience between them.

Work & Learn alongside like-minded individuals. (Your definitely bound to meet some interesting people on the program!)

The opportunity to go full time at the end of the program.

Great place to start if you're new to the Industry. Everything well explained and always happy to answer any questions you have.

Not teaching you to be robots/clones, they allow you to find your own style of trading and methodology and once identified, help you grown from there.

Cons

Early Starts! But to be expected from the nature of the business you'e getting in to. They do phase in the early starts which is helpful.

I generally can't think of any more other than having to get out of bed a little earlier but you'll quickly get used to this! :)

Advice to Management

Overall very impressed and pleased with the quality of the course! Can't really fault it!

Possibly more 1-2-1 Meetings. These are incredibly valuable when they take place but only really seemed to commence towards the mid-end of the program, could be useful to have them at the start to help affirm individual trainee's understanding etc..

2. "Trader"

I worked at LDN Capital full-time

Pros

Great team environment and friends

Cons

No progression to further career

Advice to Management

Close down

3. "Prop-Trading should not be widely available"

I worked at LDN Capital full-time

Pros

Learn fundamentals of day trading

Cons

Instability of day trading as a main source of income. Management makes mone

Advice to Management

Please give back all the money you took from innocent people, who you made to believed they could make a stable income from what you taught them.

4. "ignore the fake reviews below - this is a scam selling graduates dreams"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros

genuinely cant think of any.
    They basically will accept anyone onto this course, they will make it sound tricky with some phone interview and short test when you come in but in reality everyone gets on.
    what actually happens is you pay £4800 (an amount they know some graduates can just about pay) for an initial two week "intense training" - by that what I mean is some guy reading some basic powerpoint slides in front of a class. you can get all this info for yourself online for free.

Cons

in all honesty I wouldn't pay for any trading "job", but if you are going to do any I would recommend Amplify. At least they are honest about your chances of securing a job and desk fees etc. Also their training is far better than LDN-Capital

Advice to Management

stop scamming graduates.

"Career Trader Programme"

Current Employee - PRO Trader in City of London, England
    Current Employee - PRO Trader in City of London, England

I have been working at LDN Capital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Brilliant management who have gotten the blend between a nurturing and challenging environment spot on. There is also very much a family feel to the company with plenty of humour. These factors are incredibly important in this industry for reasons I will stipulate later on.

- With the value of the course and industry contacts a career in the markets in a different capacity is a real possibility should things not work out here. In other words the course and people here can help with plan B.

- Incredibly intensive and comprehensive course that has clearly been meticulously structured by the head of trading who has 40 odd years experience.

- Great location in the heart of the city and in the same building and floor as their clearer (Marex).

I am coming to the end of the 10 week career programme and personally couldn't be happier at this stage. Before I begin elaborating on the above points, however, I would like to point out that TRADING IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. There is a tremendous amount of dedication, resilience, emotional control, hunger for self improvement and complete and utter willingness to accept personal responsibility to achieve longevity and success in this business. Anyone harboring aspirations to get rich quick or otherwise with unrealistic expectations of trading should find a career elsewhere. No prop house or fund would be able to fulfill these fantasies. CONVERSELY if you have the above traits and hunger for the markets then, from what I can see at this stage, LDN will provide everything you need to succeed.

The theory section of the course has all bases covered. I've not seen a more definitive, single volume text on the theory of trading. The content is taught by the head of the firm who has a genuine interest in passing down his 40 years of experience to the next generation of would be traders.

There is then a 2 week experimentation phase where trainees are exposed to dozens of different products. This is good fun but also allows for getting a feel of what types of markets one would be most interested in and suited to. Trainees then choose two products to focus on.

Following which is a 5 week assessment period where trainees are given a daily target and stop loss on a simulator. This is where one gets a practical test of how well one is emotionally suited to the art of trading.

This leads me to the importance of the ethos at the firm. LDN seem to recognise that, unless you happen to Andy McNab or Patrick Bateman, successful discretionary trading is as much about emotional balance and discipline as it is analysis and research. The team is always available to support traders in their quest for this balance and chi. Again it is the traders responsibility to seek this support. No one can expect to be spoon fed.

In short it genuinely feels like this is a great place to build a successful career in the markets

Cons

- There are some minor software issues given a switch to a new execution platform and charting software. This is a short term issue that is currently being resolved and one that will hopefully prove to be beneficial in the long term (the current charting/ execution platform is hugely cost effective).

"LDN"

Current Employee - PRO Trader in London, England
    Current Employee - PRO Trader in London, England

I have been working at LDN Capital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is outstanding, everyone you work with is friendly and extremely helpful. Allow you trade different asset class and encourage you creat your own trading models.

Cons

not enough to just be good at your job -----------

24 Sep 2015 – HR Team Member

Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback. It is always great to hear from our traders and we are glad that you are enjoying working with us. At LDN Capital we pride ourselves on... More

"Great experience"

I worked at LDN Capital full-time

Pros

Great culture, diverse workforce, competent people, fulfilling work, taking positive steps around work/life flexibility.Team work, hire the best people, career development, ability to be involved in multiple interesting trading style or department in the group, fantastic diversity program. ps4 pingpang nice office in gcm, amazing trading speed.

Cons

Can be stressful, competitive environment around lots of experience people.

24 Sep 2015 – HR Team Member

Thank you for taking your time to provide your feedback. What great feedback to hear from a former employee! We are glad to find that your time at LDN Capital was a that of a positive experience... More

"An experience on how to part with £4,800 and 3 months of your life"

Former Employee - Trainee Trader in London, England
    Former Employee - Trainee Trader in London, England

Pros

You will meet like minded individuals who are interested in becoming traders

Cons

Forget what they tell you in the interview for the trainee trader career program as you will be sold a dream about training and mentoring so you have the best chance of becoming a successful trader. Unfortunately the experience received does not meet this expectation. The “intensive three month career program” is a laughable. Firstly, the course material is poor and doesn't meet the standard of an off the shelf introduction to trading book. Your first two weeks of the course are taken up by basic PowerPoint slides; and the second week is simply a repeat.

Unfortunately, you won’t be shown any real life examples of trades that have been made. They do claim on their website: Our professional mentors will guide you through the trading process step-by-step from devising trading strategies to real-time trading, as well as adjusting any immediate trading decisions to reach our profit target and prepare you to become a professional trader.

Reality: Apart from the guy who teaches the PowerPoint there were no “mentors”. They don’t guide you through the process to devise trading strategies and won’t really speak to you about your strategies until the last two weeks of the assessment period when you have some one-on-one meetings. When help was asked for, you would get about a minute or two of their time and brushed off quite quickly with responses like: Trading can’t be taught as it’s a personal thing and only you can figure this out.

So, from week two onwards you will be left to your own devices on the simulators to pretty much figure things out on your own and hopefully come up with a strategy that works. The usual day was: turn up, watch Youtube to get some ideas on developing a strategy, watch the market, place some trades on the simulator, hope that they work out. Oh and the IT they provide was terrible, everyone had to share a computer with another person to gain access to a charting package. The alternative was to use yahoo finance charts...

The last 4 weeks were the “assessment period” which was a classic –being left alone on the simulators, writing your trades down on a sheet (none of the trades you made could be verified) and some individuals in the class scrubbing their bad trades and just listing the successful ones – hilarious!

So all in all the basic formula is 15-20 students are taken every 3 months, each pay their £4800 fee for the remote possibility to get a job offer at the end of the "course" period. Rinse and repeat.

From my experience I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone.

Advice to Management

Your website states that as part of the course you will be situated on the state of the art trading floor with other professional traders. So you can gain first hand information on how LDN capital traders analyse and execute trades in the live financial markets. This is FALSE you are not situated on the live trading floor as part of the course, let alone sit next to one of the live traders and learn from them during the course.

You also state on glassdoor that you have 51 to 200 employees – this is also FALSE. There was a traders meeting one day in the training room and there are about 15-20 traders + 5 management.

8 Oct 2015 – HR Team Member

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking your time to review LDN Capital. We regret to hear that you felt unsupported during your time with us. We pride ourselves on creating an environment in which... More

"Great Working Environment"

I have been working at LDN Capital full-time

Pros

Directors and management are accessible and work closely will all employees at LDN. There is great guidance balanced with the freedom to get on with your own work as necessary.

Cons

Office can get way too hot!

Advice to Management

Air con, please!

"Life at LDN"

Current Employee - Head of Risk Managemnt in London, England
    Current Employee - Head of Risk Managemnt in London, England

Pros

Excellent environment to work within

Cons

Nothing i can think of

Advice to Management

Keep the good vibe going