LEGOLAND Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

LEGOLAND Reviews

Updated 16 Oct 2019

3.4
LEGOLAND CEO Nick Varney (no image)
Nick Varney
Pros
  • "20x free tickets to Merlin Attractions (plus discounted stays at Resort hotels)(in 38 reviews)

• "Legoland is a great first job as a teenager(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours sometimes if over 18(in 25 reviews)

• "Extremely low pay; essentially minimum wage(in 18 reviews)

1. "My experience at Legoland"

Current Employee - Food and Beverage Assistant

I have been working at LEGOLAND part-time

Pros

Great group of people to work with Fast pace No day is the same

Cons

Very busy You have Long shifts There can be very impatient and Angry customers

LEGOLAND2019-07-18
  2. "Long hours, poor pay"

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Windsor, South West England, England

I worked at LEGOLAND full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun, sociable environment Opportunities for progression

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, repetitive work

LEGOLAND2019-10-13
  3. "Unorganized"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Assistant in Windsor, South East England, England

I worked at LEGOLAND part-time for less than a year

Pros

Can work lots of hours if you want to

Cons

Not told when you can take lunch until someone comes and grabs you. Generally unorganised and inexperienced management means things rarely get to where they need to be

LEGOLAND2019-10-16
  4. "Flexible and fun but poor management"

Former Employee - Ride Operator in Windsor, South East England, England

I worked at LEGOLAND part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible hours Fun and sociable Pretty decent pay 20x free tickets to Merlin Attractions (plus discounted stays at Resort hotels)

Cons

Poor management system. Issues on the frontline would be passed on but lost through the hierachy and therefore remained unresolved. Dealing with VERY angry guests on a number of occassions and no action was taken against them. Again, poor management.

Advice to Management

Listen to the frontliners who deal with the shortfalls and consequences of bad management everyday.

LEGOLAND2019-09-21
  5. "Average part-time position"

Former Employee - Retail Assistant in Windsor, South East England, England

I worked at LEGOLAND part-time

Pros

Great staff and co-workers, Diversity of roles and daily tasks

Cons

Management were not the best and were very disrespectful towards the end of my spell at the company

LEGOLAND2019-09-16
  6. "Only for those desperate for work"

Current Employee - Ride Attendant in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England

I have been working at LEGOLAND part-time for less than a year

Pros

- Always employing - Benefits - Pay is higher than McDonald's by £1 - Working with kids (ngl it brought smiles to my face but then again I'm a family guy)

Cons

- Training process is awful and slow, literally wasn't trained properly and when called in late for 2nd induction day they still made me wait 1 hour before telling me to go back home. - To elaborate on this slightly, the blue polo shirt managers that talk kindly to you during the indiction are very two-faced and quick to shun you when actually working - Uniform dress policy is bad, they expect you to tuck your... polo shirt in your trousers (wtf moment), the given trousers are expected to have their lengths tailored by yourself otherwise damage done to it when dragged on the floor will have to be recompensated by you along with any other damaged uniform piece when you quit - They have some long process to get certified on a ride where you're expected to sit in the mansion they have (it's 10-15min walk from staff entrance) for 6 hours (though this depends on the ride) before having to Shadow, then do a theory test, then do practical training, then do practical test, only then do you get the get certified status. - Really, really, really (did I say really?) strict with absences, they don't care about your feelings or circumstances at all - I was like to them I need to meet family and so can't come in for the next 2 days, they was like that's not a valid excuse, it'll be marked down as unauthorised and you have to speak to your manager (who more often than not isn't very likeable) when you come back. This hasn't happened to me only, but a lot of other people there; one guy had to opt for going work instead of a funeral and reception was like "good lad" on the phone; another guy who didn't call in cuz his phone was broken missed 2 days to meet family, his manager wasn't having any of it so that was the last time I saw him (they even made the extra effort to @ the black brother by sending every employee a email outlining about not calling in for a absence). - You don't get your benefits with the company till 6 weeks of working there - Some of the customers are purely selfish and inconsiderate of the fact that you're just a employee and can't do everything to satisfy them - Only National Express and Greenline buses at the staff bus stop which are considerably more expensive than TFL buses - They have a certain app where your payslips are located, imo it would've been easier to access if it was on a online domain. Lots of new staff always ask about this. - Most of the employees are white people (about a solid 80%), so if you come in thinking your gona see lots of your own brethren then think again

Advice to Management

- Pattern up

LEGOLAND2019-09-13
  7. "Good place to work while in education"

Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at LEGOLAND full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seasonal work available / Good benefits - Employee magic pass is a great benefit

Cons

Long hours / short staffed in certain areas

LEGOLAND2019-07-16
  8. "Great team to be around"

Former Employee - Customer Services and Guest Experience in Windsor, South East England, England

I worked at LEGOLAND full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pleasant work environment with a lovely network of people all supporting and encouraging one another. Many opportunities to gain insights into other departments and able to move if the opportunity ever arose.

Cons

Sometimes can be miscommunications between departments, can be infuriating as it can affect you and the work you're doing.

LEGOLAND2019-06-27
  9. "Part Time Manager"

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager

I worked at LEGOLAND part-time

Pros

Good place of work for part time

Cons

Bad place of work if you work full time

LEGOLAND2019-06-17
  10. "Good for the summer"

I worked at LEGOLAND full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good casual work for the summer

Cons

Treated a bit like sheep at times

LEGOLAND2019-05-31