Lingo24 Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 4 Jun 2019

3.4
Lingo24 CEO Andrew Campbell
Andrew Campbell
Pros
  • "The possibily to work from home occasionally(in 9 reviews)

• "(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "never proactive with suggestions presented and keep blaming other hubs instead(in 4 reviews)

• "Management pressure; not enough career opportunities(in 3 reviews)

1. "Experience of working for Lingo24"

Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Lingo24

Pros

I joined Lingo24 as I wanted to work with one of the world’s fastest growing translation agencies. I’m very passionate about my role as an Account Manager as it allows me to utilize my knowledge, experience, and skills to benefit both Lingo24 and their impressive list of clients. With the company culture they have created being at the forefront of everything they do, along with the friendly, entrepreneurial and... inspirational environment, this is a company I am proud to be part of.

Cons

Nothing, I'm really happy within my role.

Lingo242016-07-12
  2. "Great mix of small office in larger company"

Current Employee - Account Development Director in London, England

I have been working at Lingo24 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good management and a real sense of a supportive team make the job much easier and more rewarding

Cons

There are still a lot of challenges in adapting to a more tech based solution meaning some things take longer than they should

Advice to Management

Back your sales team more

Lingo242017-05-02

"Beware!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Lingo24 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Could be ok as a start to your career and there are a few travel opportunities if you like that.

Cons

- The running of the company is very strange - Fear and sometimes bullying appears to be used as a way of getting things done - Numerous people are made redundant - not a place for job security! - Constantly changing plans and chasing silver bullets - Intimidation and humiliation used by people at the top when things don't go their way

Advice to Management

Be kinder to people

Lingo242017-05-04
  4. "Challenging but great people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Lingo24 full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some great people at Lingo24, people who care and give everything to the business and people you just want to share a beer with which was one of the main reasons I joined. The work is diverse and for me at least the fact no two days are the same adds to the fun.

Cons

There have been a lot of changes and it sometimes seems to be harder than it needs to be in a number of ways.

Advice to Management

There has been a lot of talk and a lot of changes and now we need to see the results so that we can all believe in the plan.

Lingo242017-02-28

"Enjoyable place to work"

I have been working at Lingo24 full-time

Pros

Very supportive Manager Good work-life balance Your opinion is listened to Trusted and given a lot of responsibility You can make a real difference Friendly, enjoyable working environment Great team of people, globally Company has big plans to grow

Cons

Different time zones can make it difficult to speak to certain team members

Advice to Management

Keep doing what they are doing. Can already see the benefits.

Lingo242016-07-12
  6. "Small business. Big plans."

I have been working at Lingo24

Pros

Supportive management. Relaxed environment. Passionate people. Growing business. Ambitious plans. Views get listened to. Inclusiveness. Small company means you feel like you can make a real difference. Fast pace. Lots of opportunities to be sociable. Good mix of personalities.

Cons

Infrastructure - smaller/newer business means lots of evolving processes. IT - lots of logins and different systems. Split offices sometimes feels like there is a disconnect within teams. Induction could be more structured. Expectations can outweigh realistic targets. Budget travel!

Advice to Management

Less haste more speed. But in general keep doing what you're doing.

"Great!"

I have been working at Lingo24 full-time

Pros

A organisation you will thrive in if you have ambition, drive and a willingness to work hard. There are lots of great minds, lots of great people and the only limitiations are the ones you put on yourself. The only environment i have worked in whereby an entry level employee can can make himself heard directly to the CEO if he chooses to do so and feels strongly about something. Culture at Lingo24 is... considered as important as any other aspect of the business and is fiercely protected. The most important thing however, is that it is also lots of fun!

Cons

We're a global company and sometimes communication and consistent messaging is tricky to get right.

Advice to Management

Never stop listening to people.

Lingo242015-07-29
  8. "Good culture"

I worked at Lingo24 full-time

Pros

Everyone worked their hardest to make things happen. The company gives as much responsibility at they can to each individual, even from day 1.

Cons

Communication between all the different offices seemed difficult sometimes.

Lingo242015-07-30
  9. "A great place to work"

Sales

I worked at Lingo24

Pros

It's a small, young company which still has a kind of start-up mentality. Its a fun place to work - great bunch of people and managers who really listen to their team and care about work-life balance. Opportunities to travel to other hubs.

Cons

Teams spread across different hubs and time zones mean there can sometimes be communication issues.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the same! How about better coffee machines and more social activities out of work.

Lingo242015-07-17

"CEO is a moody child!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Lingo24 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good co-workers Global opportunities Good business sector

Cons

Salary is lower than similar companies will generally offer. The CEO is the majority owner of the company and thinks he can run the business as he pleases, offending employees and treating them like garbage.

Advice to Management

Replace Christian with someone who can actually manage a company. Christian - just get your dividend and move on.

Lingo242015-07-02