Lionbridge Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.1
Lionbridge CEO and President John Fennelly
John Fennelly

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The possibility to work from home" (in 214 reviews)

• "Good Work-Life balance average 9 hours per day" (in 38 reviews)

Cons
  • "The only downside is no benefits with an hour caps at 20-24 depending on the week" (in 36 reviews)

• "Intermittent lack of task availability means no pay" (in 24 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA (US)

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big focus on creating a culture and ensuring that we are all collaborating with one another. Leadership team has gone above and beyond to convey that message. No complains at all!

Cons

No cons as of right now. New leadership has continued to have clear communication with us.

2. "Lionbridge"

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time

Pros

Great Flexible working hours
    Great management team
    Very good atmosphere

Cons

More training would be nice

3. "Great Environment for Progression"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Working
    Can work from Home
    Good Communication with Line Managers

Cons

Work Sometimes can be repetitive

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing - but be wary of market value for Salaries and dont get left behind in a competitive market

16 Nov 2018

Thank you for this feedback. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoy your work and have such a positive relationship with your team. - Lionbridge CEO

"Awkward hours"

Current Employee - Rater in London, England
    Current Employee - Rater in London, England

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home
    Pay is ok .

Cons

Not enough time alotted to do good quality work. Unpaid training time.
    I really enjoyed the job at first and still enjoy the actual work but after a few months a pattern developed;
    Most of the work comes up late at night but is completely random and, as a parent, this is not really the flexible work that was advertised. You have to be at the beck and call of lionbridge or you can't do enough hours each week.
      Tasks start appearing just as you're beginning the kids dinner and bedtimes or first thing in the morning only to vanish when you finally manage to sit down at your PC. I arranged extra childcare when I got the job but almost no work comes up during school hours in the UK.
    The guidelines are not clear in all circumstances and are often contradictory. They say they want your insight then say your insight was wrong. They say focus on quality then wiped 10 hours work off my timesheet (which is an archaic system) as it took too long to produce the quality work They demand. I have a slightly slow connection and a disability which affects my hands which makes it hard to meet time requirements. They dont allow time to check your work before you submit.
     I have had drastically varying quality scores and no real indication what was wrong except that I had given more weighting to some aspect of a task that the person who did the quality scoring. Or I had found something in my research that the scorer had not mentioned. having to second guess what other people think is very difficult. Emails asking for support go ignored. I have read a lot about sudden terminations and frankly the anxiety is starting to outweigh the pay.

Advice to Management

Allow enough time to do proper research and checking. Make it clear what you want. If you tell people to emphasise quality, don't penalise them for taking more time. If you ask for subjective insight dont then say that was wrong. The work is almost never during childcare hours in the UK which results in working late into the night when tired which affects quality. Be clear from the start that you dont actually set your own schedule, you have to grab the work when its there. Improve communication over quality reviews and feedback so workers know what is going on. Working for lionbridge has been irregular and anxiety inducing. You feel like a replaceable cog in the machine not a valued person. There is never a personal response to any issue and any question about quality is just referred to the guidelines which is not helpful.

5. "Internet Accessor"

Former Employee - Internet Accessories in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - Internet Accessories in Birmingham, England

I worked at Lionbridge part-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Flexible,Ability to do remote working
    *Good Rate of Pay

Cons

No previous notification while cancelling contract

Advice to Management

Little bit more employee friendly

"IT Support Analyst"

I worked at Lionbridge full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Worked with a great team of Illustrators and Authors - i enjoyed the work and the staff.

Cons

No Salary reviews ever. Company policy is not increase staff salaries!

26 Sep 2018

Thank you for writing a review and providing your input. Your experience is counter to what the company now offers. As I hope you're aware we introduced a new performance management tool this year... More

7. "Good first time job"

I have been working at Lionbridge (Less than a year)

Pros

good working environment, nice colleagues

Cons

no guarantees whatsoever; shady Chinese agents involved in the recruitment process; very little career prospects

26 Sep 2018

I appreciate your review and am happy to hear that you enjoy your working environment and colleagues. I'm concerned that you mention working with Chinese agents, as we don't have Chinese agents... More

"Project Coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England

I worked at Lionbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexi hours
    Great relation with customer

Cons

Sadly i had very bad experience as working environment was lacking team work. There is hardly any training and no incentives given. The morale in my office were very low and most people have left or currently job searching. Some people complained about mental health issues related to work. HR does little to support the staff. Management have no people skills. Wages are below average.

Advice to Management

Invest in people, invest in training and newer technology. Pay attention to occupational health related issues. Engage and motivate

23 Jul 2018

It's unfortunate you've had a poor experience. Your team works on very important customer projects. HR will engage with the broader team in Bristol - Lionbridge CEO

"not bad for such a large organisation"

Current Employee - Account Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Account Director in London, England

I have been working at Lionbridge full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with and good leadership.

Cons

Employee benefits are ridiculous! I have worked in many LSPs and I have never seen worse benefits (pension, health, holiday allowance etc.). Also huge salary discrepancies for employees with the same title (same location).

Advice to Management

Clients are important but it's time to look at your employees and improve those benefits. People enjoy working here but at the end of the day it's a job for which you get paid to live your life and so people will start to move to other jobs soon...

"Good"

Current Employee - Freelance Transcriber
    Current Employee - Freelance Transcriber

I have been working at Lionbridge part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. it's nice working at home.

Cons

it's generally okay. maybe not fixed date for payment.