MADE.COM Reviews

Updated 14 Jun 2021

4.1
MADE.COM CEO    Philippe Chainieux (no image)
Philippe Chainieux
Pros
  • "A fast-paced, growing company that offers a dynamic working environment(in 6 reviews)

• "drinks on fridays(in 4 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Path to career progression is opaque(in 6 reviews)

• "Not very trusting when it comes to working from home(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

14 Jun 2021 - Product Owner (PO)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Positive culture and supporting colleagues

Cons

I'll update this if I think of anything

2. 5.0

Great tech culture!

17 May 2021 - Senior Python Developer in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having worked for many companies of all sizes, I think MADE.COM has found the middle ground when it comes to its tech culture. It's not the intense, browbeating environment you might find in a startup; nor is it slow and bureaucratic such as you might find in a big enterprise. It's that sweet spot in between. The system architecture is well thought out and QA is taken seriously. They give ample deadlines and give their developers the space and trust to do their job. There's also plenty of learning opportunities and great minds to work with. All this leads to a low-stress working environment with a high sense of job satisfaction. If you're looking for a place where you can get stuck in for a while, work on deep and interesting problems and really grow, I'd definitely recommend working here.

Cons

The London office can get really noisy. An open-floor plan with no noise dampening makes for a somewhat distracting work environment. Since lockdown we've all been working from home though, so no trouble at all.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Brilliant place to work! 100%

29 Apr 2021 - Training & Performance Coordinator in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been in the business for the passed 7 months and there are so many fantastic elements to the company it would be hard to say it all here, but here are a few. Leadership, brilliant bunch of people, transparency, ability to make your idea alive and respect to each individual. Not forgetting fantastic benefits and Culture Club! I have started during lockdown and in such an uncertainty everyone made me welcome from recruitment process, HR to the first Zoom call with my team. Absolutely adore my relationship with my direct manager, where I always feel listen to and that my opinion matters, which leads to initiatives we take to deliver customer centric approach in all we do. Would highly recommend as a brilliant place to work.

Cons

None at the moment. Great believer that is two way communication, so as long as you care, keep interested, love what you do and show that you can deliver results to benefit a company and grow yourself professionally , will definitely lead to successful partnership.

4. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awful work place with zero support

26 Apr 2021 - Customer Service Agent in Cork
      Business Outlook

Pros

The good thing about made was when we were working in the office and we were all together

Cons

As soon as we started working at home over a year ago the support that we have received has been awful. I reached out to managers etc to say about this but none of them cared or wanted to support their employees. I am leaving the company as it has effected my mental health and I've never struggled with mental health before. I would never recommend anyone to work here. Never getting the option to have bank Holidays off and being forced to work them. Yes we get 1.5 pay and 1.5 days in leui but I'd rather have the option. Also staff are made to work boxing day so how they care about their staff I do not know.

5. 4.0

Good Company, great culture

1 Jun 2021 - Junior Accounts Payable Analyst in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment, open office, great collaboration

Cons

Low salary, little progression opportunities

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company Culture

14 Jan 2021 - Data Engineer in Ipswich, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Of all the places I've worked, Made.com has the best company culture team. Despite joining throughout the lockdown, the company has organized several virtual events to keep everyone engaged and also send treats regularly. They're also one of the few companies that act on the feedback they receive from employees. With regards to the role, there are interesting problems to work on and opportunities to develop professionally. In tech, we have 'Friday Time' every two weeks where we can dedicate our Friday to working on innovative projects that are not part of the usual deliverables. Overall, it's a great place to work with a good work/life balance.

Cons

Pension contribution could be higher. Remote working from abroad (temporarily for holidays) is not allowed.

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

More concerned with job performance than the well-being of their employees.

20 Dec 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall culture of the company does seem positive but my personal experience did not reflect this at all.

Cons

- Management seems completely clueless about the difficulties of starting a job and learning everything from scratch via Zoom and instant messaging, as opposed to asking questions in person in an office. - During my whole time at the company I only met one of my colleagues in person. Obviously this is down to the severe challenges of COVID, but very little effort was made to make up for the difficulty of building relationships with new colleagues over Zoom. - The lack of social interaction combined with a complete intolerance of any mistakes while learning from home led to me to truly hate my experience with this company. A shame because I’m sure it would have been completely different if it wasn’t entirely working from home and was actually able to properly build relationships with colleagues.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee

Made.com customer services

11 May 2021 - Customer Services Representative in Claydon, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, staff are mostly decent people

Cons

Poor management through lockdowns. Feel unvalued as an agent, more like statistics and numbers on a screen than a human being.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company for learning and growing, healthy environment

2 Dec 2020 - Senior Software Engineer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot to learn, healthy relationship with peers and management. Activities to learn with hackathon, weekly coding challenge, book club, slack discussion, shared documentation, meetup organization. Room for innovation with 10% free time (1 Friday every couple of weeks) to work on what we want. Focus on feedback to see how to improve constantly. Team spirit. Good atmosphere, people love what they do. The company does what is right (diversity inclusion, work from home policy, wellness scheme with yoga, message, meditation etc). A lot of ambition (international, plays against the big name of e-retailing).

Cons

Too much chocolate and snack, we need healthier food :)

10. 5.0

Amazing

24 Feb 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Ipswich, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Understanding Amazing team work Best company I've worked for Ongoing support

Cons

None Honestly had a fab year at made.com

Viewing 1 - 10 of 105 Reviews