Medical Protection Society Reviews

Updated 13 Jan 2021

4.3
Medical Protection Society Chief Executive Simon Kayll (no image)
Simon Kayll
Pros
  • "Interesting cases, good work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• "Been at mps for a long time they really try to progress you in your career(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "There has to be further communication between departments, further transparency from the executive team and much more career progression opportunities(in 5 reviews)

• "None so far that I have come across(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Supportive and Realistic"

Current Employee - Data Architect in Leeds, England

I have been working at Medical Protection Society full-time

Pros

Committed to extensive use of IT generally and data in particular Generally 'can do' mentality Not scared to undertake significant business change Have supported me during my initial probation period e.g. with learning materials and attendance at a conference Realistic view of required tooling/support needed to undertake activities

Cons

Not many, maybe not as dynamic as some organisations and the wider industry may be subject to future regulatory constraints, but overall this is one of the best employers I have had (after 30+ years in tech)

2. COVID-19

"The FM team are brilliant and feel like a family, very sad to be leaving the team."

4.0
    Former Employee - Facilities Coordinator in Leeds, England

I worked at Medical Protection Society full-time for more than a year

Pros

The FM team are amazing to work with. Free onsite parking on a rota basis.

Cons

Too many senior managers who seem to be in meetings all the time so it can take a while to get an answer. Pay isn't as good as at other companies but is ok.

Continue reading

3. "Good company would recommend highly"

Former Employee - Claims Assistant in London, England

I worked at Medical Protection Society full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Been at mps for a long time they really try to progress you in your career. Funded me for my law training.

Cons

A lot of decisions have to go through lots of people so sometimes can be difficult.

December 16, 2020Recruitment Adviser

Great that you have taken the time to review your 8 years at MPS and we are so glad it has been a positive experience. The aim of refreshing our Employee Engagement Forums has been to get colleagues from around the organisation more involved in decision making as we are aware this is an area that we can always improve. Good luck in your next steps in your law career.

4. COVID-19

"Great place to work, good opportunities and plenty of flexibility"

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Leeds, England

I have been working at Medical Protection Society full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Long standing, well respected company which has performed well during an economic downturn and the coronavirus pandemic. The staff and teams in all departments are warm, friendly and welcoming, it is a nice place to work with good people to interact with. There are opportunities available for people who work hard. There is a real focus on developing the next group of leaders within the organisation.

Cons

There are no negatives about working at Medical Protection.

December 11, 2020Recruitment Adviser

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. It's great that you seem to really enjoy working at MPS and especially nice to see your comments about the colleagues and teams you work with being friendly and welcoming.

5. "Business relationships"

5.0
    Current Employee - International Business Relationship Manager in Leeds, England

Pros

Friendly and great teams mates

Cons

Shrinking, as market is contracting

November 11, 2020Recruitment Adviser

Thank you for your review. We always appreciate people taking the time to feedback on their experience of working at MPS, especially when it’s a 5 star review. We always strive to create a positive culture and having teams that work well together is something we aim to have in the DNA and culture of the organisation. There is no doubt that we face some challenges in the markets in which we operate, but there are also exciting opportunities for us to to grow our current and future markets. We know this will take lots of hard work and talented people to be able to do this, but it’s something we are ready to face into.

6. "amazing company"

Current Employee - Customer Advisor in Leeds, England

I have been working at Medical Protection Society full-time

Pros

Great company to work for with a great wage, hard work but worth it. Amazing team everyone so kind and helpful.

Cons

I am unable to think of any cons

September 18, 2020Recruitment Adviser

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review on Glassdoor. It's great that you have such a positive view of MPS and your career here over the last 10 years +. It's so good to know that you have such a good relationship with your team and other colleagues. Head of Talent Leadership and Culture

"uncomfortable working environment"

2.0
    Former Employee - Solicitor in Leeds, England

I worked at Medical Protection Society full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lovely colleagues, good quality of work. Very much enjoyed helping the members

Cons

bullying and aggressive behaviour by senior management

October 8, 2020Recruitment Adviser

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I was obviously disappointed to read some of your comments. Bullying and aggressive behaviour is not something we tolerate at any level of the organisation. If you'd like to discuss these concerns further please contact any member of our People and Culture team.

8. COVID-19

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Procurement in Leeds, England

I have been working at Medical Protection Society full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined the role during lockdown, the engagement and sense of belonging has been extremely good from the organisation. They have handled the current situation immensely well and I felt part of the organisation from day 1, even without having the ability to physically meet people or see the office. The work is great and there is always opportunity to challenge yourself, and a real sense of empowerment to progress and make decisions.

Cons

The only downside thus far is one that is unable to be controlled, working from home and not getting the physical interaction with colleagues. That said, MPS really have dealt with the situation well and reacted.

September 18, 2020Recruitment Adviser

The last few months have been quite a rollercoaster ride and we appreciate how challenging it is to get to know your team and colleagues around the organisation when they only exist on screen!!! You are not on your own, between 1st March and 30th June we had 49 new colleagues join MPS across 5 different countries. I’m really pleased that you have joined the team and are already enjoying your role.

9. "Brilliant Company with amazing support"

Current Employee - Case Manager in Leeds, England

Pros

The best company I have worked for in terms of learning, support and pastoral care.

Cons

Extremely busy, but then not sure that's a con?

September 18, 2020Recruitment Adviser

Fantastic feedback, thank you. As an organisation we strive to provide lots of learning opportunities and support to develop and I’m really glad you have seen this in your first year at MPS. It would be great to get feedback from you on the new approach we have implemented to support the continued development of our Case Management teams.

10. COVID-19

"amazing"

Current Employee - Litigation Assistant in Leeds, England

Pros

genuinely interested in letting people develop personally and professionally. Offices are spacious and well equipped with kitchens, library and gym with showers hairdryers etc. I started in February so only had one month in the office before lockdown and since then I have had to learn my new role whilst working remotely. Everyone has been really helpful and been willing to answer my questions and show me how to do things. The team are amazing and all seem like they are genuinely interested in helpibg to develop my skills and knowledge.

Cons

I havent come across any yet!!

September 18, 2020Recruitment Adviser

Thank you for your feedback. It’s been a very interesting time to join any organisation. Going through induction and learning a new job in lockdown must have been a challenge. It is great to hear that everyone has been helpful and your team sound as though they have been fantastic in appreciating these challenges and making you feel at home. See you back in the gym when we are able!!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 English Reviews