MicroAge Reviews

Updated 8 May 2020

3.8
MicroAge CEO Jeff McKeever (no image)
Jeff McKeever
  1. "National Account Manager"

Former Employee - National Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MicroAge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from Home. No defined territories

Cons

Your own your own. Little to no support staff

2. "Great and serious owner, good wages."

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at MicroAge full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great camaraderie among peers, most people tend to stay for 10+ years, good wages.

Cons

Company is a "one man show". Owner is sole decision taker. No possibility for advancement.

3. "Amazing Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at MicroAge full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Amazing culture * Great comp plan * Training * Systems * Reimburse for your cell phone and internet bill as well as any hotels, gas, airplane and food expenses for client visits. * They truly want to build a family atmosphere, even inviting your significant other for the Awards Dinner week in February * Leadership team and Owner are wonderful people * Open to Suggestions

Cons

* 3 times a year for the field team to come out is a bit much

Continue reading
  4. "One of the best places to work, really."

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at MicroAge full-time for less than a year

Pros

It's an exciting time to be at MicroAge as our organization is moving fast with technologies. MicroAge has a culture that feels like family and empowers employee appreciation at every level of the organization. MicroAge was just recognized as a Best Place to Work AGAIN by the Phoenix Business Journal. At most companies, these types of achievements are empty victories that are driven more by PR/upper management and marketing dollars than the employees themselves. But here, it's real, and you see it in the way team members are treated every day. Work life balance is achievable here, while still making a visible difference for customers and partners in the process. Jeff McKeever, our CEO and Chief Founder is authentic, diplomatic and really cares, everyone on the leadership team does. There is some flexibility with working remote.

Cons

There aren't many cons, some normal growing pains and occasional silos that come with moving fast in different directions and constantly building out an organization. The team is actively growing and improving together.

5. "So/so"

I worked at MicroAge full-time

Pros

Autonomy once sales goals are met. Much of upper management is very competent. Great strategic leadership under previous ownership (Mark, son of the founder.)

Cons

Company shifted toward micromanaging rather than being strategic as with former President. Doesn't have the resources of larger competitors. Commissions paid at a tiny fraction if your clients aren't prompt with payment. Not a fit for many larger clients.

6. "Terrible liars"

Former Employee - On-Site Service Specialist
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at MicroAge full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

none I can think of

Cons

Put company profits over employee and customer relations

7. "Great team, lots of support"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at MicroAge full-time

Pros

The network will really help support you with your needs

Cons

Not the best at adapting to change

8. "Sales rep."

I have been working at MicroAge full-time

Pros

Very little micro management which allows much flexibility and autonomy to self-manage.

Cons

No payroll at the moment.

Continue reading

"So HAPPY I made the switch to MicroAge!!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive - Field

I have been working at MicroAge full-time for less than a year

Pros

*They give you freedom to work your book of business. *You get treated like an adult, so no managers over your shoulder asking you about your call count, or if you show up 1 minute late. *The executive team generally seems to care about my success. I came from a company in which the C-Level execs really separated themselves from the sales team. Not much interaction. At MicroAge it's hard to see a line of where the C-Level ends and sales begins, because everyone talks to everyone. *There aren't any barriers blocking you from talking to anyone in the company - a true open-door policy. *The sales team is very well trained, has loads of experience and is very professional.

Cons

Sometimes the time change is tough to deal with since MicroAge is on MST - you learn how to work around it.

MicroAge Response

January 10, 2018HR Manager

We are SO HAPPY that you are SO HAPPY to be with us!! We provide the freedom to be successful and will always have an open door to address questions and concerns. Even with time zone changes, we're only a phone call away. Reach out to us anytime!

10. "Lots of freedom, way too many fees taken from you"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Tempe, AZ

I worked at MicroAge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of freedom, come and go as you please, if you are hitting your numbers they leave you alone.

Cons

Way to many fees, they pay a draw you pay back from commissions so no salary. Pay a load on all sales which sucks on big revenue deals, they take over half your spiffs after load added, commission take a hit if customer pays late. They call it 50% commission but really in the 30's with load and fees and no salary. Also, way to many useless trainings and monthly meetings that are a waste of time.

MicroAge Response

January 10, 2018HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We understand and appreciate our comp plan is not a good fit for all sales professionals. Our plan is positioned so our Account Executives can manage accounts like it were their business. This requires, for example, setting upfront expectations for their clients to pay invoices timely. It is true, commissions are reduced when payments are delayed beyond 60 days. We find this to be the largest factor where some Account Executives experience commissions less than expectations. In regard to training and monthly meetings, we very much believe in a culture of employee enrichment, self-improvement and communication. We would not be a good fit for those that prefer to work without such training and communication. Thanks again for taking the time to post your thoughts.

Found 43 reviews